BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Half Season Ticket On Sale Now

Kamy100

This can easily be solved if someone has the pre-season prices for all the stands. What are the %age increases in all four stands?

Surely the pre-season price is irrelevant unless you feel there should be no financial benefit to be had from buying a whole season ticket, and a more accurate comparison is against the half ticket price of 12 months ago.

In any event in what way is £149 for the remaining eleven games in three out of the four stands remotely unreasonable? You can dress it up by saying it's a 20% increase on this or that etc but in real terms it's surely very reasonable.

If the Club are restarting a price differential for sitting in the JW then so be it. It's maybe bad news for me in the long term if that were the case as I sit there but if I don't like it or can't afford to pay I'd have to sit in another part of the ground.

OK then Mercerman [i'm supporting you here!] there are two[/] questions. Firstly, if the percentages you quote are correct, then how do the club justify people in the JW have to pay a bigger increase than other fans - and how do the club justify such big increases when they are trying to persuade more fans to return to the club?

Any FF member prepared to ask the questions?

1) It's a better view.

2) It's still extremely reasonable in real terms.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In any event in what way is £149 for the remaining eleven games in three out of the four stands remotely unreasonable?

Rev, are you still on the FF? If so, I would expect that you might take these points seriously and maybe "represent" [cue hysterics from Glenn :lol:] some of the fans concerns - rather than tell 'em to find another seat. Percentage rises should be equal across all the stands. Anyone in a position to talk with the club regularly should be pressing for lower/fairer ticket prices, just as the FSF does. I hope the other FF members have a bit more about them.

As for me, if I want a ST, the prices wont stop me. I'll pay what I can afford. That doesn't mean that everyone should like it or lump it.

1) It's a better view.

It's the same view as last season.

Surely the pre-season price is irrelevant unless you feel there should be no financial benefit to be had from buying a whole season ticket, .

I've already said that's to be expected. Keep up Rev.

OK then Mercerman [i'm supporting you here!] there are two[/] questions. Firstly, if the percentages you quote are correct, then how do the club justify people in the JW have to pay a bigger increase than other fans - and how do the club justify such big increases when they are trying to persuade more fans to return to the club?

Any FF member prepared to ask the questions?

A further factor is that many supporters have a number of tickets, as I did, for family, friends, business etc.

If each seat is £70ish more than feels right, on 4 seats for example, that's a substantial £280 more for just 11 matches !

Think I agree with Den.

Comparing the FULL PRICE of STs, is it true that half-season tickets in the JW are being hiked by a much greater percentage than in other stands? Folk are right that I can move elsewhere (and probably will), but instead of the club getting (say) £250 from me for a half season ticket in the JW, they'll get £150 from me for a seat in the Riverside. Just strikes me that it's not really the result that either the club or customer wants. Still, if BRFC are happy with that who am I to argue?

Signed, a boycotter who is now buying match-by-match till Xmas.

Have to factor in the Burnley game. It's our biggest match of the season and I have no doubt tha tickets will be going for 30-35, if you say a half price season ticket is getting that at 20 (so a good discount) then that alone makes up signifanct percentage of the 11 game cost.

Just as a matter of interest I took the offer price for a senior seat in the JW Upper and divided by 11 (£129/11=£11.73 per match) very reasonable I think, but I will still not be taking up the offer. There are two reasons:

1) The ONLY way that I can possibly get down and back home in the same day by public transport (ie Railway/bus) is if the match K.O. time is 3pm. Any variation from that and it is simply not possible for me. Given the number of remaining matches that KO at that time it is simply NOT a viable proposition. End of!

2) Even if all 11 matches met the req's of 1) there is still the vexing problem of the Venkys and their entourage'. Again ...not for me!!

3) After due consideration............Oh to heck with reason 2). I will just buy the matches individually that meet the 3pm criteria. Unfortunately that is unllikely to include the Burnley match. :angry2:

For me it was a question of principle - I was sickened by Wankys continued support of Coco after relegation and chose to boycott. SS accepted the poor attendances were hurting, and even if it wasn't the deciding factor in Coco quitting, it affected the owners. I went back against Wolves with all the good will I felt post-Coco and witnessed an abject performance and decided I couldn't go back until they found a new manager in whom we could trust.

I paid £25 to watch last Saturday and was greatly encouraged.

I went and bought me and my son half season tickets this morning - I didn't begrudge £198 for the two of us in the family stand, an average of £18 for the two of us per game. It's in my blood, and I want to go regularly, so this way I'm sure it will be cheaper than a match by match basis. I sympathise with JW users as the club have overpriced those tickets - our owners/policy makers still have an awful lot of making up to do to their lifeblood.

• Backroom

At £188 for my father and I, or £8.55 per game each, we'll be back!! Merce, if it bothers you get a cheaper seat. If you aren't prepared to get a different view of the game you're being very petty. Approx £25/game is still good value compared to many clubs.

Price isnt an issue when quality is on the menu at Rovers. Sadly, when quality is'nt on view then price does become an issue.

Pity it all starts from January 1st, when the fans wont have had chance to see if there are any changes being made for the good of the club. Preferably the half season ticket should start at the beginning of February rather than January.

Mercerman does have a point. Using "early bird" as a description is misleading, because those prices were available to everyone throughout the summer. You would then surely expect the same price rate on offer for the half season tickets, wouldn't you? I would.

Mmm dunno, bit like hitting the New Years sales then expecting that price all year, in my little mind anyway.

Rev, are you still on the FF? If so, I would expect that you might take these points seriously and maybe "represent" [cue hysterics from Glenn :lol:] some of the fans concerns - rather than tell 'em to find another seat. Percentage rises should be equal across all the stands. Anyone in a position to talk with the club regularly should be pressing for lower/fairer ticket prices, just as the FSF does. I hope the other FF members have a bit more about them.

As for me, if I want a ST, the prices wont stop me. I'll pay what I can afford. That doesn't mean that everyone should like it or lump it.

It's the same view as last season.

I've already said that's to be expected. Keep up Rev.

To deal with some of your points:

I'm not on the FF any more so I can't say what the FF consensus on this is. However Tom is I think and his views broadly correspond with mine so maybe he can tell you if the FF were consulted and whether his view mirrored the majority one.

Secondly, apart from you and Mm I would say the majority of posts on the thread don't feel that 149 quid for 11 games in 3 out of the 4 stands is unreasonable so I wouldn't say you're reflecting the view of the majority of the fans either.

As regards the JW stand, just because you've enjoyed something for a lot less than it should be, doesn't necessarily mean you're automatically entitled to get it at the same cheap rate forever and a day.

Finally I don't understand why you felt the need to respond in such insulting fashion. I don't think I posted originally in that manner so I'm not too clear on why you retorted in the tone you did.

Very petty to only sit in the jw. Fair enough everybody has their favourite stand but if I was priced out I wouldnt stop seeing my team over it. Genuine question mm will you absolutely no way even consider changing stands?

As I take other people with me, I have other considerations. This is not about absolute cost more more about principle in that a price increase of 27% to 45%, dependent upon what you measure it against, is, IMO, ridiculous and the club will not re-engage with its missing thousands of supporters with that approach.

I will buy my tickets on a match basis, as required, taking advantage of any '2 for' or '3 for' offers.

Hopefully, we will be back in the PL next season and I will then be happy to purchase at the same rate as other supporters.

• Backroom

To deal with some of your points:

I'm not on the FF any more so I can't say what the FF consensus on this is. However Tom is I think and his views broadly correspond with mine so maybe he can tell you if the FF were consulted and whether his view mirrored the majority one.

Secondly, apart from you and Mm I would say the majority of posts on the thread don't feel that 149 quid for 11 games in 3 out of the 4 stands is unreasonable so I wouldn't say you're reflecting the view of the majority of the fans either.

As regards the JW stand, just because you've enjoyed something for a lot less than it should be, doesn't necessarily mean you're automatically entitled to get it at the same cheap rate forever and a day.

Finally I don't understand why you felt the need to respond in such insulting fashion. I don't think I posted originally in that manner so I'm not too clear on why you retorted in the tone you did.

Rev

I left the fans forum last year but several posters on here are still on

Very petty to only sit in the jw. Fair enough everybody has their favourite stand but if I was priced out I wouldnt stop seeing my team over it. Genuine question mm will you absolutely no way even consider changing stands?

Exactly. To choose not to come for half a season then complain that you can only get the cheapest rates on 3 sides of the stadium is more than a little presumptious imo.

Obviously if you couldn't get a half ST anywhere in the ground for less than about 250 then that would be ridiculous. Or if there was the slightest question of capacity in the 3 cheaper stands not being sufficient to satisfy demand for half ST's then prices should be reduced in the JW stand to accomodate any overflow.

Mercerman does have a point. Using "early bird" as a description is misleading, because those prices were available to everyone throughout the summer. You would then surely expect the same price rate on offer for the half season tickets, wouldn't you? I would.

But it was an early bird discount. It was just extended because the club were being really good to the fans and trying to help them to renew struggling to sell enough tickets, what with Kean being The Reason Everyone Was Staying AwayTM.

It is a little bit churlish to complain at the club for not extending it until January. :closedeyes:

And a bit unfair on those who were foolish enough but still parted with their cash during the dark days of Keandom! :brfcsmilie:

I wonder if all the apologists for the club pricing policy will be equally happy when the price goes up (and the gate down) next season. Any businessman seeing you all happy to pay even more for their product will be laughing all the way to the bank. Idiots.

I wonder if all the apologists for the club pricing policy will be equally happy when the price goes up (and the gate down) next season. Any businessman seeing you all happy to pay even more for their product will be laughing all the way to the bank.

No apology at all. Just think that in comparison to other clubs in this league, oh and Leagues 1 and 2, we don't actually get that bad a deal. I bet fans of other clubs would love to pay the prices we "enjoy". :xmas:

Idiots.

:lol:

For 11 matches, I would have been happy to pay up to £209/ticket (equiv. to £19/game)

so for what is generally considered the best seat in the house, you are prepared to pay £19 per match... there isn't a cat in hells chance that a Premier League/Championship club could be self-funding, never mind makea profit at those prices... how are the club supposed to buy quality players (who command quality wages) if we have such 'loyal' fans as Mercerman who won't even pay £20 for a ticket in the JW Upper Central?!?!?!

I wonder if all the apologists for the club pricing policy will be equally happy when the price goes up (and the gate down) next season. Any businessman seeing you all happy to pay even more for their product will be laughing all the way to the bank. Idiots.

I think Barry is right.

IMO, the writing is on the wall and irrespective of what league we find ourselves in next season, I would expect substantial price increases. I predict that this MB will be in meltdown with the news !

Did you take into account how many higher tiered matches are in the final 11 matches ? Don't know the answer - but just a thought.

Good point. The only 2 cat A+ games are in 2013 and are £8 dearer that cat A and £12 dearer than cat B. love to see percentage increae per game with that taken into account if you use the price of a full season ticket AFTER the Hull game.

so for what is generally considered the best seat in the house, you are prepared to pay £19 per match... there isn't a cat in hells chance that a Premier League/Championship club could be self-funding, never mind makea profit at those prices... how are the club supposed to buy quality players (who command quality wages) if we have such 'loyal' fans as Mercerman who won't even pay £20 for a ticket in the JW Upper Central?!?!?!

I think you miss the point - those who renewed up to kick-off for the new season, paid an average unit price of £17.35/match. I would not expect to be able to get season tickets now at the same price.

Yes, we all know Rovers' pricing is relatively cheap, however, that is largely irrelevant as supporters are only interested in their own market (Rovers' pricing). It took Williams and co several years to fully understand and manage this dynamic but, unfortunately, it looks like we are almost back to where we started. Getting the missing thousands back could be a long and painful process.

Archived