BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Half Season Ticket On Sale Now

Kamy100

Discrimination!

PC gone mad

They are sitting in the best seats in the ground, if they don't like the price move, or have a chat with USABlue

That is why the full season ticket was £399 v £229 for BE !

The inability of some to understand a rationale point is astounding at times.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually find myself agreeing with you Merce, but you're just being petty here. I've sat in all 4 stands of the ground on various occasions and not once has my view of the match tainted my enjoyment of it. Move seats and your WHOLE problem completely disappears. It does just sound like you want to moan for the sake of it, in all honesty.

It's far bigger than me having a moan.

Correct me if I am wrong but has the JW this season not been the most sparsely populated stand ? If it has, the proposed pricing the Jan. 2013 season tickets is not going to get the punters coming back in their droves. Thought we all wanted to see as many home fans as possible at Ewood ?

Anyhow, made my points and now finished on this subject.

It's also Poet's day and Children in Need day, so I'm now done for the day after an early start.

Stop using the early bird price. I bought my season ticket after Kean had gone and paid full whack. I accepted the earlier price was for pre-season and that by choosing not to purchase then I had to pay significantly more. They are enticing you back by giving you a significant reduction on match day costs.

Secondly, apart from you and Mm I would say the majority of posts on the thread don't feel that 149 quid for 11 games in 3 out of the 4 stands is unreasonable so I wouldn't say you're reflecting the view of the majority of the fans either.

As regards the JW stand, just because you've enjoyed something for a lot less than it should be, doesn't necessarily mean you're automatically entitled to get it at the same cheap rate forever and a day.

Rev.

You're once again misrepresenting what I'm saying. I haven't said anywhere that the prices in the three other stands are unreasonable. I'm basing my question on the info MM has posted on here regarding the JW upper. IF MM's figures are wrong then the whole point is invalid. You know that.

My point is quite a simple one. Is the %age increase in the JW stand much higher than in the other stands - and if so, why? Now to me that's a very reasonable question. If you're not interested, well fair enough, but I am.

I didn't intend to insult you Rev. [if you were insulted then I apologise]. I would have thought that every fan would argue for fair pricing across all the stands, especially someone who was on the FF in the past. Honestly, if the FF aren't interested in pricing, what are they there for? Having said that, I'm almost certain that the FF will ask the club for the figures and their reasoning.

• Backroom

It's far bigger than me having a moan.

Correct me if I am wrong but has the JW this season not been the most sparsely populated stand ? If it has, the proposed pricing the Jan. 2013 season tickets is not going to get the punters coming back in their droves. Thought we all wanted to see as many home fans as possible at Ewood ?

Anyhow, made my points and now finished on this subject.

It's also Poet's day and Children in Need day, so I'm now done for the day after an early start.

I've always wondered if it's a two-birds-one-stone kinda thing. Cheaper seats in 3 other stands = more fans accounted for. ALSO....

Conspiracy Corner: The TV gantry is in the JW stand, therefore it looks better if more fans are in the other 3 stands. Just a thought.

Okay pal, can't let you get away with posting such rubbish.

Firstly, you don't get the issue about the pricing of tickets. The absolute cost is not a personal issue, it's my view that, in principle, a price increase / unit of between 29% and 45% versus what others paid right up to kick-off is ludicrous. May i also remind you that historically, I have bought a number of season tickets each season and not just one. I have also said that, if Rovers maintain a challenging position, I will buy match tickets as and when required, also taking advantage of the inevitable '2 for' or '3 for' offers - didn't we have a 3 for £20 in the second half of last season ?

Secondly, yes I do like a bet and all in all, make a bob or two from it. What I do not do is brag about the winnings and for that reason, you, nor anyone else on this MB, will know how much I have won.

Thirdly, if Rovers were to provide a week by week log of cumulative season ticket sales from when 'Early Bird' started right up to kick-off, I think there would be a few surprises at just where we were at certain parts of the cycle!

Fourthly, your comments about the Kean protest are out of context. It was a Carling Cup match if I recall correctly and I was stranded a long way way from Ewood come kick-off owing to a meeting that had overrun and motorway madness. You also need to make your mind up about a friend of mine - is he "muscle bound" or just "fat" (he certainly can't be both !).

Fifthly, I only post tit bits that I hear in the course of both my work and normal everyday life, just like many others on this MB do. As for bullsh1t, try these three. I posted on here that the Rhodes deal was agreed hours before any media got near it (Cryer was still in denial at tea time, 6 hours later). I persistently posted, much to the derision of some, the week before the Charlton match, that Kean would not be in charge come the match - Kamy in a podcast that followed Kean's departure then said effectively that there had been enormous pressure in the week before Charlton to get Kean out and we know how the story ended! And I think you will also find that I was first to post on here about Holloway's release clause and at that stage, it hadn't been reported in the press.

I like a bit of banter and MB's are not for those who take things too seriously. Unfortunately, there are clowns like you around.

100 words or less dude

We're languishing in 7th place !!!!

drama queen

Yeah languishing. We're already 7 points behind 2nd after just 16 games. If this rate of slippage carries on, we'll finish 20 points behind 2nd at the end of the season. We're doing poorly, if you wanna make excuses for it or stick rose-tinted specs on, feel free. But fans who haven't renewed yet won't look at games like Birmingham and think wasn't that a wonderful display, they'll look at it and think "outside the play-offs, drawing at home to 19th in the league, automatic promotion is quickly getting away from us." We ain't doing well enough in my opinion to justify another price hike. Fans can rant and rave on here, but what matters is how many turn up at that Forest game on 1st Jan, and Venkys have set themselves up for disappointment again.

• Backroom

Yeah languishing. We're already 7 points behind 2nd after just 16 games. If this rate of slippage carries on, we'll finish 20 points behind 2nd at the end of the season. We're doing poorly, if you wanna make excuses for it or stick rose-tinted specs on, feel free. But fans who haven't renewed yet won't look at games like Birmingham and think wasn't that a wonderful display, they'll look at it and think "outside the play-offs, drawing at home to 19th in the league, automatic promotion is quickly getting away from us." We ain't doing well enough in my opinion to justify another price hike. Fans can rant and rave on here, but what matters is how many turn up at that Forest game on 1st Jan, and Venkys have set themselves up for disappointment again.

You think being 7 points behind auto-promotion places with 30 games to go is 'languishing'? I've said this before, but who needs dingles with fans like that? You're perfectly entitled to think the way you do, but it doesn't half come across as a wind-up, I'm afraid. Your name doesn't help either ;)

The %'ge rise hides the fact that the prioces started at a ridiculous low and also what the impact would be in future years if only a small rise was applied.

Think about it. If as a season ticket holder you are rewarded for committing early you are happy. If a fellow who waits to see how we are playing, what the atmosphere is like and only has to pay a little bit extra for the half season ticket, what is my motivation to commit early?

The tickets were kept at the level they were to try and maintain the supporter base after relegation, it didn't work so they kept the prices low to try and attract more over a longer period. The club is running at loss, the half season tickets are still much cheaper than the match day tickets, why should the club as a business write off more income by only applying a small increase?

This is the current price, the previous prices given the circumstances are not a good comparitor, it's like comparing a full price sale to a discounted sale in the retial world, not like for like.

+1

You think being 7 points behind auto-promotion places with 30 games to go is 'languishing'? I've said this before, but who needs dingles with fans like that? You're perfectly entitled to think the way you do, but it doesn't half come across as a wind-up, I'm afraid. Your name doesn't help either ;)

2 years ago next week we were 11th in the PL. As our decline since then has been completely self-inflicted (and in some parts approved by the Allardyce critics), personally I refuse to make excuses for it. 19th in the PL wasn't good enough, and 7th in the Championship definitely isn't good enough. Venkys shouldn't get off the hook with any fans until automatic promotion becomes a probability rather than its current status as an unlikely possibility.

You might be happy with things, I'm not sure how unless you're suffering from a combination of a greatly lowered expectation levels and amnesia. But personally I'm very, very far from impressed with our start to this season. If Venkys don't realise that a particular effort needs to be made to entice fans back, then they're as barking mad as ever. Our level of football this season won't do the job for them.

As I said, I'm probably getting one cause I miss it and its still cheap. But in relative terms, £150 for half a season is a 33% increase on prices 2 years ago, and we're now in a league below. In terms relative to our club, its a rubbish deal. In terms relative to other clubs, fair enough its still decent.

2 years ago next week we were 11th in the PL. As our decline since then has been completely self-inflicted (and in some parts approved by the Allardyce critics), personally I refuse to make excuses for it. 19th in the PL wasn't good enough, and 7th in the Championship definitely isn't good enough. Venkys shouldn't get off the hook with any fans until automatic promotion becomes a probability rather than its current status as an unlikely possibility.

You might be happy with things, I'm not sure how unless you're suffering from a combination of a greatly lowered expectation levels and amnesia. But personally I'm very, very far from impressed with our start to this season. If Venkys don't realise that a particular effort needs to be made to entice fans back, then they're as barking mad as ever. Our level of football this season won't do the job for them.

As I said, I'm probably getting one cause I miss it and its still cheap. But in relative terms, £150 for half a season is a 33% increase on prices 2 years ago, and we're now in a league below. In terms relative to our club, its a rubbish deal. In terms relative to other clubs, fair enough its still decent.

So the new chant should be "I'm Rovers till I die - unless ST prices are too high (even though cheaper than most clubs), if we aren't playing well, don't like the owners, stub my toe on the way to the match - I'm Rovers till I die" :rover:

So the new chant should be "I'm Rovers till I die - unless ST prices are too high (even though cheaper than most clubs), if we aren't playing well, don't like the owners, stub my toe on the way to the match - I'm Rovers till I die" :rover:

You're making out that fans aren't attending for any old reason. Like I said, people must be forgetting whats happened to this club. Or maybe its the whole good football thing again. I've heard numerous fans say how we haven't played as well as we did against Birmingham since the Hughes days, an absolutely hilarious comment in my opinion.

Henning Berg has brought good football back and all of a sudden there's no reason not to go, our owners are fine, and things are better than they were under Allardyce. Or something along those lines seems to be the gist. Totally bonkers.

Our owners are still right on track for reducing this club to a debt-ridden shell of its former self, and are charging fans more than we've paid in years to see it. They've gotta be realistic in my opinion, many of the fans who've left will still have massive issues with the loss of Williams and Allardyce, with Venkys maintaining a negative net transfer spend, the desertion of all corporate sponsorship, the growing power of a clueless buffoon from Malaysia, our reportedly rapidly growing debt.

Those issues seem to be vanishing up the greatest player of all time Simon Vukevic's backside on here, but many outside the bubble will likely still take some convincing to forgive and forget the last 2 years. Steadily rising ticket prices ain't gonna do it.

You're making out that fans aren't attending for any old reason. Like I said, people must be forgetting whats happened to this club. Or maybe its the whole good football thing again. I've heard numerous fans say how we haven't played as well as we did against Birmingham since the Hughes days, an absolutely hilarious comment in my opinion.

Henning Berg has brought good football back and all of a sudden there's no reason not to go, our owners are fine, and things are better than they were under Allardyce. Or something along those lines seems to be the gist. Totally bonkers.

Our owners are still right on track for reducing this club to a debt-ridden shell of its former self, and are charging fans more than we've paid in years to see it. They've gotta be realistic in my opinion, many of the fans who've left will still have massive issues with the loss of Williams and Allardyce, with Venkys maintaining a negative net transfer spend, the desertion of all corporate sponsorship, the growing power of a clueless buffoon from Malaysia, our reportedly rapidly growing debt.

Those issues seem to be vanishing up the greatest player of all time Simon Vukevic's backside on here, but many outside the bubble will likely still take some convincing to forgive and forget the last 2 years. Steadily rising ticket prices ain't gonna do it.

Sorry - when you qoute issues with the owners you have my sympathy - but when you start moaning about the quality of the football - or increases in tickets prices when we still have some of the cheapest season ticket deals in football (as you say against increasing debt - and having purchased the most expensive striker ever in Championship football) - the only word that springs to mind is spoilt.

Sorry - when you qoute issues with the owners you have my sympathy - but when you start moaning about the quality of the football - or increases in tickets prices when we still have some of the cheapest season ticket deals in football (as you say against increasing debt - and having purchased the most expensive striker ever in Championship football) - the only word that springs to mind is spoilt.

The word isFICKLE

To be honest i agree with everything you are saying about the last 2 years.People have frankly had enough and had ST holders not bought their tickets for the entirety of last season i dread to think what would have happened.Venkys have got so much wrong, made so many hideously crass decisions, brought in buffoons to run the club , that people have just completely had enough.Their decision not come i don't think generally is based on price. They just feel as though Venkys have bent them over and rammed it up their asses.

The disaffection has been growing for 2 years and will get worse.

If we go up this year (biggish if) does anyone think we will have our ST holders back at last years levels? Not a chance, there is a contingent of fans that have just been lied to and insulted and wont go again as long as these bell ends are around.

To be honest i agree with everything you are saying about the last 2 years.People have frankly had enough and had ST holders not bought their tickets for the entirety of last season i dread to think what would have happened.Venkys have got so much wrong, made so many hideously crass decisions, brought in buffoons to run the club , that people have just completely had enough.Their decision not come i don't think generally is based on price. They just feel as though Venkys have bent them over and rammed it up their asses.

The disaffection has been growing for 2 years and will get worse.

If we go up this year (biggish if) does anyone think we will have our ST holders back at last years levels? Not a chance, there is a contingent of fans that have just been lied to and insulted and wont go again as long as these bell ends are around.

And yet only about 5% of those staunch moral crusaders staying away could be arsed to walk from the town hall to show this displeasure...

Andy Cryer can see what plenty on here cannot.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10048960.Blackburn_Rovers_Blog__It___ll_take_time_to_fall_back_in_love_at_Ewood/

It is not a price hike, just the early bird discount has finished.

I have never said that everything is fine so calm down, I do think that Berg is going to make a difference though.

Actually what matters is how many turn up for every game not just the Forest game.

You are entitled to your opinion that we are not doing well enough, I agree, but is that not as a result of having coco here, it will take some time to turn it around but don't use ticket prices as a basis for knocking the club, it is unjustified

Andy Cryer can see what plenty on here cannot.

http://www.lancashir..._love_at_Ewood/

Good article, he never once mentions ticket prices as a cause for non attendance

The Gull - we know, as did JW and co, that price elasticity of demand is very high where Rovers are concerned.

Let me try to position the issue another way:

• If you went to every league match this season at Ewood in the JW and paid matchday prices, you would pay £631
  • A season ticket, right up to the first home match of the season, would have cost you £399 - a saving of £232 or 37%. This is what some 98% of supporters would have enjoyed.
  • If you went to every league match from 01 Jan. at Ewood in the JW and paid matchday prices, you would pay £315
  • A season ticket from 01 Jan. would cost £279 - a saving of just £36 or 11%

Do you really think that such pricing will have supporters scrambling back down to Ewood ?

In comparison, look at the BE on the same basis:

• If you went to every league match this season at Ewood in the BE and paid matchday prices, you would pay £524
  • A season ticket, right up to the first home match of the season, would have cost you £229 - a saving of £295 or 56%.
  • If you went to every league match from 01 Jan. at Ewood in the BE and paid matchday prices, you would pay £264
  • A season ticket from 01 Jan. would cost £149 - a saving of £115 or 44%

Undoubtedly, IMO, those in the JW are being unfairly discriminated against with these mid season tickets.

I will buy tickets on a match by match basis, taking advantage of the inevitable offers and I know that the cost for the remainder of the season will be well less than £279 / person.

Over the recent years, Rovers have always tried to minimise increases. JW and co knew it was the only way to maintain and grow the home support. You have to remember that matchday ticket income, certainly when in the PL, is probably only about 10% of turnover. In years 1 and 2 of Championship football, it will probably be closer to 15% of turnover given Parachute payments of £16m/season. If still in Championship, after 2 years, it is easy to see that there would be huge, huge problems ahead financing the club.

IMO, unbelieveable twaddle, in the link below, about JW pricing - not sure that they really know what they are doing, however, that's no surprise !

People who sit in the JW have always paid a premium price, relative to other areas of the ground, and expect to. What they do not expect, is to be ripped off by price increases that are out of kilter with the rest of the ground, as my post above suggests.

http://www.brfcactio...icing-strategy/

It's very simple, why should someone buying a mid season ticket in the BE be offered a 44% discount whilst someone in the JW is offered just 11% ?

It just makes no sense especially when I think the fall in gates has been most evident in the JW stand - I think that stand is going to remain very sparsely populated.

I have said in previous posts, that, IMO, mid season ticket price for the JW should be £209. So, would the club rather sell, say, 1,000 extra tickets at £209 in JW or 1,000 extra at £149 in BE. It really is a no brainer when you have thousands of empty seats in the JW.

My predictions for 2013/14 season tickets, if still in Championship:

BE £299, JW £519.

Let's see if we are all still happy then.

It is not a price hike, just the early bird discount has finished.

I have never said that everything is fine so calm down, I do think that Berg is going to make a difference though.

Actually what matters is how many turn up for every game not just the Forest game.

You are entitled to your opinion that we are not doing well enough, I agree, but is that not as a result of having coco here, it will take some time to turn it around but don't use ticket prices as a basis for knocking the club, it is unjustified

Good article, he never once mentions ticket prices as a cause for non attendance

Archived