BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What I want to do is....

USABlue

Following on froma suggestion of thenodrogs I added a little twist. This is what I want to do. I want to buy two 1/2 season tickets and get them donated, raffled whatever, so that two needy/deserving juniors can get to watch their team for the last half of the season. Ones who otherwise might have limited or no opportunity to get on. I wish to provide the funds to get the tickets but let someone else do all the legwork. I am busy a lot, working long hours and busy much of my time off, I am 5000 miles away so I need help to get this done.

Open to suggestions, ideas. I have tried this before and it came to nothing, I want to put a smile on two juniors faces this Xmas. Can someone help with all the logistics.

Following on froma suggestion of thenodrogs I added a little twist. This is what I want to do. I want to buy two 1/2 season tickets and get them donated, raffled whatever, so that two needy/deserving juniors can get to watch their team for the last half of the season. Ones who otherwise might have limited or no opportunity to get on. I wish to provide the funds to get the tickets but let someone else do all the legwork. I am busy a lot, working long hours and busy much of my time off, I am 5000 miles away so I need help to get this done.

Open to suggestions, ideas. I have tried this before and it came to nothing, I want to put a smile on two juniors faces this Xmas. Can someone help with all the logistics.

I'll get involved in this if something can be worked out.

Gents, I remember a few years ago a couple of our US brethren did a similar thing. Don't see them as posters these days so you may have to rely on what I can remember!

I seem to think there were issues about a responsible adult or two needing to attend with a few kids and it needed somebody on the ground in Blackburn to do some of the legwork. Now I think a combination of the club (Community Trust?) and a local charity or two handled that side of things, but it was in the pre-Venky era so whether the resources are there for the club to handle this are still in place I don't know. Is there an email id or name at the Community Trust somewhere on the official site that you could contact?

I'll give this a little while to run so hopefully something can be worked out, if not I would possibly be willing to up it to one adult or one adult and junior. That way Mum or Dad can take the young un or just an adult can go who perhaps otherwise could not afford it.

really nice gesture USA,

and ya know there's plenty of senior and adult fans that would love to attend more games but simply cant afford too who would be just appreciative(if not more so).

If you saw my last post, I'm open to that, never thought of seniors but good shout. Neal I recall the issues last time too, just trying to do my bit. Perhaps there are some adults who go now who have family members whose children want to but can't go and would be willing to drag them along. I don't know how much time I have in order to get this done in time. I suspect I'll let it ride for a week and see what comes up then move forward one way or another.

Bump. Still have some dollars burning a hole in me pocket, got nowhere with this so far. Hardly1980, do you have someone in mind if I can't get a couple of kiddos squared away. One more week and then I'm out.

Just seen this mate, sent you a PM. Would be a shame not to ensure such a heartwarming, generous gesture come to fruition.

USA. I donated last time around when one of our friends across the pond started a fund for those unable to afford to watch Rovers. I believe it was successful. Indeed last year when I was at risk of a heart attack from watching that sh!t called football under the management of Coco and the chicken idiots I gave my 2 ST's to a refugee charity in Blackburn called the Arc charity....they were very well received despite the keans played on the pitch.

Your idea will be very well received and if you need an extra couple of $ then give me a shout.

Just seen this mate, sent you a PM. Would be a shame not to ensure such a heartwarming, generous gesture come to fruition.

Got your pm and replied, your help IS needed and appreciated.

USA. I donated last time around when one of our friends across the pond started a fund for those unable to afford to watch Rovers. I believe it was successful. Indeed last year when I was at risk of a heart attack from watching that sh!t called football under the management of Coco and the chicken idiots I gave my 2 ST's to a refugee charity in Blackburn called the Arc charity....they were very well received despite the keans played on the pitch.

Your idea will be very well received and if you need an extra couple of $ then give me a shout.

Do you have any contact info.

Archived