BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Did the FA brush us under the carpet?

Glenn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reported agents' fees for Rovers include:

• 2008/09 £1.6million
  • 2009/10 £1.6million
  • 2010/11 £4.2million

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle641525.html

http://www2.premierl...ees-2010-11.pdf

2010/11 is Venky's 1st year of ownership and I don't think many will be too surprised to see a 163% increase !

In fact, I was surprised at the reported £4.2m, expecting it to be a tad higher especially given the alleged scale of costs on the Rochina deal alone !

What is interesting is that our reported 2010/11 cost was broadly the same as Arsenal and Manchester United and given the increase over the two previous years, might suggest that we have become less economically efficient at doing deals.

Regardless of the proportion of of the cost in terms agent fee:transfer fee, do you not feel that £2million pounds for Rochina is good business?

Compare it to the Kalinic transfer £6.5m (possibly plus fees) or the countless other naff striker signings we've made over the years from Duncan Shearer to Nathan Blake...does it really matter how much is an agent fee so long as the actual cost of bringing the player to the club is proportionable to their impact or ability?

Personally.I think not.

...now, if a no-hoper like Myles Anderson on the other hand turns out to cost £2m overall that is a different story entirely.

I saw Jorge pre-season - thought he looked a tidy player and well worth a go. Rosado - played well in his cameo against Huddersfield before needlessly giving the ball away - comes with a good reputation. Edinho - looks to me out of his depth - Henrique - nobody has seen him play in blue and white yet.

Anyone remember Matt Dickens (£250k), Stephen Ireland, Gudmundsson, Lee Makel - to name just a few that were bought in and never made the grade.

I don't know what the obsession is with Portguese players - but Gomes has done ok so far - and Nunes, Jorge and Rosado look worth a gamble. How they develop - who knows - they may just fade away as Matt Dickens, Gudmundsson and Makel did.

You are right to a degree, but the difference between then and now is the quality and the quantity of the youngsters at the Academy.

Then, we barely had anything coming through the youth ranks, so it made sense to buy bit-part players, whereas now we have young lads who are at least equal with these players who have been brought in.

I know I personally would rather see Hugo Fernandez or Raheem Hanley in the squad than Henrique or Rosado.

Rev do you work as a venkys PR........a fruit and veg market trader man wouldn't have mind such a mess of owning a football club...

Just because his opinion differs from your does not make him a Venkys PR machine. Conversely, can I ask if you're SmelltheCoffee on the Lancashire Telegraph? Don't need to answer, I know you're not, but you see my point? Not a very nice thing to go around accusing people of being this or that just because they have something different from you to say.

I'm pretty sure we've never signed Stephen Ireland. You'll be thinking of Simon Ireland...

Dalglish signed a lad called Stephen ? Ireland, a young winger poss from Huddersfield i think.

I saw Jorge pre-season - thought he looked a tidy player and well worth a go. Rosado - played well in his cameo against Huddersfield before needlessly giving the ball away - comes with a good reputation. Edinho - looks to me out of his depth - Henrique - nobody has seen him play in blue and white yet.

Anyone remember Matt Dickens (£250k), Stephen Ireland, Gudmundsson, Lee Makel - to name just a few that were bought in and never made the grade.

I don't know what the obsession is with Portguese players - but Gomes has done ok so far - and Nunes, Jorge and Rosado look worth a gamble. How they develop - who knows - they may just fade away as Matt Dickens, Gudmundsson and Makel did.

Used to watch that Makel in the reserves a bit. He was a decent player don't know why he fell away, was he the one who had acid or summat chucked in his face in a nightclub whilst at another club ?

Just because his opinion differs from your does not make him a Venkys PR machine. Conversely, can I ask if you're SmelltheCoffee on the Lancashire Telegraph? Don't need to answer, I know you're not, but you see my point? Not a very nice thing to go around accusing people of being this or that just because they have something different from you to say.

Not accussing just asking a question as any fool in any walk of life wouldn't have made as many mistakes in 2 years as these brilliant business minded people...

Dalglish signed a lad called Stephen ? Ireland, a young winger poss from Huddersfield i think.

Used to watch that Makel in the reserves a bit. He was a decent player don't know why he fell away, was he the one who had acid or summat chucked in his face in a nightclub whilst at another club ?

That was Chris Holland.

Started at PNE, then went to Newcastle and followed Steve Bruce wherever he went (Hudds/B'ham, etc).

Shame about the nightclub incident, he was the star of the U-21s briefly and looked destined for great things.

That was Chris Holland.

Started at PNE, then went to Newcastle and followed Steve Bruce wherever he went (Hudds/B'ham, etc).

Shame about the nightclub incident, he was the star of the U-21s briefly and looked destined for great things.

Aye that's the one cheers.

Archived