BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Adam Henley

Kelbo

Berg must have identified the lack of pace as a problem and put Olson and Henley straight in at full back to sort that out. .

Definitely. Kean never seemed to rate pace as a useful attribute and stuck any old player in the full back and wing positions.

Henley has everything a modern full back needs. I don't think bigger clubs will come calling in the next couple of years purely because of his age, but by the time he's 21/22 it wouldn't surprise me to see the likes of Arsenal coming after him.

One good thing is that he sounds like a really intelligent and level headed guy in interviews. I don't think he'd be a trouble maker if rumours started.

It's probably worth noting that three of our current back four came through the youth ranks. I don't know how many other clubs can say that in the top two divisions.

Thought I saw it in one newspaper that Rovers had agreed a fee with WBA for Cox and he was set to travel north when someone put the block on it.

There was lots of rumour that Singh was the driving force behind Rhodes, and that he told Pune that he could do better than Cox. There was even speculation that Kean was trying to make the Rhodes signing as difficult as possible !

As we know, disecting fact from fiction with Rovers has been very difficult over the last two years, however, it would be of little surprise to me if there were fun and games over Cox and Rhodes.

Whatever the facts might be, somehow, I am sure that we got to the right place in the end !

What you are suggesting is the reality of what happened.

Rhodes family was actively being lobbied against joining Rovers....

Shebby might be a clown but he has a habit of getting lucky for us.

Bit nervous about the time left on his contract. I believe it's only till the end of next season, or possibly even this one. Can anyone confirm?

Constract expires in the summer of 2014.

The same week saw Adam sign his first professional contract with the club. A two-and-a-half year deal until the summer of 2014. He would go onto make eight first team appearances in 2011-12.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/team/player-profile/index.aspx?playerid=459663&tcmuri=96253

Maybe Parsons can help by telling us how Raheem Hanley is doing, i like the look of the lad and could be one for the future!!

Although they seem to have shaped up the last couple of games, Murphy and Etuhu looked off the pace and disinterested for a good while. It would've been nice to see him given a chance in CM. The academy lads have shown real hunger when given the chance, and in this league that is just as important as pedigree.

Nope, just Den & 47er. No one else.

Ha ha! There were plenty giving him stick on here and urging the Club to "get rid". In particular his "attitude" was criticised (which doesn't seem to be a problem at Stoke).

I don't think you can deny any of that Topman?

Ha ha! There were plenty giving him stick on here and urging the Club to "get rid". In particular his "attitude" was criticised (which doesn't seem to be a problem at Stoke).

I don't think you can deny any of that Topman?

Just joshing with you.

I always said that Nzonzi had the potential for greatness... provided he could sort his attitude out. Even Allardyce dropped him for that very reason. He certainly wouldn't have the fecundity to push on once the Kean era rolled into town.

I could never understand why there weren't more of us Den!

There was at least half, surely.

Seem to remember quite a few thinking that getting rid of Nzonzi was a good idea, and that lots of them:

were happy when we fired Allardyce

thought letting Hoillett go wouldn't be a bad thing

thought getting 16 million for Jones was good

thought we should get rid of Olsson (some were even saying this last week!)

weren't bothered that Samba left because he had a 'bad attitude'

I always said that Nzonzi had the potential for greatness...

Might be wrong but weren't you one of the ones saying 'get rid' over the summer?

To be honest though, it isn't a good idea to keep unhappy players.

N'Zonzi wouldn't have done it for us again.

Hoilett we couldn't keep so for our sanity it's easier to accept what happened.

Jones was sold for a lot of money.

Samba wanted to go and we got a decent amount for him.

If you look at how much those players cost and the money we generated from them it's good. Admittedly you can question how the money got spent, but still.

If you look at how much those players cost and the money we generated from them it's good. Admittedly you can question how the money got spent, but still.

If the stupid owners hadn't held onto Kean for so long, maybe they wouldn't have been so unhappy?

We couldn't have kept Jones (ingrate after Kean discovered him!) but Samba and Zonz would probably no longer have been unable to see what we were trying to do here. As for Hoilett, he'd have stayed if we'd remained in the Premiership.

I know it's way past time to let go, but just imagine where we'd be with those 4 in the side.

As for the money,it's hardly been used to strengthen us has it? Getting 4M for N'Zonzi and paying 3M for Murphy makes no sense anyway.

A better manager could have meant that we got the best out of some of those and held on to them longer. I think Jones would have gone regardless though.

If the stupid owners hadn't held onto Kean for so long, maybe they wouldn't have been so unhappy?

We couldn't have kept Jones (ingrate after Kean discovered him!) but Samba and Zonz would probably no longer have been unable to see what we were trying to do here. As for Hoilett, he'd have stayed if we'd remained in the Premiership.

I know it's way past time to let go, but just imagine where we'd be with those 4 in the side.

As for the money,it's hardly been used to strengthen us has it? Getting 4M for N'Zonzi and paying 3M for Murphy makes no sense anyway.

I agree with a lot of what you say here but did we pay for Murphy? I can't imagine we paid £3m for a 36 year old.

Samba had been unhappy for quite some time and N'Zonzi had been dropped by Allardyce after winning our player of the year because he'd let it go to his head and wasn't putting the work in.

I thought we'd got Murphy on a free.

I was thinking about a potential team the other day.

---------------Robinson

Henley---Samba---P Jones---Givet

Hoilett---Vukcevic---Nzonzi---Olsson

-----------Rhodes---Yakubu

Just imagine.

Did we pay 3m for Murphy? I thought he was a free transfer? Best cost 3m and Etuhu was 1/1.5 I think but I'm pretty sure Murphy's contract had run out.

Samba had been unhappy for quite some time and N'Zonzi had been dropped by Allardyce after winning our player of the year because he'd let it go to his head and wasn't putting the work in.

I thought we'd got Murphy on a free.

Oh God, don't say that mate. People on here like to think that didn't actually happen and there was nothing wrong with their attitudes and commitment. You can only blame big Col on here for "bailing" on us and anything else was Keans fault.

But yes, like Givet, they were both dummy spitters who would refuse to play at times until they got pay rises.

Just to clarify, Kean was wiggitywiggitywiggity whack.

Archived