BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v Millwall 24th November, 2012

Nate

yes J*B you are correct. As i said in the podcast we almost have a luxury problem in attacking players now. on the left side we have marcus O, nunes and gamst pedersen. On the right side we can use Vuckevic or formica. in the hole we can use rochina Vuckevic formica and dunn.

King can play in all these postitions from what i have heard. I dont know what hennings plans are with him but if he is planning to use him as a starter i guess he will take formicas place. Which is bad cause formica has played very good lately.

i guess the most logical thing is that he uses two players for each position, to have backup when the games are tight and when injuries. so i guess olsson and nunes left wing rochina and simon in the hole and formica and king on right wing.

which leaves dunn and mgp out in the cold. i honestly dont think they will get much playing time. they need to step up their game, and dunn needs to be able to play more than 50 mins

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Kings signing doesn't mean Markus is dropped, but rather Formica is dropped? Puffsan said the moment we signed Berg he would try to install 2 fast wingers, and deploy 2 fast fullbacks as well. This has happened almost instantly, with Orr being loaned out and Henley brought in.

Surely the 4-4-1-1 formation (until Best is back, at least) now clearly has the Olsson brothers on the left side, and Henley + King operating down the right?

Which leaves one question which I've brought up so many times, who is going to play behind Rhodes? I said months ago we had an attacking midfield overload, we now have Rochina, Formica, Rosado, Simon and Dunn all seemingly competing for one position.

So what happens now? Surely we can't sustain paying 5 players for one position. Berg obviously likes Rochina, he's started him in most of his games so far. Formica is in good form now, Rosado is very highly rated by journalists on the continent, playing Simon is a firm way of Berg making sure everybody knows he isn't Kean, plus Simon has played well whenever brought on and is an international starter for his country.

Which leaves Dunn..?

Playing bingo with MGP

Will be tough tomorrow but going for a 2-1 Rovers' win.

As an aside, the worst bet tomorrow is not QPR at about 18/1 to win at Man U. Ridiculous odds for a football match. No win this season, Hughes just sacked, has all the hallmarks of an upset. Worth a cheeky fiver of anyone's money.

Will be tough tomorrow but going for a 2-1 Rovers' win.

As an aside, the worst bet tomorrow is not QPR at about 18/1 to win at Man U. Ridiculous odds for a football match. No win this season, Hughes just sacked, has all the hallmarks of an upset. Worth a cheeky fiver of anyone's money.

Sorry Mercerman but my advice would be to keep your wallet closed. United have lost their last two matches, always look to bounce back strongly after any defeat and in my opinion will have way too much for QPR at home.

Not sure what Hughes was playing at with his signings for QPR, as he recruited a lot of midfield and forward players but ended up with Nelsen and Ferdinand paired centrally at the back!

On topic, Rovers 2-1. COYB.

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Martin

King Etuhu Murphy Markus

Rochina Rhodes

If that team doesn't finish top two I give up at football. It's stronger than 90% of teams in this league in every department.

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Mn Olsson

Murphy Etuhu

Formica Rochina King

Rhodes

Subs: Kean, Vukcevic, Gomes, Hanley, Lowe, Pedersen, Nunes

Very surprised you dropped Formica, arguably our best player in the last 2 games.

For the record I wouldn't drop Formica, I just think Berg will once King has done a few weeks training.

I think it'll be the same team tomorrow ;).

Vukcevic can play left-wing. I'd swap him in for Marcus Olsson. We need more quality in the final third and all Marcus has going for him is pace. Vukcevic has the skills and he's no slouch either.

I'd be very surprised if Simon starts, though.

• Backroom

If Usain Bolt played football, him and Markus would be very similar.

And he would also cause championship defenders problems

Pace gets you a long way in this league

A huge test for our side tomorrow. Last match was very easy but early scoring helped us a lot. It wasn´t about chasing the first goal. I expect Henning to name unchanged starting line up but King will play atleast last 20 minutes. Just checked Rhodes´s stats. 11 goals in 14 games. For Scotland it´s 8 in 8. Isn´t that something!

Vukcevic is more of a central player, he likes to dictate the tempo, I would be tempted to play him instead of Rochina.

The problem with playing Formica, Rochina and Vukcevic is a lack of speed. And Formica at the moment deserves to play, I feel Berg has managed to incorporate him on the right whilst getting the best out of him, via the impressive Henley.

That means its Rochina or Vukcevic in the centre, and pace out left. That means playing Martin with Givet at left back, Markus(I wouldn't), Nunes who is a bit of a wild card or Josh King who is a striker.

Well Rovers has won me over from the Betfair Chase so I wil be on tomorrow, with a positive attitude.

Looked at the Millwall squad and it is a team of lower league journeyman who we should comfortably dispose of even though they have had a good run recently.

4-1 again.

Well Rovers has won me over from the Betfair Chase so I wil be on tomorrow, with a positive attitude.

Looked at the Millwall squad and it is a team of lower league journeyman who we should comfortably dispose of even though they have had a good run recently.

4-1 again.

I think they have a couple of good players.....Trotter is one of them and I can't recall who the other is.

But then P'boro had a good player in Boyd who didn't do much so there's no guarantee any of their players would cause us problems.

But 10 games without defeat suggests this will be no easy game....they even overtake us if they win tomorrow I think.

Archived