BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roberto Di Matteo

Wow, this is ridiculous imo. Okay, a few bad results here and there, but how do you constantly just pull the trigger like that, and expect stability. Even our Stevie was given time

If i was Pep or any highly respected manager, i wouldnt bother going to Chelsea, knowing that a few bad results and im gone.

Other than that Steve Kean for Chelsea lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im assuming that its just a case of a club not spending more than their income, which would include all expenditures which would include cost of paying the manager etc.

Im not sure i quite understand what Abromovich wants exactly, and surely he should by now understand that you just cant expect to win all the time.

He was only ever a stopgap imo

Yeah I think that was the issue. I don't think Abramovich wanted to keep Di Matteo full time but his hand was forced by the two cup wins last season.

Chelsea should have one of the best managers in Europe and I don't think Di Matteo is one of those, so I kind of understand it in a way.

Worst CL winners ever, though. The Russian has been spending millions for years in an effort to get fantasy football, then some caretaker comes along and wins the damned thing by sheer luck / parking the bus. Probably quite embarrassing for him, as I bet he would have preferred to get rid in the summer.

So Di Matteo delivers the holy grail to the Russian gangster and that's how he repays him?

They're what, four points off top spot? Absolute madness and I hope they implode.

What's funnier is that they'll probably go all out for Guardiola now. Not a wise move, imo.

Personally I think it will be a good move for Chelsea. RDM was never the preferred choice, only lasted this long due to the fortuitous cup wins and he can now move on with a big pay off and Chelsea can recruit either PG or JM.

Chelsea jokes doing the rounds.

1) "Fortunately for the press, the 'Chelsea sack manager' article template is saved on all their hard-drives. Just change the name." (@Texazzpete)

2) "Maybe Chelsea can make it like Have I Got News For You and have a different celebrity manager each week." (@MrNickClark)

3) "FIFA 13 Achievement Unlocked: Complete a season as Chelsea manager." (@RikkiClarke81)

4) "Chelsea hope to offer their next manager a long term four month contract." (@TVKev)

5) "I won't be applying to be the next Chelsea manager. I prefer the job security of my current role as a lion taming bomb disposal expert." (@Dudley1927)

6) "If a manager ever managed to win the European Cup at Spurs or Arsenal, he'd get a statue. At Chelsea he gets a carriage clock." (@spurs_ssp)

7) "Just heard Chelsea have sacked their manager. Poor John Terry. I hope he finds another job soon." (@HylandIan)

8) "In the future, everyone will be Chelsea manager for 15 minutes --- Andy Warhol." (@scaryduck)

Chelsea have spent 86 million pounds on sacking managers since Roman took over. That's more than Evertons entire running costs (including transfers) in the same period of time.

Read that again, that's how far behind other clubs are.

Chelsea have spent 86 million pounds on sacking managers since Roman took over. That's more than Evertons entire running costs (including transfers) in the same period of time.

Read that again, that's how far behind other clubs are.

except the 2 mancs

Don’t get this “they Chelsea deserve a big name manager” … It’s a results driven business, and RDM delivered what he Abromovich wanted. If they get Pep, and he doesn’t do well, do they keep him, just because of who he is? Of course not, and this imo further shows what a deluded owner he is.

Don’t get this “they Chelsea deserve a big name manager” … It’s a results driven business, and RDM delivered what he Abromovich wanted.

He did, but as M-K said they didn't play well. Some cup winners ride their luck all their way through, and for me Chelsea fit into this category. It's not a good measure of how successful a manager will be in the long term.

I heard a comment this weekend that Chelsea are in danger of becoming like Arsenal - they've lost their steel and they're a bit flimsy now. Technically great but a bit weak. Di Matteo had West Brom playing in a similar style too.

He did, but as M-K said they didn't play well. Some cup winners ride their luck all their way through, and for me Chelsea fit into this category. It's not a good measure of how successful a manager will be in the long term.

I heard a comment this weekend that Chelsea are in danger of becoming like Arsenal - they've lost their steel and they're a bit flimsy now. Technically great but a bit weak. Di Matteo had West Brom playing in a similar style too.

In cup games, you have to ride your luck because more often than not, its a once off game. You cant expect results, if you constantly change a manager, just because you have hit a bad patch. You have to take into consideration, that there are no easy games in the PL, and even teams like United and City have slipped up. City are sticking with Mancini(im not sure for how long), and they are trying to create a stable platform to build from.

Chelsea are stumbling in Europe, but apart from last year(winning it) and the Final loss to United, they have never really been a force or realistic contenders for the title. Every manager tried, and they failed to get what RA really wanted. Like people have said though,he was used by Chelsea, did well and forced RA hand to hold onto him. Chelsea didnt have to keep him in charge, if they wanted a top man back then, they should have gone an appointed one, instead of taking RDM for a ride. This is all just perfect timing to let the axe fall on him, even though they are not yet out of the Champions league, and what a few points off the top.

1 Champions League title per season is not enough, they need TWO Champions League titles.

I absolutely keaning love it that the Media are describing the sacking as a "ruthless decision by a man demanding success" , as if it's hard but fair and in accordance to the great standards of Chelsea, but we are apparently crazy when we started booing Kean after he led us to the lowest of lows that any football fan can possibly conceive of.

Kean these stupid pieces of trash, all of them.

Im assuming that its just a case of a club not spending more than their income, which would include all expenditures which would include cost of paying the manager etc.

Im not sure i quite understand what Abromovich wants exactly, and surely he should by now understand that you just cant expect to win all the time.

Good god -well lets just hope FFP doesn't filter down to the Championship or we would be knackered.!!!!!

1 Champions League title per season is not enough, they need TWO Champions League titles.

I absolutely keaning love it that the Media are describing the sacking as a "ruthless decision by a man demanding success" , as if it's hard but fair and in accordance to the great standards of Chelsea, but we are apparently crazy when we started booing Kean after he led us to the lowest of lows that any football fan can possibly conceive of.

Kean these stupid pieces of trash, all of them.

Never pay attention to the media. I stopped a long long time ago. It isn't worth getting upset over.

Yeah I think that was the issue. I don't think Abramovich wanted to keep Di Matteo full time but his hand was forced by the two cup wins last season.

Chelsea should have one of the best managers in Europe and I don't think Di Matteo is one of those, so I kind of understand it in a way.

Agree with this.

To be fair, if I was Abramovich and wanting the best for my club at any expense, I certainly wouldn't want Di Matteo as manager.

It was always going to happen it was just a case of when. I would have thought they'd have held off till march or so but they are about to become the 1st cup winners to go out at the group stages. Roman is ruthless, it's his right he owns the club and he can do what he wants. Yes it's unfair but when has football ever been fair. I'd be surprised if Guardiola comes now, if not I can see Abramovich appointing a short term man and trying to get him in the summer. At least we may finnally find out what type of manager Guardiola is now.

The problem with Guardiola is that he's inexperienced.

He played for Barca for years, then worked in a coaching capacity before being promoted to manager.

I'm sure he did a good job, but surely anyone (bar Kean, obviously) could have managed players like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to what they achieved?

I might be being harsh there, but could he work wonders with a mid-table side or inspire an underperforming team?

Chelsea want to go for experience if you ask me.

Benitez may well fit the bill...

The problem with Guardiola is that he's inexperienced.

He played for Barca for years, then worked in a coaching capacity before being promoted to manager.

I'm sure he did a good job, but surely anyone (bar Kean, obviously) could have managed players like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to what they achieved?

I might be being harsh there, but could he work wonders with a mid-table side or inspire an underperforming team?

Chelsea want to go for experience if you ask me.

Benitez may well fit the bill...

Benitez won't float Abramovichs boat, too negative especially in europe. Abramovich wants his cake and to eat it too. Pure footbal all the time with 4-5 nil victories, Rafa can't or won't do that, although I could see him as a stop gap, but would he be up for that???

Archived