BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roberto Di Matteo

Arsenal fans booing Wenger after the draw at Villa..chants of 'you dont know what your doing'!....

Just qualified for knock out stage of Champions league...

HAM SHANKERS.

Chelsea could be found playing infront of gates of 18,000 before the Russian money changed them..quite true.The Booing of Benitez was a disgrace.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't they chant that because with 5 mins to go, he took Giroud off for Coquelin?

I'm not defending them really, just that you can sort of see where they're coming from....but they booed a substitution of Arshavin on for Oxlade-Chamberlain last season as well which is a bit ridiculous.

Quite a few of them seem to be waking up to the fact that a top 4 finish and being financially well run isn't like winning a trophy after all.

chelsea fans rotten to the core, totally spoiled by a monkey-head owner, before abramovich came chelsea were a mid-table side with the odd fa cup final to their name

Completely untrue.

Can you qualify the completely bit

First sentence is spot on.....horrible fans......but Abramovich bought them when they were already in the Champions League and I think they might have challenged for the title at least once in the prem before during the Zola era.

Their history and the size of the club isn't near Liverpool or United's level but it's not like they came from nowhere at the time, like with us or Man City.

I think I read once their average attendance throughout history is the 4th or 5th highest or something like that....I don't particularly care much about attendances but they weren't a small team by any stretch of the imagination.

Can you qualify the completely bit

Abramovic bought the club after the 2002/03 season. In the previous seven years Chelsea finished 6th three times, 5th, 4th twice and 3rd. They also won the FA Cup twice, The League Cup, The European Cup Winners Cup, and the European Super Cup.

Or, as Roverandout put it, "a mid table team with the odd cup run to their name."

What a circus.

Worst CL winners ever, though. The Russian has been spending millions for years in an effort to get fantasy football, then some caretaker comes along and wins the damned thing by sheer luck / parking the bus. Probably quite embarrassing for him, as I bet he would have preferred to get rid in the summer.

They won it, 1st London club to take it.

And gee, they can't be the worst ones to ever win it if a Champions League or whatever it was called in the '70s when allegedly one final was won by bribing the officials. Not to stir up things, but I think Leeds were ripped off but maybe I am wrong.

Leeds finished 3rd in the league during the 1972-73 season, and lost two cup finals. Sunderland beat Leeds 1-0 in a shock result in the FA Cup Final, and Leeds were beaten 1-0 by A.C. Milan in the European Cup Winners Cup final. The latter game was dominated by dubious refereeing decisions; Norman Hunter was sent off, and Leeds had two clear cut penalty appeals turned down. It was later discovered that Greek referee Christos Michas had been bribed by AC Milan. Michas was subsequently banned from refereeing for life by UEFA; AC Milan were not penalised.

I didn't know it was proven that Michas was bribed but it looked that way, Brian Clough had some problems in the Champions League in a game versus Juventus back then as well where Clough felt that the officiating was a farce. Think that was when Clough managed Derby. And Clough didn't hold back in saying he thought so. There's been a bit of this kind of stuff in the Champions League and NOT just 35 years ago. I think something in that competition may have happened around 1999-2000 as well but not in the final game.

http://en.wikipedia....opean_Cup_Final

------------

I think DiMatteo should have stayed. In a lot of sport, if your manager wins the top prize, you keep him on. Chelsea weren't doing that bad. The Reds kept Rafa on about 5 years after they won that Champions League trophy.

But I don't dislike Rafa at the same time. What's the big deal about a few things he said years ago. Okay, I guess he did say something about Cole and Lampard might leave the club.

Chelsea's a bit of a disaster.

They have had some good teams, the 1970s club with Peter Osgood and their goalkeeper, the Cat, Italian, Peter Bonetti, think they won the FA Cup and I guess Zola did well with them. ( http://www.chelseafc...history-legends )

Chelsea should not have parted with Ray Wilkins if that was their former assistant's name and former player.

I'd be mad at the owner and not at Rafa. Only if Rafa talked bad about DiMatteo before they hired Benitez is something I'd find unacceptable.

Archived