BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Joshua King

Look4Me

dont care if he cant finish or rubbish at it. At 20, and with time on his side, he can work on that. all he has to do is take on the opposition, whip in some crosses, and we know who will be there to finish. With Best to return soon, King on the left, Ruben/Simon on the right, and Rhodes and Best up front, well we could be very strong 2nd half of the season.

So, what makes King a good winger? Is he a good (consistent) crosser of the ball?

It may sound a bit daft, but crossing ability is becoming less important for a winger. Full backs are more likely to supply crosses now whilst the wide players move around and try and pull holes in the defence. If you look at our two goals from crosses against Peterborough, both came from full backs.

You rarely see the likes of Silva, Nasri, Hazard, Mata, Bale, Podolski whipping in crosses. Even Hoilett rarely crossed the ball, he'd run at full backs cutting in from the left.

King's lightening pace and good dribbling ability could make him a very effective winger.

I have noticed that having pace in your side is very effective in the Championship (Crystal Palace are a good example).

United people that I know are saying that he is very quick, good work rate and has good movement but that is finishing and reading of the game are areas that he needs work on.

Looks like Berg rates him, so let's get him in and have a look, most likely will be used as a winger.

I have noticed that having pace in your side is very effective in the Championship (Crystal Palace are a good example).

United people that I know are saying that he is very quick, good work rate and has good movement but that is finishing and reading of the game are areas that he needs work on.

Zaha is a very good player to compare him to actually. I think he had the same strengths and weaknesses as King a few years back, but has added to his game with good coaching and match practise.

Again, plays on the wing but isn't a crosser of the ball.

You rarely see the likes of Silva, Nasri, Hazard, Mata, Bale, Podolski whipping in crosses. Even Hoilett rarely crossed the ball, he'd run at full backs cutting in from the left.

I get your point here with most of those Le Chuck but on Bale you are wrong. He's got a great mix; knows when to beat a man and cut in, or when to hit the byline and whip a cross in. He's a great crosser of the ball.

I get your point here with most of those Le Chuck but on Bale you are wrong. He's got a great mix; knows when to beat a man and cut in, or when to hit the byline and whip a cross in. He's a great crosser of the ball.

Bale maybe not the best example, but it's not very often you see him assisting with a cross. It's certainly a long way down the list of what makes him a great player.

I think King has the raw attributes to be a very effective wide player in the mould of Zaha, Scott Sinclair, Hoilett. I'm sure he'd be more effective than Marcus Olsson anyway!

Manchester United striker Josh King is having a medical ahead of a possible loan move to Blackburn, reports BBC Radio Lancashire.

I think King has the raw attributes to be a very effective wide player in the mould of Zaha, Scott Sinclair, Hoilett. I'm sure he'd be more effective than Marcus Olsson anyway!

Manchester United striker Josh King is having a medical ahead of a possible loan move to Blackburn, reports BBC Radio Lancashire.

Agreed! I just hope Martin doesn't kick up a stink if Marcus is knocked out of the side as he's looked his old self in the past 3 games.

It looks like berg is looking to address the flaw we have had for a long time lack of genuine pace. with the options we have in some games could have Henley and King one side with the Olssons on the other playing from the back with that pace could be quite a joy to watch.

Know absolutely nothing of the guy , never seen him play but from reading the views of those wo have , am i right in thinking he's more suited to the left wing then ? IMO we're pretty well covered in that area Ollson's ,Peds , Nunes , it's more the Right i feel we're lacking depth , Ok we got Formica who does a reasonable job , and Vuckevic and Rochina "could" play there but they're both left footer's and i think they're both suited better playing behind a front man ... for me we're lacking an "out-and-out" right winger

He's a decent crosser, but his main strength is his pace. One of the fastest players I've seen, and his strength and work rate is also very good for a 20 year old. I think he can come across as a bit arrogant at times, but not really in a bad way, and is not a very selfish player. He's got almost as many assists as played games for the reserves this season.

The norwegian national coach ( who by the way is not really famous for giving unproved youngsters the chance ) has also been speaking very highly of him and has compared him to a young John Carew (the Carew before he got old and lazy and actually was a very good footballer) in terms of pace and strength.

He is a bit raw, but I genuinely think he will be a top player. In a good Championship team like Blackburn with a manager that knows him I believe he can do very well.

If he is only a decent crosser, what is it that makes him so much better than Diouf? Diouf was very fast too, but it just didn't work for him even on the wing. Is he the type who can, like Le Chuck said, cut inside and cause problems splitting the defence, before playing a nice through ball, or cutting to the byline then drawing a pass back across goal? Encouraging that he has so many assists, but how does he tend to create them?

I'm not going to lie, I really don't like your lot, but I genuinely appreciate you coming on here to talk about the player.

If he is only a decent crosser, what is it that makes him so much better than Diouf? Diouf was very fast too, but it just didn't work for him even on the wing. Is he the type who can, like Le Chuck said, cut inside and cause problems splitting the defence, before playing a nice through ball, or cutting to the byline then drawing a pass back across goal? Encouraging that he has so many assists, but how does he tend to create them?

I think the biggest problem with using Diouf as a winger is that it's not really a natural position for him. He played out wide sometimes for Molde aswell, but not really in a typical winger role. King on the other hand started out as a striker, but has been used as a winger for such a long time now that he is more comfortable with that position. He also is better at taking on players than Diouf is/was which helps a lot. He's also said himself that it is one of his strengths. For the reserves he has been both cutting inside from the left and gotten down to the byline providing a pass or cross on the right. He isn't a Beckham type crosser, but instead is good at using his pace at the right moments.

By the way, I hope you're going up this season and that it works out with Berg. As a norwegian it's always fun to see the few norwegians in England succeed. Also, Blackburn belongs in the Premier League. :)

I think the biggest problem with using Diouf as a winger is that it's not really a natural position for him. He played out wide sometimes for Molde aswell, but not really in a typical winger role. King on the other hand started out as a striker, but has been used as a winger for such a long time now that he is more comfortable with that position. He also is better at taking on players than Diouf is/was which helps a lot. He's also said himself that it is one of his strengths. For the reserves he has been both cutting inside from the left and gotten down to the byline providing a pass or cross on the right. He isn't a Beckham type crosser, but instead is good at using his pace at the right moments.

By the way, I hope you're going up this season and that it works out with Berg. As a norwegian it's always fun to see the few norwegians in England succeed. Also, Blackburn belongs in the Premier League. :)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated..

Have to admit this signing is not getting me over exiting, have only watched him play as a sub in two international games so I know very little about him.

That being said I trust berg's judgement and the fact he is good at spotting talent and developing young players.

He know has a month to prove himself. Good luck king

Have to admit this signing is not getting me over exiting, have only watched him play as a sub in two international games so I know very little about him.

That being said I trust berg's judgement and the fact he is good at spotting talent and developing young players.

He know has a month to prove himself. Good luck king

Totally agree what a let down it was to watch this lad last night.

I hope this means the end of Kazim - Richards...

Good luck Mr King !

After the Bolton game CKR looks twice the player Josh King is.

Archived