BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

Well,I'm afraid the law of averages is about to call time on our 33 years of gloating over our 'friends' from the cobbled end of the M65.Had a bad feeling about this games for quite a while now and I really do believe it means more to their club and fans to finally get that win.I still dont have much confidence in our side to be brutally honest.

Que sera sera! :unsure:

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First competitive defeat to Burnley in almost 30 years.

It's nailed on with our kean squad

This

33 years, 7 months and 14 days since Blackburn last lost to Burnley in the League

must be instilled in our players

NOt so confident with this one, infact I am downright concerned. One thing on my side if we lose when I go to work the next day non of my colleagues will know the first thing about it so I won't have to put up with the aggravation like you. Only way I see us having a real shot is if the dingles get the deer in the headlights symptoms and freeze on the big stage. I hope Berg, having played in these, will explain to the players just what it means, the only ones on our playing staff experienced this derby is Morten and Dunny oh and of course Ollsen dived, who else?

Well I have to say, I'm bricking it ahead of this fixture. I'm locking myself in the house and switching off all forms of communication for a few months if we lose this.

Would anyone else take a draw just for the sake of our reputation and bragging rights?

One thing on my side if we lose when I go to work the next day non of my colleagues will know the first thing about it so I won't have to put up with the aggravation like you.

I'm also thankful I don't work with any Dingles, unlike my last job which was flooded with them.

Rovers should mention in the LET that there are still tickets available, and hopefully they will all be snapped up by weds, as many people will not have enquired just coz they assume they have no chance of being eligible or there being any left. It might sound embarrassing saying that we should have to advertise to ensure we sell out for the derby, but not as embarrassing as when the Munsters start chanting "You couldn't sell all your tickets"....

I'm confident that we'll shift all our tickets with the 'phase 4' sale.

Whilst the clubs are undeniably closer in terms of playing staff, gates, etc, than they have been for a generation, I'm also quietly confident that we will rise to the occasion on sunday, even we we don't win on wednesday night. Throughout the years, Rovers teams have traditionally produced something when it hasn't been particularly expected.

Does anyone know if the bar will be open for Rovers fans at the ground?

Have Burnley sold out?

Nope, I very much doubt we will. I doubt either side will for both the games. Not quite the frenzied excitement of 2000.

Dunno if it's just because we play more often, the results are so one-sided or the ludicrous restrictions around this game. I think mostly the latter.

Anyway, if the record ends on Sunday, I doubt anyone will be reminiscing about ticket sales years from now.

Archived