BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

we tend to struggle against Bolton, but im going to remain positive(not the Kean type of Positivity), because at some stage, we are going to get things right and go on a good run. We have not had that run yet, but whether it will be too late, we will have to see what happens in these 2 big games

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how to call this as Rovers unpredictable and Bolton unbeaten under wee Dougie.

Heart says Rovers but head says we might have to settle for a draw.

Just hope to see a performance that gives hope and optimism for rest of season.

The best warm/prep for the big game on Sunday.

All I ask for is improvement on Saturdays performance.

If your going to struggle from open play, make the set pieces pay. Our corners & free kicks virtually all went straight to Millwall's keeper. You can forgive the same mistake once, twice maybe three times - but up to 12 times shows lack of preparation/thought/ or inspiration. Plainly stupid!

This game will show if the whole team at Rovers - by that I mean players & manager & coaching staff are set for Sunday.

I keep picking out Hendry as a problem at Rovers. My opinion - he offers nothing. Can he at least live up to his own brave heart hype - inspire the defenders to keep clean sheets In these two derby games ( especially dingles )? I'm more hopeful than confident.

Come on you blues!!! Imagine the positive atmosphere if we get 6 points from these two games. IT WOULD SET UP THE SEASON.

Give it 100% both games the fans will back you - shirkers will not be tolerated.

I would chose a diferent starting 11:

Robinson

Henley, Hanley, Dann, Givet

Vukcevic, Etuhu, Lowe, Martin Olsson

Nuno Gomes and Rhodes

Murphy needs to rest, 3 natural defenders to help keep a clean sheet and 2 forwards up front. Rochina needs to rethink his game and be more consistent.

Expecting to see Vukcevic start now after saturdays result and preferably starting for no legs Murphy.

Also praying that Formica and Marcus Olsson dont play, as for the rest bring it on and lets see what happens.

Looks like theres very little interest in this game.

If Bolton continue with the luck they had at the weekend we've no chance. Bloody hell should have been a cricket score how they scabbed a draw out of that is beyond me, 2-1 to Bolton Andrews to score a screamer and spend much of the game pointing. Daggers start being sharpened for Berg. Simon again on the bench for 80 mins.

I would chose a diferent starting 11:

Robinson

Henley, Hanley, Dann, Givet

Vukcevic, Etuhu, Lowe, Martin Olsson

Nuno Gomes and Rhodes

Murphy needs to rest, 3 natural defenders to help keep a clean sheet and 2 forwards up front. Rochina needs to rethink his game and be more consistent.

Like it...Nuno needs more game time, has the brain to play rhodes in and has the experience to calm a high intensity game...a win tonight could kick start our season,,,id even take 4 points from the next 2 games! no losses is key!

Our corners & free kicks virtually all went straight to Millwall's keeper. You can forgive the same mistake once, twice maybe three times - but up to 12 times shows lack of preparation/thought/ or inspiration. Plainly stupid!

I've seen the little room at Brockhall where all the games (opposition and ours) are deconstructed and analysed. I'm guessing that Berg/Black watched their keeper make lots of errors in previous games from set pieces and thought that they could capitalise on it for our game.

You're right though - After the first couple of times it didn't work somebody in the dugout should've improvised and changed tactics.

This is the game I hate. W"nky wanderers!! To compound my inevitable misery, losing any bragging rights for ages in my locals, I'm going to Keswick with five of the knobs on Thursday for a long walking (and drinking) weekend. I know we will lose, its the way God works.

My only chance is to put my life savings on the team that plays on Horwich tip, and there may be a chance we'll get a draw!!

My entire Rovers supporting life has been chequered with all the things 70's football fans did, (you know if you were around), and there were very few Rovers fans in Bolton in those days that I could get sympathy from.

My worst day, when the bustards won promotion at Ewood, was it '79?

And that feckin song '7 years of hating Blackburn Rovers'. you know the tune!!

PLEASE GIVE US A WIN, OR A DRAW!!

I can understand your feelings towards Bolton, personally I see them just another Manchester club I couldn't give a monkeys about, they also have way too much of a strange obsession with us.

The big game for me is this weekend. That said we could really use a win, lose tonight and lose on Sunday and it's time to start worrying.

I've seen the little room at Brockhall where all the games (opposition and ours) are deconstructed and analysed. I'm guessing that Berg/Black watched their keeper make lots of errors in previous games from set pieces and thought that they could capitalise on it for our game.

You're right though - After the first couple of times it didn't work somebody in the dugout should've improvised and changed tactics.

Oh

Having somebody challenging the keeper may have been useful.

After reading their Wanderersways forum it's bizzare the kind of rivalry they think they have with us. We are the dingles/6 fingered scum/scruffy hillbillies, infact pretty much everything we've always chucked at Burnley. I know quite a few Bolton fans and a lot see us as their main rivals despite most Rovers fans they know not giving a stuff about them. I hate them in as much as they are just a Manchester overspill local rival with mouthy fans but really it's just another game in the mold of Wigan or Blackpool. Such a shame for them that no one gives a damn about them enough to be bitter enough to hate them as true rivals in the mold of Rovers/Burnley, PNE/Blackpool etc. Anyway they are bringing over 3k tonight which is impressive and suprising so they must smell victory. I hope we stuff em out of sight and send the gobshites back to Horwich with nowt. Let's just see what their crowds are like next season should they stay down !

Who can head the ball anyway ?

If they were under the impression the keeper was dodgy, mere presence could have sufficed.

After reading their Wanderersways forum it's bizzare the kind of rivalry they think they have with us. We are the dingles/6 fingered scum/scruffy hillbillies, infact pretty much everything we've always chucked at Burnley. I know quite a few Bolton fans and a lot see us as their main rivals despite most Rovers fans they know not giving a stuff about them. I hate them in as much as they are just a Manchester overspill local rival with mouthy fans but really it's just another game in the mold of Wigan or Blackpool. Such a shame for them that no one gives a damn about them enough to be bitter enough to hate them as true rivals in the mold of Rovers/Burnley, PNE/Blackpool etc. Anyway they are bringing over 3k tonight which is impressive and suprising so they must smell victory. I hope we stuff em out of sight and send the gobshites back to Horwich with nowt. Let's just see what their crowds are like next season should they stay down !

Personally they are my second most hated team and if that in recent years has been the biggest derby game for me by a long way (if we haven't played Burnley) but it's true that the passion gets nowhere near that of the Burnley game, so much so I'm reserving all the hatred for the weekend and this really has become just another game. The close proximity of the fixtures will have affected it too.

They want a rival there biggest is Wigan . Deluded mancs Pillocks

After reading their Wanderersways forum it's bizzare the kind of rivalry they think they have with us. We are the dingles/6 fingered scum/scruffy hillbillies, infact pretty much everything we've always chucked at Burnley. I know quite a few Bolton fans and a lot see us as their main rivals despite most Rovers fans they know not giving a stuff about them.

They've always had a stick up there backsides when it comes to us, simply because we're more successful than them IMO.

They're a team that languishes in no-mansland when it comes to local rivalry, we don't care about them, burnley don't, preston don't etc etc.

I was once told that boltons actual local rival was always Bury, then they changed that to Wigan, then to Man Utd, then to us, laughable really.

Anyway I'll go for a 2-0 to Rovers tonight, setup nicely for Sunday.

Unfortunately my brother-in-law (infact all the wife's family but he's the season ticket holder) is a Bolton fan.

He seems to hate us, and when I said we don't care about them he seems to think I'm lying.

Us and Utd are they one's they seem to hate. I really don't understand The Utd one at all. They're miles away in terms of being rivals on the field. I just think all fans look for a needle game, and we're obviously theirs due to local and that the tickets are always reasonably priced so they tend to sell a few tickets!

Archived