BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Crowd Atmospheres

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourites, San Lorenzo fans from Buenos Aries, Argentina. They really do take support to the next level. On my Bucket List would be one of the Buenos Aries derbies involving this lot!

Any others?

TBH if the weather and environment was that good in Blackburn I'd sing and dance like that every time i left the house.

Remember being impressed with Coleman and Young too. Great team that should have achieved more.

It's difficult to describe what the old Ewood was like with 42,000 on. I'll never forget it.

Surely you've been on Ewood with 52000 on Jim? I have-------twice!

Surely you've been on Ewood with 52000 on Jim? I have-------twice!

Just before my time. I was at the City game though, behind the goals at the Blackburn End. It was truly packed everywhere, apart from that little corner of terrace high up where the Darwen End joined the Riverside. For some reason nobody ever seemed to stand there.

Remember being impressed with Coleman and Young too. Great team that should have achieved more.

It's difficult to describe what the old Ewood was like with 42,000 on. I'll never forget it.

I agree, had it not been twice postponed though there would have been 52,000 on Ewood!

Jim Fryatt, the only player to score against City in the campaign to win the cup.

Last nights game had a tremendous atmosphere. . . all coming from Bolton fans.

Whoever came up with the phrase "An empty vessel makes most noise" had obviously never been to ewood Park when you play one of your main rivals and can't conjour up a few extra fans.

Whoever came up with the phrase "An empty vessel makes most noise" had obviously never been to ewood Park when you play one of your main rivals and can't conjour up a few extra fans.

Your not rivals though, your just a small team in Manchester

• Moderation Lead

Main rivals? We've one set of rivals and that's Burnley.

You made noise for a bit, fair dos.....

Your not rivals though, your just a small team in Manchester

It is why I said "One of your . . . "

I don't pretend, or care, that we are anywhere near Burnley in levels of rivalry. Let's face it, it's the two chances in a year you get to do a bit of a jamming session.

Similar to visiting the breezeblock on numerous occasions then. A souless place at the best of times. If there is one set of supporters who can't have a pop at anyone about crowds an atmosephere it's Bolton.

Mmm, let's talk about standards of supporters:

You wanted your manager out, you stayed away from the ground. Those who attended took their kean-stained bed sheets and daubed Keane Out slogans on them.

We wanted our manager out but opted to support the team. No Coyle out chants, just wait for the Chairman to do what's best.

Go on then. Discuss your way of supporting a team being boycott all home games,

• Moderation Lead

You wanted your manager out, you stayed away from the ground. Those who attended took their kean-stained bed sheets and daubed Keane Out slogans on them.

We wanted our manager out but opted to support the team. No Coyle out chants, just wait for the Chairman to do what's best.

Our owners were stay away idiots without a clue. Yours were decent, local and knew the club....

Lest we forget your own red carpet treatment of Gary Megson.

We were concerned about the direction of the club, so we voiced these concerns.

Fans of other clubs coming on here trolling- never gets old.... :rolleyes:

clearly ignoring the abuse noblot fans gave megson

Bolton fans are all very similar (well they are all related). They brought a lot of fans simply because it was so cheap. They are the worst at 'singing when they are winning' but you hear nothing when things are going t!ts up. Hence the lack of be11 ends posting on here. The abuse they gave Megson, Lee, Coyle was not publicised as much as our voicings towards Kean simply because Bolton are of no significance to anybody, other than themselves.

'We are the one and only Wanderers' their favourite song wishing to be seen as unique...Wolves, Wycombe?

Having lived amongst the great unknown for so long I do feel their desperation for some sort of recognition, and their jealousy of everything Uncle Jack did for us. Poor old Eddie Davies......£110m and still nowt to show for it.

Probably agree with VE Day against Newcastle.

Bizarrely sat in the middle of the Newcastle supporters, due to a friendly bobby outside the ground offering me and my mate free tickets (we lived locally, were young and used to watch the games in the gaps between the stands).

Quite difficult not to celebrate when Big Al smashed his header home right below us and the rest of Ewood went bezerk!

clearly ignoring the abuse noblot fans gave megson

Masters of the selective memory this lot are. Last time they brought a big following by the end of the game they were ready to lynch Megson having given him abuse throught the second half after they blew a 2 goal lead. The first half at 2 nil up they sang 'ginger Mourinho' talk about a swing around ! And another game about 3yrs ago played on a Sunday, not sure if it was on tv, they brought 1200. Didn't fill one half of Darwen end upper and did'nt squeak once !

Masters of the selective memory this lot are. Last time they brought a big following by the end of the game they were ready to lynch Megson having given him abuse throught the second half after they blew a 2 goal lead. The first half at 2 nil up they sang 'ginger Mourinho' talk about a swing around ! And another game about 3yrs ago played on a Sunday, not sure if it was on tv, they brought 1200. Didn't fill one half of Darwen end upper and did'nt squeak once !

If we're gonna get into that debate, for 3 straight seasons from 05-08 you filled half the lower tier at the Reebok which equates to around 1,500.

Ye but we are your big derby game.bolton are just another team to us.

It was funny watching the Bolton fans, the way in which they celebrated the goals and win. Like a cup final.

"You're big derby game" Not particularly, one of them maybe. I myself personally find atmospheres better when we play Blackpool or Burnley. Still, it's nice to beat you (again).

If we're gonna get into that debate, for 3 straight seasons from 05-08 you filled half the lower tier at the Reebok which equates to around 1,500.

Yes i remember well as 2 of those i was sat in the home stand upper tier to the right of the away end. Don't know what it's called these days. Anyway this was before the cheap tickets and you lot used to charge a bit more than us as this was the source of many a moan from our lot (again lol). We were allocated that then it was pay for the whole extra allocation if we took them whether they all sold or not, fact. And in some of this period two games at Ewood you brought a huddle of 900 in the middle of the Darwen end lower. The time when Diouf fell over his own foot and the nil nil when a few crackpots tried running through the Riversidle with a Bolton flag and got clobbered :) It's swings and roundabouts really, the wankies have brought more larger followings more regularly to Ewood but they've had some pathetic ones as well and just the same with us going there. The thing is we don't go round mouthing off about it, unless provoked like :)

Archived