Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group

mark1875

£2 or £3 million in pledges wouldn't get 20%, even if

A. The owners wanted to sell a minor share

B. All the pledges turned into hard cash

Neither in my opinion is likely.

Just remember,

Some lean back. But those who lean forward are poised to cross the finish-line, first.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ewood park is more or less empty on match days now. A boycott would go unnoticable. Also uncared about in Pune.

Since there has never been a total boycott, you can't provide that level of PROOF you're always demanding of everyone else can you?

Why are people on here so set on slating the Action Group at every opportunity,

I am a member of the Action Group, and believe me, i don't agree with everything they say.

However instead of Bellyaching about it on message boards, I e-mail the person, or catch them

in the pub, and discuss it, because even though i don't agree with something, doesn't mean it isn't right.

My concern at the moment, is why two of our best players (Givet & Simon) are not starting games, when it is obvious

to everyone that that they are a damn site better than most of our first team squad.

If it turns out he's not playing them for contractual reasons, then we are in the same position as we were before Doughnut left.

However i know Glen or Mark will bring this up at the next meeting with Shebby, and i will get an answer to my concerns.

What i really find hard to understand, is that before Shebby arrived, there was nothing coming out of the club, and most people

were not happy and frustrated, But now we have That communication some people are saying the Action Group should now step back. RUBBISH....If people think we're in a mess now, Imagine the state we would be in if Doughnut and co, had been left unchallenged...Yes it would be nice if all groups could work together, but while there is all this animosity on these boards forget it.

Here's a crazy thought: what's stopping Shebby lying about the Givet/Vukcevic situation like Kean did last year?

It was Jason Roberts who broke the 'contractual reasons' silence last year. Not Venky's or a 'global adviser'. Convenient how many people forget that.

What i really find hard to understand, is that before Shebby arrived, there was nothing coming out of the club, and most people

were not happy and frustrated, But now we have That communication some people are saying the Action Group should now step back. RUBBISH....

The point you're missing is the change was brought on by Shebby arriving, not the AG suddenly getting the club to talk.

Pre-Venky's communication was great, JW and TF always took the time to listen to fans, be that the individuals they'd invite in to see him when they complained or the fan groups (either individually or through things like the Fans Forum). You'd then also normally get an honest straight answer in person and if it was worthy, there would often be follow up in the LET and/or Radio Lancs.

Once Tom and John left, there was a void, seemingly nobody at the club had a clue what was going on and even less wanted to go on the record about it, even the FF became limited to the most procedural of topics as it was obvious the club were as much in the dark as the fans on a lot of subjects.

Then along rolls Shebby, somebody seemingly with good communication Pune, the power to change things and a real willingness to talk to the fans. The AG quite rightly jumped on the opportunity to make use of him to further their own plans and he's been a massive part of their transformation from protest group to legitimate community group.

Don't get me wrong, the AG has done some great stuff and work exceptionally hard to achieve what they do (even if I don't always agree with their approach, officiousness and tone sometimes) and I won't take that away from them. But the change in communication is down to Shebby's arrival. Had the AG not existed for that, the communication would still be happening, the old methods are still in place and the only thing that stopped them working wasn't on the fans side of the equation.

We are maintaining open minds and open dialogue with various people within the club. We continue as we always have we pre meet and discuss an agenda we stick to the agenda, we come away digest the information and issue minutes. it is easy for people to suggest we have been taken in by the club or representatives but that is not the case. As for re-assessing we monitor activities at the club daily, as most fans do and we constantly discuss as a committee how to best react to any developments.

We are maintaining open minds and open dialogue with various people within the club. We continue as we always have we pre meet and discuss and agenda we stick to the agenda, we come away digest the information and issue minutes. it is easy for people to suggest we have been taken in by the club or representatives but that is not the case. As for re-assessing we monitor activities at the club daily, as most fans do and we constantly discuss as a committee how to best react to any developments.

Glen?

• Backroom

I noticed a Facebook post saying Bruno Ribeiro is at the action group market stall today and you can sign up for half season tickets there

How long has the group been working with the club selling tickets? Was it In the last set of minutes and I missed it?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tom M" data-cid="1350710" data-time="1356010234"><p>

I noticed a Facebook post saying Bruno Ribeiro is at the action group market stall today and you can sign up for half season tickets there<br />

<br />

How long has the group been working with the club selling tickets? Was it In the last set of minutes and I missed it?</p></blockquote>

I always said Mullan was after a job. Nearly there. Official rovers ticket outlet??

I noticed a Facebook post saying Bruno Ribeiro is at the action group market stall today and you can sign up for half season tickets there

How long has the group been working with the club selling tickets? Was it In the last set of minutes and I missed it?

Tom, we have not been selling tickets for the club, most certainly not. We have had the market stall this week and Bruno came down to meet the supporters and take part in signing sessions, the club had provided leaflets marketing team-rovers, half season tickets and ground tours for this afternoon.

However leaflets are all that was on offer.

Tom, we have not been selling tickets for the club, most certainly not. We have had the market stall this week and Bruno came down to meet the supporters and take part in signing sessions, the club had provided leaflets marketing team-rovers, half season tickets and ground tours for this afternoon.

However leaflets are all that was on offer.

I read it as selling half season tickets as well. The words "Come and sign up for a half season ticket today at Blackburn Rovers" certainly seemed that for me.

Thanks for clearing that up

I read it as selling half season tickets as well. The words "Come and sign up for a half season ticket today at Blackburn Rovers" certainly seemed that for me.

Unfortunately it was indeed worded rather badly by Paul, something he explained in private to me today and i'm sure he will do on here when he's next on.

• Backroom

Any progress on a group sponsor mark? Surely you can't continue to fund out of your own pocket indefinitely?

People may Agree or disagree with the direction of the group that much is surely admirable to all but probably unsustainable for the long term

Yeah sorry guys this one was my mistake, badly worded, I'l hold my hand up when I kean up, and I did here.

Archived