SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Name your team and formation

----------------------------ROBINSON--------------------------

HENLEY---------DANN----------------HANLEY----------GIVET

------------------------LOWE--------------PEDERSEN----------

VUCKEVIC---------------------ROCHINA------------------OLLSON

------------------------------------RHODES-------------------------------

For the simple fact Murphy and Etuhu have been nothing more that woeful, I would bring in Lowe and Peds, who both deserve a chance, are both true blues and can do a solid job in this division. Pedersen also useful with his free kick deliveries. Ollson needs to in midfield, therefore that allows us to birng in our best defender in Givet. One up front I know we dont like it, but in this game, we will be under a fair bit of pressure and need to fight in the middle, therefore a 5 man midfield is needed and with the 3 pushing midfielders, we have pace and quality in abundance.

With the possible exception of Lowe there are no fighters in that midfield. I could pick another five and we still wouldn't have a real fighter like Hughes, Flitcroft, Batty, Knighton etc. Formica - Dunn- Murphy- Etuhu - Nunes. That's our problem all chiefs - no indians.

With the possible exception of Lowe there are no fighters in that midfield. I could pick another five and we still wouldn't have a real fighter like Hughes, Flitcroft, Batty, Knighton etc. Formica - Dunn- Murphy- Etuhu - Nunes. That's our problem all chiefs - no indians.

That goes without saying, but Lowe and Pedersen will put in a lot more desire and effort into the game than Murphy and Etuhu will for the rest of their careers.

I won't give him stick for picking a diferent line up from what I would chose.

But if, after terrible performances, he keeps using the same players and we lose again, I won't be happy with him.

I believe that, apart from Rhodes, we have no obvious starters. So, if you don't change the starting line up when you have so many games in a row, it is either stupidity or just a bad manager.

The depth of a squad can be crucial in the Championship.

OK. Here goes for the Dingles game only:-

Robinson

Dann© Hanley Givet

Henley Lowe Mn Olsson

Vukcevic Formica

Rhodes CKR

Subs:- Kean, Rochina, King, Pedersen, Murphy, Gomes, Nunes

It's a big ask to change systems for such an important game. Having said that I was always taught to make the system fit the abilities of the players you've got, not make the players fit a pre- ordained system. That team you've chosen does do that. Wether I'd be brave enough to try it these circumstances I'm not sure. One thing though, we must play those two up front, we'll need to score to get anything out of this one

Archived