BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A question for Mullan and his group next time you meet shebby Singh

ada2020

The first half wasn't embarrassing at all. It was more frustrating because we had a couple of players who weren't doing their jobs but the defending was excellent. It was a real backs to the wall effort and the defence, particularly Dann and Hanley deserve great credit for some of their defending.

By the way did you go or are you basing your opinion on what you have read?

Never like seeing rovers backs to the wall against the dingles. Yes defence did what they had to do. But going forward in the first half was not good.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Yes, but there's a difference between targeting promotion and being told by your bosses you HAVE to win promotion.

If Berg has been told this he is already under huge pressure and looking about as safe as Rafa at the end of the season.

If Berg felt the job was impossible he didn't have to accept it. He's clearly taken on the job with the understanding that promotion this season is the only target. Therefore any pressure is self-inflicted and the fans have every right to judge him based upon the target he has accepted.

Rovers fans are unpopular for a reason - people think we have unrealistic expectations of our club and that we are a bunch of thugs that shout and chant whenever we don't get our way.

If Berg felt the job was impossible he didn't have to accept it. He's clearly taken on the job with the understanding that promotion this season is the only target. Therefore any pressure is self-inflicted and the fans have every right to judge him based upon the target he has accepted.

You sound like you can't wait to start with "BERG OUT". This is a difficult division to get out of and not many teams manage it at the first attempt, even St. Holloway. I think Berg should be given a fair crack of the whip, he wasn't my first choice either but he is here now and we won't get anybody better at this stage. It'd be nice to back our manager instead of the Kean circus starting up all over again.

• Backroom

Rovers fans are unpopular for a reason - people think we have unrealistic expectations of our club and that we are a bunch of thugs that shout and chant whenever we don't get our way.

You sound like you can't wait to start with "BERG OUT". This is a difficult division to get out of and not many teams manage it at the first attempt, even St. Holloway. I think Berg should be given a fair crack of the whip, he wasn't my first choice either but he is here now and we won't get anybody better at this stage. It'd be nice to back our manager instead of the Kean circus starting up all over again.

Stop worrying about what others think about us. Who cares?

Read some of my past posts and you'll see your assumption is wrong. I'll back Berg whilst he's here, but that doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on his progress.

Your comment regarding teams struggling to get out of the division is accurate but you're missing the point, and so are many others.

BERG IS VERY UNLIKELY GET A SECOND SEASON IF WE DON'T GO UP THIS SEASON.

So any discussion about Berg building for next season is probably irrelevant.

It bugs me when we get stick on the media and I think it bugs most people - there is a thread with two pages devoted to slagging off Robbie Savage after his recent comments even though he was very popular here.

That said, you are right, it doesn't matter what other people think. And I accept that you are not calling for Berg's head.

However I don't understand what anybody achieves by trying to put pressure on Berg. He is in a difficult position, taking over a club that has been brought to its knees. We need to support and cheer our team. Build the confidence and intimidate the opposition.

You are probably right, Berg will be in a tight spot if we don't achieve promotion this season. Personally I think that if he makes progress and stabilises the team, gets us playing decent football, and gets us to a top ten finish then we should be satisfied. Not many managers could have achieved more (well not many that we could attract at the minute) and if the financial situation is so dire that the owners decide to sack Berg we should turn our ire on them.

Everyone that isn't a Rovers fan? The media and fans of other clubs for starters.

Why do you care? if the kean saga taught us one thing, its that hardly anyone outside of the local area gives a toss about Blackburn Rovers and its fans.

keans to them

I live in Peterborough and work between there and Cambridge / London.

When I tell colleagues and other people who I support the usual response is laughter.

We are not hated outside of Lancashire.

You do get the odd person saying we treated Kean badly but that's only because they've heard that on Sky.

I soon set them straight :-)

But we didn't leave with 3 points and that's all that counts.

Berg is not being made a scapegoat by fans and, should results not improve, I think the focus of the fans anger will very much be directed at Venky's (and Singh) this time.

Berg must be allowed to make changes in January but other new managers have made better starts with poorer squads.

There would be less anxiety if we had chosen a manager with a track record (even with a poor start) for obvious reasons.

Personally I would settle for tangible signs of improvement between now and the end of the season but if, as reported, Berg has been told he must achieve promotion by the powers that be, he's already on a sticky wicket.

Considering what we have had to endure for which Venkys as owners are ultimately entirely responsible the lack of public slagging of them is been pretty surprising.All the flak has been directed at the most visible UK based people.These charlatan owners have had it easy considering what they have done and continue to do.They are murdering us slowly but surely.

Stop worrying about what others think about us. Who cares?

Read some of my past posts and you'll see your assumption is wrong. I'll back Berg whilst he's here, but that doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on his progress.

Your comment regarding teams struggling to get out of the division is accurate but you're missing the point, and so are many others.

BERG IS VERY UNLIKELY GET A SECOND SEASON IF WE DON'T GO UP THIS SEASON.

So any discussion about Berg building for next season is probably irrelevant.

Based on what facts ? He has a contract into next year. He needs a summer window and a pre season and more . Even fergie would need that.

Even when we don't win another game in 2012?? (Barnsley away is our best chance as long as they don't outplay us again as lucky wins against the run of play have dried up)

Like the ones we had with your aforementioned turdbreath Kean.

There's a thread on here slagging Robbie Savage off! As someone said who gives a flying toss what any other fans or the media think?

I have pals who are supporters of Burnley, Man Utd, Everton, Leeds, Bolton - what they most dislike us for is coming from nowhere with the Walker money and ruling the roost for a bit

I fully understand and sympathise -I'd resent it if Burnley or PNE found a mega rich sugar daddy and walked tall

But it didnt make me enjoy our success any less, in fact I probably enjoyed it more because it peed so many people off

But as my Clarets fans say, we were the club who made owners as important as they are now, don't expect sympathy now you got crap ones

I don't

Of course, they all forget that we held our own for a decade wit out Jacks millions and would likely have continued to do so until these absolute idiots came in and turned it all upside down. None of those other teams can say they have not bought success, leave out dingles, notlob and Nobenders of course. Leeds got where they are by trying to buy success. It is not JUST about money. See Liverpool FC

• Backroom

Based on what facts ? He has a contract into next year. He needs a summer window and a pre season and more . Even fergie would need that.

No facts, that's why I've said 'probably', but everything indicates we have to go up this season and Berg seems to have sold himself to Shebby on the basis we will go up this season. When you look at the target they set Kean and how he was 'forced to resign' after not reaching the target despite us being 2nd at the time, I think it's quite likely Berg will be potted if he fails to reach the set target. God knows who we'll appoint after that.

Like the ones we had with your aforementioned turdbreath Kean.

Why's he 'my Kean'? I hated his guts so don't be a plum. However, hate him or despise him, it is an unescapable fact that he had a beter record with this squad this season than Berg.

It seems that the poster, who said anyone who dares to mention that Berg may not be up to the task is being flamed, was right.

After decades of Rovers following I stopped going this season because of Kean and the crap the team wa serving up. As the weeks went by the need to go to Rovers diminished but when kean went I was back and I've seen every home game since, though I miss the next 3 home games through prior plans.

Sadly the feeling that 'I must' go every week has still not returned, because nothing has changed on the playing front. I have no confidence that the club will be in a more rosey league position on my return in mid-january

The wins numb nuts got at the start of the season were very lucky wins and could easily have been hefty defeats. Have people forgot his record last year? I have not and never will . If berg isn't given time and is fired then all hope with the pluckers is gone ( not that I have any )

Why's he 'my Kean'? I hated his guts so don't be a plum. However, hate him or despise him, it is an unescapable fact that he had a beter record with this squad this season than Berg.

Judge Berg when he can field his own team and not Keans.

Also the current squad are not fit enough to play the way Berg wants.

Seriously, this fitness issue, how unfit can these athletes actually be?

The coaching staff need to pull thier fingers out if the players fitness is stil a concern.

5 weeks ought to be enough time to lay the fitness ghost to rest.

Archived