BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

There isn't a match preview for this and with the match in 2 days time, I thought I'd start the thread.

5 slightly interesting facts:

1.Its the first meeting since the two sides played last season in the Carling Cup quarter final - a 2-0 win for Cardiff which was infamously dubbed to have been 'forfeited' by the then over-promoted youth coach and part time groundsman Steve Kean.

2.This is the first league meeting between the two sides since the 1984/1985 season in which Rovers triumphed 2- 1 in both home and away fixtures.

3.The Malaysian owners of Cardiff City recently, and controversially, changed their home kit to red from the traditional blue in a bid to be more marketable to East Asia countries.

4. Players to have played for both Cardiff and Rovers include Craig Bellamy, Gary Croft, Jay Bothroyd, Peter Enckelman, Robbie Fowler and Alan Mahon.

5. Cardiff City's nick name is the Bluebirds and despite changing the club's colours and badge to a prominent red dragon, there is still a bluebird at the bottom of the crest.

Score prediction - A surprising 2-1 home win.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Technically not a must win, not even close yet but practically we really really really need to pick up a win in this not just due to the Fact that eventually we need to catch them but we desperately need some momentum going into the Christmas fixtures and to give the fans a bit of a lift again

A draw will be a good result here. Cardiff are an excellent team at this level.

They've been knocking on the promotion door for a few years now and have many players that would walk into our team at the moment.

They've got a good mix of experience and youth, plus lots of players who know what this division is about. I think they'll definitely go up this year.

heart says 1-0 Rovers head says 1-2 Cardiff @ a morgue atmosphere Ewood with a crowd of around 12,800 with a thousand or so from Wales......need a win to give us a lift before a tricky away derby at the seaside

is it on the telly please?

never mind Sky get down to Ewood

It IS a must win game now.

I would love to see a Rovers win to ram it down the throat of Steve KEANSCUM however I think Cardiff will come to stifle and play on the break.

Could be close, too close to call.

Not sure whether I will get back to see this game on tv as I am in mankchester all day on a pre arranged do.

Hard to know what to expect from Rovers at the minute.

We certainly have the players to win the match, particularly being at home, but if the recent performances are anything to go by, we could quite easily lose it.

I don't think Berg can afford a third straight home defeat, so either a score draw or a scraped win.

I'll go 2-1 Rovers with Rhodes and Olsson scoring.

They're a very good team but much, much better at home.

They've won all 10 of their home games, conceding 5 goals...but have won 3 of their 10 away games, conceding 20.

They've lost the joint most away matches in the top half and Burnley and Ipswich are the only sides to concede more goals away from home than them.

It will still be a hard game obviously but we shouldn't fear them.

Surprisingly, Bellamy isn't actually as good for them as he was for Man City and certainly not like he was for us.

Whittingham and Gunnarsson are probably their main players and one of their centre backs is decent as well....Hudson or something like that.

Surprisingly, Bellamy isn't actually as good for them as he was for Man City and certainly not like he was for us.

Whittingham and Gunnarsson are probably their main players and one of their centre backs is decent as well....Hudson or something like that.

Bellamy would still walk into our team though.

I think in a combined team, only Givet, Olsson and Rhodes would get into their team. I know that looks a bit ridiculous when Givet sits on our bench...

I'd give anything to swap Hudson, Whittingham, Noone and Bellamy for 4 of ours.

I was not confident against Bolton, predicted we would not lose against Burnley although many thought otherwise and expect and hope us to win this game by the odd goal. Our club will take great heart from last weeks match and we will start this game with renewed vigour, heart and confidence.

Rovers to win 2-1 in a much improved display.

I don't know why but I have a feeling we will win this one 2-0 Rhodes and King

I think it will start like this

Robinson

Henley - Dann - Hanley - Martin Olsson

Formica - Murphy - Lowe - King

CKR - Rhodes

Not the team I'd chose but the one I think will be used. It would be important for Martin Olsson and King to form a good partnership on the wing.

Bellamy would still walk into our team though.

I think in a combined team, only Givet, Olsson and Rhodes would get into their team. I know that looks a bit ridiculous when Givet sits on our bench...

I'd give anything to swap Hudson, Whittingham, Noone and Bellamy for 4 of ours.

I was just highlighting their best players....I wasn't saying they were their only good players.

Yea the winger Noone is pretty good as well....and I was hoping we would sign Helguson from QPR but he went to them.

I'm quite optimistic though....and my ex-housemate was a Cardiff fan so I'm not up for losing to them again.

I'm not very optimistic about this game . Cardiff seem to be flying whilst we are definitely not.

I think they'll beat us but of course desperately hope I'm proved wrong .

I can't go to this game due to it being rearranged so knowing my luck it'll be a cracker :)

Must win game IMO, will give us a boost into Xmas period, and quite frankly, Posh apart, we have been awful - I know Berg has inherited the team, but so do other new managers, and still no Berg effect. He has to get the best out of what we have, otherwise why take on the job and echo SS that promotion is a must. Pressure on I think.

After two home defeats on the trot, the natives need a win, never mind thoughts of the league table or promotion.

If we get a hammering, promotion will be as likely as the air temperature being 15 degrees when the game finishes.

Yes, I see this as a game which may define the rest of the season.

For all sorts of reasons, I think this is a must win game.

Lose and our club may find itself in even more turmoil.

Difficult to call as I find most Rovers' games these days.

Bellamy might just be in the mood to give us a torrid time, especially as live on Sky and on that note, someone told me today that Kean is the Sky 'pundit' - I really do hope that's a wind-up !

Clearly, first goal will be critical.

Got a feeling that we will be relieved with a draw in the end, say 1-1.

Archived