BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What worries me is that we have no creativity in that side. The Olssons can create chances through speed, but neither Lowe, Etuhu, King, Henley or Rhodes are very creative player. Only one with the potential to pick out a pass and create is Formica, and he's not really doing that very consistently, and isn't really suited to the right wing.

So I just don't see where our goals would come from; a lucky breakaway maybe? I would say a set piece, but none of Murphy, Pedersen, Vukcevic or Rochina are playing so who can deliver it??

I've counted, over and over again, Etuhu jumping for headers with two or three of our own players. It's embarrassingly amateur.

I noticed that and watch his movement off the ball it's non existant and he's not on his own, players have no-one to pass to because of players just running away from the ball heads down.

We look clueless.

First time I've seen Rovers since P'boro.

Where is Murphy? He's not the best, but at least he can pick a pass. Also why is King not playing on the wing? Clearly he's just a speed merchant.

I'd put King on the right and bring on someone like Vukcevic to get on the ball in midfield and make things happen.

Cardiff are a perfect example of what we should be aiming for. They've got players who know how to play in this division, players who are really hungry to get to that Premier League and show what they can do. Teams like Norwich, Southampton, Swansea, Blackpool etc. weren't full of past it PL players, they were the same.

In January we need to sign hungry, talented players from the Championship or League One to supplement our ex-PL players who don't have the same determination to get out of the league.

What worries me is that we have no creativity in that side. The Olssons can create chances through speed, but neither Lowe, Etuhu, King, Henley or Rhodes are very creative player. Only one with the potential to pick out a pass and create is Formica, and he's not really doing that very consistently, and isn't really suited to the right wing.

So I just don't see where our goals would come from; a lucky breakaway maybe? I would say a set piece, but none of Murphy, Pedersen, Vukcevic or Rochina are playing so who can deliver it??

The other Olsen twin is crap. Not sure why he's in the side each week.

Lucky to be only one goal down at half time... We need to calm things down, get the ball on the ground and string some passes together, let Cardiff do the running instead of us. Formica HAS to move into central midfield in the second half, he's our only player so far with any sort of calm when on the ball. It's also sad to see King looking like the Norwegian answer to Rochina, bags of natural tanelt but very little football intelligence.

Another poor game.

Midfield is a joke.

1. Etuhu and Lowe should never be starters
  2. Formica is been played out of position again, he doesn't have speed to be a right winger
  3. Marcus Olsson??!?!?
  4. Joshua King. As the guts but not the brains (for now at least)

Terrible stuff. If we were commenting on each players performance it would be one from a list including crap, not as crap as others and anonomous. We have arguably the best striker in the division, but we don't give him any service and leave him isolated against two bruising centre backs. My faith in Berg is slowly eroding.

I'd put King on the right and bring on someone like Vukcevic to get on the ball in midfield and make things happen.

Cardiff are a perfect example of what we should be aiming for. They've got players who know how to play in this division, players who are really hungry to get to that Premier League and show what they can do. Teams like Norwich, Southampton, Swansea, Blackpool etc. weren't full of past it PL players, they were the same.

In January we need to sign hungry, talented players from the Championship or League One to supplement our ex-PL players who don't have the same determination to get out of the league.

I don't understand why Formica is never given a go 'in the hole'. He has the footwork and vision for it.

Archived