BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New midfielder in January ?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We effectively don't have a scouting team anymore, shebby got rid of it. If you ask me I'd say shebby is just as bad as our old friend JA for transfers....

I thought he was the scouting network did he not organise the signings of Nuno Henrique and some of the Portuguese contingent I think Palacious on loan is a good shout because if he does not work out we have not lost much and seems the aggressive type savage ctr midfielder we need another one worth considering in the same type of mould reminded me a bit like the Axe but much more controlled is Jean Makoun was at Villa on loan a couple of seasons back when Houillier was there a real beast in the centre of midfield where he is now I don't know but if we could get him on loan could be a good signing for this level and maybe beyond and maybe another WHU player worth looking at is the centre Half George John linked before with him is 6ft plus could be good as a loan option possibly.

Got ability but from what I have heard, lots of disciplinary/attitude problems and thinks he's better than Messi!!

And there in lies the biggest issue within British football today, we create egotistical monsters who lack perception and understanding of themselves and what is required.

No new Youth modules or St Georges will change it.

• Backroom

Got ability but from what I have heard, lots of disciplinary/attitude problems and thinks he's better than Messi!!

Was talking to him last year and he's a nice lad but his physique worries me he really is slight

I don't think we can afford to promote a youth player for central midfield. Problem is that we cannot afford another Murphy or Etuhu either. And I guess that is where the real issue lies when looking at new midfield players. We really need someone who is a guaranteed success. And we all know that there are no such things... If we have any scouting department in the club they have a major task ahead of them.

If we could get Palacios or Gutherie that would be fantastic. Both plarers would provide that bit of mongrel we are seriously lacking in midfield. In regards to Aussie Defensive midfielders we are going through a bit of a 'changing of the guard' and we don't currently have a player of the calibre required to make the impact we so desperately need. I though Eric Partalu who plays for my home side Brisbane Roar would push on to better things but this season he has been lacklustre at times. He's got a massive frame and has the potential to be quite imposing but for some reason is not on his game at the moment. Mile Jedinak who is at crystal palace is not a bad player but he is quite happy there and i don't think he would want to leave. Another player is Mark Miligan who plays for the Melbourne Victory has played quite well but he has tried to make it in Europe and has not really cut the mustard.

reading into what shabby said on the Q+A we will be sign FA sweet FA

Yep. With the cheapest season tickets of any club from here to Ulan Bator and with barely 9k home fans prepared to turn up and stomache the dross at Ewood, the financial black hole we now have will be swallowing any parachute payments/tv monies like no tomorrow.

In short, we're ****** (rhymes with plucked)

I'm surprised(well maybe not surprised considering...) Tim Payne's not been given a chance in midfield or even a place on the bench, he's done very well for the youth teams, reserves and even New Zealand's Olympic Squad but doesn't get a look in and yet these almost completely unknown young Portuguese players go straight into the 1st team.

If we could get Palacios or Gutherie that would be fantastic. Both plarers would provide that bit of mongrel we are seriously lacking in midfield. In regards to Aussie Defensive midfielders we are going through a bit of a 'changing of the guard' and we don't currently have a player of the calibre required to make the impact we so desperately need. I though Eric Partalu who plays for my home side Brisbane Roar would push on to better things but this season he has been lacklustre at times. He's got a massive frame and has the potential to be quite imposing but for some reason is not on his game at the moment. Mile Jedinak who is at crystal palace is not a bad player but he is quite happy there and i don't think he would want to leave. Another player is Mark Miligan who plays for the Melbourne Victory has played quite well but he has tried to make it in Europe and has not really cut the mustard.

Err, no. Got our fingers burnt with Grella. Thanks very much.

Archived