BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

Sorry for the late match preview but after Friday night’s shambles I couldn’t be arsed with owt Rovers related (and still cant to be honest so this will be short and sweet!).

Anyway I thought I best get on it but now I’m grumpy again…..last time we played at Blackpool a little over two years ago this was our team:

Robinson, Nelsen, Samba, Salgado, Jones, Givet, Pedersen, Nzonzi (Andrews), Diouf, Kalinic (Benjani), Biram Diouf (Emerton)

5025960386_e1c2210398.jpg

And now our latest team is this:

Robinson, Henley, Dann, Olsson, Hanley , Etuhu (Rochina), Olsson (Kazim-Richards), Formica (Nunes), Lowe , Rhodes, King.

Ergh, no wonder we’re doing crap! Two years and this is what the Venkys have done to us :angry:

Anyway, unlike some I actually quite like Blackpool, both the team and the place. I wouldn’t say they’re my second team but I look for their results and am glad when they win as compared to the other Lancashire clubs.

Blackpool are celebrating their 125th anniversary this year and we have met each other 48 times. Blackpool have the share of the victories but we’ve only played them twice in the recent past other than in pre-season friendlies. They’ve been at Bloomfield Road since 1901 and it finally resembles a football stadium.

I’ve no idea what to expect on Saturday, other than it be freezing!! But hopefully not this cold or wet:

blackpool21106_wideweb__470x325,0.jpg

Bit rainy!

blackpool-frozen-pitch-300x228.jpg

Jimmy Arnfield and A Waiters ice skating on Bloomfield Road.

Anyway I hope the result is a repeat of this from 1960 but I doubt it!

Blackpool 0 - 3 Rovers

I love the ladies at the end of this clip, made me chuckle.

Errr, try to enjoy it! and if not, get drunk!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm irrationally optimistic about this one. No doubt we'll get battered now I've said that, but I think their natural attacking instincts will play into our hands.

No doubt Ince jr will strike a bit of revenge for his Dad, but I can still see us winning 1-3

To win this game we should start:

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Givet, Martin Olsson

Vukcevic, Lowe, Murphy,

Kazim and King or Rochina

Rhodes

Henley and Olsson are fast players so operating on the flanks and get Kazim and King or Rochina jus behind and support Rhodes.

Vukcevic, Lowe and Murphy doing the midfeld work.

Ï watched our statistics and its when Hanley plays we lose a lot of games and let in alot of goals. We are much steadier with Givet in the team. When Black was caretaker he played Orr, Dann, Givet, Olsson. Time to bench Hanley.

Instead of Orr we can have Lowe or Henley at right back. Both have pace.

To win this game we should start:

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Givet, Martin Olsson

Vukcevic, Lowe, Murphy,

Kazim and King or Rochina

Rhodes

Henley and Olsson are fast players so operating on the flanks and get Kazim and King or Rochina jus behind and support Rhodes.

Vukcevic, Lowe and Murphy doing the midfeld work.

Ï watched our statistics and its when Hanley plays we lose a lot of games and let in alot of goals. We are much steadier with Givet in the team. When Black was caretaker he played Orr, Dann, Givet, Olsson. Time to bench Hanley.

Instead of Orr we can have Lowe or Henley at right back. Both have pace.

That's basically what i'd do. Would have same back four. I'd also put up ckr to support Rhodes as cant have him isolated yet again.

It's midfield we have a huge problem in a perfect world I'd not want to play Formica, rochina, vukevic, etuhu, murphy, pedersen, Lowe as to a man don't think are good enough. But as it would be suicide to start with 7 players I'd reluctantly pick:

Vukevic (not impressed with him effectively giving goals away vs Huddersfield and dingles but with being an international prepared to give him one last chance. Also wouldn't play any of him rochina Formica in same team at same time)

Murphy (needs must)

Lowe (still don't know what type of player he is doesn't drive forward, break up play, spray balls around, not super fit but is steady enough in a general sense)

King (pace. Awful vs Bolton but did well vs dingles)

Its the midfield that will lose it for us I think 3-1 donkey lashers Rhodes with half a chance consolation.

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Givet, Olsson

King, Murphy, Lowe, Nunes

Rhodes, Kazim

Back to basics football of 442. 2 fast winger to service the front 2. Kazim the target man to hold it up and slip Rhodes through. exciting 1-1 draw

Put King on the other side and Vukcevic on the right and I'd totally agree. We have to start with CKR and King, they were our two best players against Cardiff.

With Rovers currently unable to be able to put out a competent midfield and two centre halfs that cant head a ball to save their lives, all leaves this Rovers team very vulnerable. We can only hope that the seasiders have some equally poor players on the day so that we can at least match up with them.

Good luck to all that are going you deserve better.

Anybody who wants to take part in the half time game

Calling all Blackburn Rovers fans!

Wonga are bringing you a new test of skill, nerve and fearlessness to Half Time’s at Bloomfield Road, with 3, 2, Wonga!!

With precision and skill, fans must pass 3 footballs from the penalty spot to the centre circle, with the aim of scoring the highest amount of points after three shots...............

Hit the flag and ten points are yours.........

The game is all about nerve, we are calling on you the 12th man to cheer on Blackburn’s fan taking part and raise the noise, to put the pressure on their opponent....

The Winner takes home £150 courtesy of Blackpool’s sponsors Wonga and the man or woman who has scored the most points at the end of the season will win the end of season prize!!

So enter now and take on the challenge on the Bloomfield Road turf.

Enter your name, Blackburn Rovers and phone number on the Blackpool tab on the Wonga Football Facebook Page by CLICKING HERE.

Alternatively, send your details to blackpool.halftime@wonga.com with the Subject: 3,2, Wonga........

Entries close at 5pm Thursday 13th December.

So good luck and enter for your chance to win £150 courtesy of Wonga.com

* One fan to be selected at random and will notified by phone or email.

You must be 16 years old to participate.

two centre halfs that cant head a ball to save their lives

I guess the good thing is that Blackpool don't play that kind of football. Cardiff certainly utilised Helguson to expose this weakness but Blackpool play more down the wings with pace, Henley and Olsson will stand a better chance of standing up to that than Hanley and Dann would with high balls.

The midfield is going to be an issue until we get someone else in. Until then Murphy and Lowe probably give us the best balance out of any combination.

i have been eternally optimistic over the last few weeks, but ive hit breaking point...

can see anything but a defeat here....

if we are lucky we could come away with a 2-1 defeat - - if we keep shipping goals, could easily be 4 or 5 down....

the january window cannot come quick enough, we need shut of too much dross.........

our only saving grace......if we could drag 4 teenage kids out of the crowd - could not do any worse than our 2 centre halves & 2 central mids...

!!

Difficult to find much hope for a positive Rovers' result.

Blackpool must be p1ssing themselves about the shenanigans of the last couple of days and it's difficult to see how we can go there as a united and motivated force.

Anticipate a 3 or 4 goals to 1 defeat. and Berg's now customary "we can do better".

I would say its time to feck Hanley off........others on here were saying he's better than Jones. :)

^ Will we be seeing a repeat of this from the Bergster?

No. Rumour has it that Berg is going to do Gangam Style if we put any past Blackpool.

We need to turn a corner and fast if we want any chance of making the playoffs, so again this is a must win game. Not sure if it's because we're getting closer to Christmas but I feel optimistic for a change.

2-1 Rovers.

I would say its time to feck Hanley off........others on here were saying he's better than Jones. :)

No he was higher in regard within the club than jones was. Most at the club never thought jones would cut the mustard at first until obviously Kean discovered him and polished him up with his great coaching skills.

I guess the good thing is that Blackpool don't play that kind of football. Cardiff certainly utilised Helguson to expose this weakness but Blackpool play more down the wings with pace, Henley and Olsson will stand a better chance of standing up to that than Hanley and Dann would with high balls.

The midfield is going to be an issue until we get someone else in. Until then Murphy and Lowe probably give us the best balance out of any combination.

Trouble is though with them putting all the play down the flanks, they'll be whipping in balls through crosses. Our CB's can't even win the ball when they are facing forward and have the advantage let alone running back to goal watching ball and players making runs. If Dann and Hanley play I'd be telling their wingers to get everything in between them (CB's) and the GK, high or low we don't have the skill or decision making back there to deal with it.

If the midfields an issue then we can't wait as it's too big an issue. We need to set-up differently/try other in their who can move abit more.

I'd be really tempted to try Lowe and MGP together and dump Etuhu and Murphy down with Colin. Provided berg cannot change from a 442, I'd prefer 3 in the middle though and pace out wide in Olsson Schwarzenager and CKR

Archived