BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

Trouble is though with them putting all the play down the flanks, they'll be whipping in balls through crosses. Our CB's can't even win the ball when they are facing forward and have the advantage let alone running back to goal watching ball and players making runs. If Dann and Hanley play I'd be telling their wingers to get everything in between them (CB's) and the GK, high or low we don't have the skill or decision making back there to deal with it.

If the midfields an issue then we can't wait as it's too big an issue. We need to set-up differently/try other in their who can move abit more.

I'd be really tempted to try Lowe and MGP together and dump Etuhu and Murphy down with Colin. Provided berg cannot change from a 442, I'd prefer 3 in the middle though and pace out wide in Olsson Schwarzenager and CKR

And the number of crosses our wide players allow to be put in without enough pressure is alarming. Quite simply the four wide players don't do enough to stop the crosses. If Jordan Rhodes had of some crosses like this from our players he would be 40 goal a season player.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go either:

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Mn Olsson

Kazim Dunn Lowe Nunes

Gomes Rhodes

or

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Mn Olsson

Lowe Pedersen

Kazim Dunn Nunes

Rhodes

if Gomes is out. I think we need a bit of pace out wide to keep them going the other way, Kazim and Nunes are more productive than Rochina and Formica.

Also I based this on Murphy being unavailable. I would play him if it, in for Dunn in my first team and in for Pedersen in the second.

And the number of crosses our wide players allow to be put in without enough pressure is alarming. Quite simply the four wide players don't do enough to stop the crosses. If Jordan Rhodes had of some crosses like this from our players he would be 40 goal a season player.

None of the team do enough as things stand defensively.

You can really see why black went 3-4-1-1, still don't think it's the way forward but toffee and defending go hand in hand at Rovers.

I'd normally play Martin Olsson at left wing with Lowe RB and Henley LB but Lowe needs to play in the middle until January.

---------------Robinson

Henley---Dann---Givet---Martin O

Kazim---Vukcevic---Lowe---Nunes

--------Rhodes---Nuno Gomes

Subs - Kean, Hanley, Etuhu, Dunn/Pedersen, Formica, King, Rochina

Keep the ball on the deck as that's what Blackpool will be doing and that will suit us.

Tell Lowe to make simple 5/10 yard passes to Vukcevic or out wide.....Vukcevic will always be looking for the ball and can drive forward with it, as well as playing it out wide.

Rhodes + Nuno Gomes = guaranteed goals in the side.......and Givet is our best player, not just our best defender, we desperately need him to play.

I'd normally play Martin Olsson at left wing with Lowe RB and Henley LB but Lowe needs to play in the middle until January.

---------------Robinson

I'd play something rather similar, except I think Gomes is still recovering from injury so I wouldn't throw him straight in.

Move CKR alongside Rhodes and put King on the right?

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Givet, Olsson

King, Murphy, Lowe, Nunes

Rhodes, Kazim

Back to basics football of 442. 2 fast winger to service the front 2. Kazim the target man to hold it up and slip Rhodes through. exciting 1-1 draw

Agree with that line up, but not the result. We should take the points here. Benching Hanley can only be a good move, he is a chopper.

With precision and skill, fans must pass 3 footballs from the penalty spot to the centre circle, with the aim of scoring the highest amount of points after three shots...............

Anyone who gets it in the centre circle should get to play for Rovers in the second half, probably give us a fighting chance!

anyone knows if the midfielders of the reserves are any good?

Considering the performance of Lowe, Murphy and Etuhu, maybe it is time to give a chance to another player

No, but Thomas Eisfeld from Arsenal on loan would be just what we need. Attacking dangerous, creative....and nowhere near mad-wengers first team.

---------------Robinson

Keep the ball on the deck as that's what Blackpool will be doing and that will suit us.

Tell Lowe to make simple 5/10 yard passes to Vukcevic or out wide.....Vukcevic will always be looking for the ball and can drive forward with it, as well as playing it out wide.

Rhodes + Nuno Gomes = guaranteed goals in the side.......and Givet is our best player, not just our best defender, we desperately need him to play.

like this side....

though i would dump Dann and play hanley instead........

---------------Robinson

It is a good team providing Vukcevic can play a CM role. I'm not really sure he can to be honest. CM is a huge problem for us at the moment. No one is convincing there, and it is arguably the most important position on the pitch. Dunn and Murphy are not fit enough to be defensively sound, Ettuhu and Lowe lack any passing talent.

It is a good team providing Vukcevic can play a CM role. I'm not really sure he can to be honest.

Although the defeat was tough to take, there were several positives to take from the match. Simon Vukcevic was outstanding throughout. He gave a masterful performance in the centre of midfield. A constant threat in attack and a willing workhorse defensively, he gave the sort of performance which has so badly been lacking in the first team. One can only hope that the manager took note of this performance.

It is a good team providing Vukcevic can play a CM role. I'm not really sure he can to be honest. CM is a huge problem for us at the moment. No one is convincing there, and it is arguably the most important position on the pitch. Dunn and Murphy are not fit enough to be defensively sound, Ettuhu and Lowe lack any passing talent.

We're only going to find out whether Vukcevic or Formica can cut it at CM by playing them there. Something needs to change in the middle.

Vukcevic needs to play....if Nuno Gomes is still injured, I'd play Kazim with Rhodes, Vukcevic on the right, Nunes on the left, and Formica and Lowe in the middle.

No he was higher in regard within the club than jones was. Most at the club never thought jones would cut the mustard at first until obviously Kean discovered him and polished him up with his great coaching skills.

This is true. Well, other than the Kean bit obviously...

Jones was on the verge of being let go in the summer before he broke through, but was just kept on at the last minute due to be him being local and the club wanting to retain a certain number of local young lads.

Hanley on the other hand was seen as the next big thing out of the Academy.

I suppose 'big' is fairly accurate, considering the amount of KFCs he's putting away.

Vukcevic at least has played a bit in central midfield, Formica certainly isn't a central midfielder.

He could be in the Championship....it's not like he shirks his defensive responsibilities......quite the opposite, in fact.

And although he mostly played off Yakubu last year, from memory it wasn't like he stayed up the pitch.....a lot of the time he was in the middle anyway.

This is not the Premier League where we will be punished for having players out of position.......I'm fairly confident Championship midfielders won't run rings around them and leave us exposed.

It's only till January anyway.

He hardly wins the ball back though, he might get back but he makes very little difference. He needs to be in attacking positions to make a difference.

And when he played off Yakubu, that's when he was linking with him but with 2 players behind him.

It is very naive to think we will not be punished at this level for having players out of position.

I would play Murphy who has the positional sense and Lowe just to provide legs, but we need an upgrade on Lowe.

Archived