BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

Defensively Formica is a liability. Don't get confused with running around a lot and being blessed with defensive positional sense.

In defence only ! cant say hes that good in attack either. Hes definitely one to offload in january.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defensively Formica is a liability. Don't get confused with running around a lot and being blessed with defensive positional sense.

Says the Pedersen fan.

He'll probably do more defensive work than Etuhu or Murphy anyway.....arguably Pedersen as well.

He hardly wins the ball back though, he might get back but he makes very little difference. He needs to be in attacking positions to make a difference.

And when he played off Yakubu, that's when he was linking with him but with 2 players behind him.

It is very naive to think we will not be punished at this level for having players out of position.

I would play Murphy who has the positional sense and Lowe just to provide legs, but we need an upgrade on Lowe.

Lowe's job will be to win the ball back.....how many Championship teams play with 2 ball-winners?

I wouldn't say I'm being naive.....that would be suggesting Dunn and Murphy could play together.

Desperate times call for desperate measures....I've seen enough of Formica and Vukcevic to suggest they could improve our shocking centre midfield....until January arrives.

In defence only ! cant say hes that good in attack either. Hes definitely one to offload in january.

He would be easily replaceable.

Salgado, Pedersen is our best striker of a ball - has that not been even more obvious since his absence? As for being a Pedersen fan, well I said within a month or two of him signing that when the goals dried up he wouldn't have much to offer. However, at the moment neither has anyone else.

Formica has a lot of ability and is prepared to get stuck in, which I like. There were a few ocassions in the Cardiff game where he had the ball in the middle of the park and looked very dangerous. I think he's just being played in a position that doesn't suit him.

Formica has a lot of ability and is prepared to get stuck in, which I like. There were a few ocassions in the Cardiff game where he had the ball in the middle of the park and looked very dangerous. I think he's just being played in a position that doesn't suit him.

Hes just another of the many who looks busy whilst producing not enough for the team to be successful .

Out of interest, what line-up would you play?

Could only say that Robinson would be the goalie and thats being very generous to him, Givet would be a centre half, and Vukcevic would play in the centre of midfield and thats because nobody else has proved themselves in this position, Martin Olsson id prefer to play further forward, as for the rest, well its a nightmare, as you could pick four players but they'd all play left wing or wide left of midfield.

Bet Agnew and Shaw are fired up for this , since Shaw ran em to the verge of winding up (pity he didn't think of saving money on chairs) , they won't see their beloved nobend playing Blackpool for a few seasons.

Predict this weeks after match news story will be leaked to the press by the Ewood self preservation mole that Shebby made them play in the 3rd choice PNE style kit, as well as picking the team and passing details of our tactics onto the Blackpool camp the day before, Derek Shaw the knight in shining armour saved 57p on a pack of bic biros and Paul Agnew sanctioned the saving?

Rovers 2-1 win

I suppose 'big' is fairly accurate, considering the amount of KFCs he's putting away.

And with this comment I'll sum the club up at present. There are clearly 'food' issues at the club and have been for a while whether it's an attitude or education issue who knows. Rovers employ a dietician and control one meal a day, obviously it's not working. The club were offered free of charge the services of a nutritionist who has worked at that level before very successfully. The fobbed him off and basically lied to him at every stage, constantly telling him that wanted his services whilst acknowledging it was a serious issue. This is why I cannot take anything said by the club seriously at present, everyone I know who has meet SS et al has come back saying the same thing. Good idea's but they haven't got a clue how to execute them and they talk a lot. Rovers are nothing like the cub we once knew it would never have happened with JW et al and the word of the club was good back then, now it's just words as it's always been under Venky's.

Vuckevic is in the 'probable' starting line up. Out on the right. I'd personally play him centrally with Lowe but such a relief to see him involved. Givet in at centre half too. Looks a good line up. Should take the three points tomorrow.

Do you also have a window over-looking the training ground?

Care to share the team?

Vuckevic is in the 'probable' starting line up. Out on the right. I'd personally play him centrally with Lowe but such a relief to see him involved. Givet in at centre half too. Looks a good line up. Should take the three points tomorrow.

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Olsson

Vukcevic Lowe Etuhu King

CKR Rhodes

Piecing together the Vukcevic/Givet story and Berg's interview making it sound like Formica/Dunn/Murphy are unlikely to play, I'm pretty sure we'll be lining up with the above.

Could possibly be more of a 4-3-3 if CKR drifts out wide and Vukcevic goes attacking midfield. Might match up to Blackpool's 4-3-3 better if we struggle for possession in midfield.

Archived