BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ettuhu

• Backroom

I thought he was one of our better players early on in this season and then had a slump but nowhere near as bad as Lowe in games recently where he seems to take the brunt of the criticism

However I didn't see Saturday so can't comment on that

I think it will be hard for him to turn it around now, one game recently his passing had been fine in the main and then one misplaced pass and people started hurling abuse his way, once the impression has set in its hard to shake as evidenced with Keef.

Not a great player by any means but still think he could do a half decent job for us if he plays like he was early in the season with a good partner but we just don't have anyone dynamic in midfield at all and its killing us

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However I didn't see Saturday so can't comment on that

He was so bad......I had heard that he was originally playing well, and thought he did well if I recall in the game I saw against Leicester.

But after a load of people starting slagging him off, I was a little bit skeptical tbh because; he's just a DM so will have specific instructions to follow, fitness/confidence issues, the lack of options to pass to etc, many didn't rate Nzonzi or Hoilett.

But after saturday I can see why he gets slated.....I can't recall someone pulling out of so many tackles in any football game I've seen at any level......Keef just wasn't near enough to opposition midfielders to get close to tackling them as he had no positional sense but Etuhu just genuinely bottled it quite often.....disgraceful performance.

I thought he was one of our better players early on in this season and then had a slump but nowhere near as bad as Lowe in games recently where he seems to take the brunt of the criticism

At least Lowe makes an effort.

I know that's pretty much his one redeeming feature but hey.

• Backroom

I remember being baffled we'd given a 30 year old a 4 year contract on £30k a week, but nonetheless I thought he'd be a decent enough signing. As others have said above, he started off OK but has tailed off massively and now genuinely looks like he cannot be arsed.

• 2 weeks later...

Using this thread even though his name is spelt incorrectly!

I've just read an article on the forthcoming African League Of Nations.

It listed Premiership and Championship clubs that may be affected throughout January.by a loss of key players.

It seems that Dickson is well thought of by their current coach.

OK so what you may say we won't miss him but if he has a good tournament it might give us be an opportunity to sell him in the window.

Archived