BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol city

ABBEY

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easier to ask "Who's been dumb enough to buy one?" ;-)

Why would anyone be dumb if they are going to this match.

Maybe they support the Rovers unlike plenty on here who seem to glorify in the clubs problems.

I will be there as I have been for every match, I will definitely not be watching Darwen.

Win, lose or draw I am a Rovers supporter or nothing.

I would start like this:

Kean

Henley, Dann, Hanley, Olsson

CKR. Vukcevic, Lowe, King

Rochina, Rhodes

Subs:

Usai

R.Hanley

N. Gomes

F,Nunez

D.Goodwillie

Pedersen

Formica

Leon Best will soon become available.

I do think we have to put Vukcevic in the middle, He will surely do better player than Murphy.

Its time for players like Murphy, Etuhu, Dunn, Robinson, Givet to get a escape route from Rovers. But I would keep a great servant like Pedersen in the squad.

I'd play something like -

Kean

Henley Henrique Dann/Givet Morris

Vukcevic Fernandez/Rosado Lowe Nunes

Nuno Gomes Goodwillie

Subs to include people like Raheem Hanley or whoever needs match practice.

Could be a blessing in disguise if we get knocked out so not too bothered about playing a strong team.

The club simply can't afford another debacle like Cardiff last season. This is a game the club need to win. Losing a match is never a blessing in disguise, particularly with the relationship between the club and supporters is at an all time low.

The club simply can't afford another debacle like Cardiff last season. This is a game the club need to win. Losing a match is never a blessing in disguise, particularly with the relationship between the club and supporters is at an all time low.

Cardiff was a quarter final though....this is just the 3rd round.

There have been many occasions in football when teams have had a successful season domestically because they were knocked out of cup competitions early. In fact I'm fairly sure us in 1994/5 is one example.

Wins in this competition might boost confidence and provide vital game-time to youngsters or players lacking match fitness.

Or it could cause fatigue and/or injury.

We face an almighty battle with numerous teams to reach the playoffs......imo, the FA Cup would be an unwelcome distraction.

I'd rather get promoted this season than win it.

There have been many occasions in football when teams have had a successful season domestically because they were knocked out of cup competitions early. In fact I'm fairly sure us in 1994/5 is one example.

Wins in this competition might boost confidence and provide vital game-time to youngsters or players lacking match fitness.

We face an almighty battle with numerous teams to reach the playoffs......imo, the FA Cup would be an unwelcome distraction.

I don't think you will find that is the view of those of us who have paid good money to watch the match.

Mm, what are you like at dealing with disappointment ?

I don't think you will find that is the view of those of us who have paid good money to watch the match.

Well no of course not, I said "imo".......people are entitled to feel how they want.

I would feel bad for the people who have paid to watch us lose, but if it proved beneficial in the long-term, I wouldn't mind at all.

Mm, what are you like at dealing with disappointment ?

Are you saying promotion is out of our reach? 5 points off 6th with 63 points still to play for? Or something else?

Well no of course not, I said "imo".......people are entitled to feel how they want.

I would feel bad for the people who have paid to watch us lose, but if it proved beneficial in the long-term, I wouldn't mind at all.

Are you saying promotion is out of our reach? 5 points off 6th with 63 points still to play for? Or something else?

And there are an awful lot of teams between us and sixth place who only have to get the same number of points as ourselves over the final months of the season to finish above us. Indeed, they could get three or four points less than us and still finish above us. Two wins shouldn't hide the fact that this squad has struggled in this division over the first half of the campaign. The hope was to get to January, still in touch, and then strengthen. Shebby has ruled this out. Personally, I think we will struggle to get to sixth and remember we are NINE points behind the fifth placed team. I fear the Championship is going to be our home for some time to come although I'm not convinced that Venky's have the money to keep us at this level over the long term.

That is true, but it's also true that we have seriously underperformed in the first half of the season.....partly because we don't often play our strongest 11.

Henley was missing till Berg.....Best has been out.....Vukcevic mostly anonymous...... a Lowe and Etuhu CM pairing is just dumb......Murphy out of form.....we've added King and Goodwillie and dropped Robbo etc.

Central defense and midfield are key areas of the park....if Dann and Hanley build up a decent partnership and find some consistency that will be massive for us.....if Etuhu plays well like he apparently did at the start, if not Lowe, and Murphy finds consistency then it won't be too bad in CM either.

I'd rather play Givet but if he leaves, we'd surely have to find a replacement? And if the good Olsson leaves, we'd hopefully get a full back who is comfortable at defending.....for cheaper as well I'd imagine, so maybe there is a slight chance we could get someone else in as well, perhaps on loan.

The fact that there are so many teams vying for 6th means if we take points off those teams, it's doubly good........and we have Derby, Forest and Leeds to play at home....Brighton at both.....those are our main rivals along with Watford who we face away, but who themselves don't have the best home record.

Unfortunately, out of 4 of the top 5 who we've played once, we only have Palace to face at home....Cardiff, Hull and Leicester away.....but hopefully they take points of our "divisional rivals" for lack of a better term.

So 11 home games left, hardest against Palace, then the ones I mentioned like Leeds etc, Ipswich, Blackpool and Burnley........just say we win 8, draw 1 and lose 2 to get 25 points....60 points so far.

10 away games.....say we write off the 3 hard ones which leaves 7.....if we win 4 against, for example, Wolves, Sheff Wed, Bolton and B'ham, and draw with Watford, Millwall and Brighton, that puts us on 75 points for the season.....which is exactly what 6th place got in the last 2 seasons......70 the one before that, then 74 and 70 again.

So it's usually around that number......winning 12, drawing 4 and losing 5 out of our remaining 21 games isn't beyond the realms of possibility imo....even if we don't strengthen .....the Best and Rhodes partnership has the potential to be dominant in this league......Rhodes scored a ridiculous amount of goals next to a big target man and the difference between League 1 and this division is less than that of this league to the Prem imo....so hopefully Best manages to stay injury free.....if not have Kazim holding the ball up and play Vukcevic on the right.

That is true, but it's also true that we have seriously underperformed in the first half of the season.....partly because we don't often play our strongest 11.

Henley was missing till Berg.....Best has been out.....Vukcevic mostly anonymous...... a Lowe and Etuhu CM pairing is just dumb......Murphy out of form.....we've added King and Goodwillie and dropped Robbo etc.

Central defense and midfield are key areas of the park....if Dann and Hanley build up a decent partnership and find some consistency that will be massive for us.....if Etuhu plays well like he apparently did at the start, if not Lowe, and Murphy finds consistency then it won't be too bad in CM either.

I'd rather play Givet but if he leaves, we'd surely have to find a replacement? And if the good Olsson leaves, we'd hopefully get a full back who is comfortable at defending.....for cheaper as well I'd imagine, so maybe there is a slight chance we could get someone else in as well, perhaps on loan.

The fact that there are so many teams vying for 6th means if we take points off those teams, it's doubly good........and we have Derby, Forest and Leeds to play at home....Brighton at both.....those are our main rivals along with Watford who we face away, but who themselves don't have the best home record.

Unfortunately, out of 4 of the top 5 who we've played once, we only have Palace to face at home....Cardiff, Hull and Leicester away.....but hopefully they take points of our "divisional rivals" for lack of a better term.

So 11 home games left, hardest against Palace, then the ones I mentioned like Leeds etc, Ipswich, Blackpool and Burnley........just say we win 8, draw 1 and lose 2 to get 25 points....60 points so far.

10 away games.....say we write off the 3 hard ones which leaves 7.....if we win 4 against, for example, Wolves, Sheff Wed, Bolton and B'ham, and draw with Watford, Millwall and Brighton, that puts us on 75 points for the season.....which is exactly what 6th place got in the last 2 seasons......70 the one before that, then 74 and 70 again.

So it's usually around that number......winning 12, drawing 4 and losing 5 out of our remaining 21 games isn't beyond the realms of possibility imo....even if we don't strengthen .....the Best and Rhodes partnership has the potential to be dominant in this league......Rhodes scored a ridiculous amount of goals next to a big target man and the difference between League 1 and this division is less than that of this league to the Prem imo....so hopefully Best manages to stay injury free.....if not have Kazim holding the ball up and play Vukcevic on the right.

Hate to burst your bubble but a fruitless January transfer window is going to make sure non of that comes to pass. Bowyer will win the cup game then the honeymoon period ends defeat at what will be managerless Wolves. Then more of the kean and berging same.

Archived