BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

Who for though Le Chuck?! He's better than Hanley (which isn't saying much I know).

But Henrique sounds a joke, and beyond that we're left with a bunch of untested youngsters.

I don't know if he worse than Hanley. Dann definitely made more mistakes against Cardiff than Hanley did.

I can't see how Hanley can be worse than Dann in his current form.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt I'll get hammered for this but after moving to Brighton I went to a few games then 2 seasons ago thought, sod it I cant afford to get up to Blackburn every weekend I'll get a season ticket here- some footballs better than no football.

Heres my views on the team in reply to Salgado is a hero,

Poyet is definately prepared to roll the dice and change things thats his strength after going 2 down last night he went to 3 at the back and brought on 2 strikers and lua lua, completely changed the game.

Vincente doesnt play at all, was looking forward to seeing him as when he did play last year he looked a class above this division.

Buckley is the main threat, along with Bruno at right back, pace to burn, absolute lightening and if him and lua lua start down the flanks theyll cause real problems.

Barnes is hated by most fand up front and for the most part couldn't finish his tea, that said he puts himself about.

CMS is good, doesnt stop running all day and though he seems to have lost his scoring touch hes proved in the past what a player he can be.

Hope we get a result against them, if this slump doesnt stop I can see it becoming a snowball.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeChuck" data-cid="1350466" data-time="1355931261"><p>

<br />

I don't know if he worse than Hanley. Dann definitely made more mistakes against Cardiff than Hanley did.<br />

<br />

I can't see how Hanley can be worse than Dann in his current form.</p></blockquote>

Have you ever seen Hanley win a header in a contest with a 6ft+ striker? At least Dann wins the occasional aerial battle. In an ideal world both will be replaced in Jan, but I cannot see it. The need for a dominant centre half in the Samba mould has never been greater.

Just hope Scott Dann is Captain again - leads by example on the pitch and is a fighter.

Salt of the earth that lad. Just the sort of qualities you want in a player. That was one of Keans main strengths, he always signed what Souness would describe as 'proper' men. No crap for Kean, no pre-madonnas, just 110%'s every time.

If Brighton score first, it's simply game over and they'll probably score a few more too.

IF we can somehow take the lead, we might lift our heads up and put in a decent shift.

Can't face seeing the reaction if we slide to another defeat.

When was the last time we lost 4 home games in a row? It must be pre-walker era? I just checked last season(11/12) and 98/99 season stats, and we lost 3 home games on the bounce in both of the seasons but not 4. We simply have to pull our fingers out on Saturday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/stats/_/id/365/league/eng.2/blackburn-rovers?cc=5739#

^Dunno if this has been posted on BRFCS before this season, but it is interesting as always to break down all the different ways in which we are sh*te.

No doubt I'll get hammered for this but after moving to Brighton I went to a few games then 2 seasons ago thought, sod it I cant afford to get up to Blackburn every weekend I'll get a season ticket here- some footballs better than no football.

Heres my views on the team in reply to Salgado is a hero,

Poyet is definately prepared to roll the dice and change things thats his strength after going 2 down last night he went to 3 at the back and brought on 2 strikers and lua lua, completely changed the game.

Vincente doesnt play at all, was looking forward to seeing him as when he did play last year he looked a class above this division.

Buckley is the main threat, along with Bruno at right back, pace to burn, absolute lightening and if him and lua lua start down the flanks theyll cause real problems.

Barnes is hated by most fand up front and for the most part couldn't finish his tea, that said he puts himself about.

CMS is good, doesnt stop running all day and though he seems to have lost his scoring touch hes proved in the past what a player he can be.

Hope we get a result against them, if this slump doesnt stop I can see it becoming a snowball.

Fair assessment in my view.

Just hope Scott Dann is Captain again - leads by example on the pitch and is a fighter.

Totally agree.

I particularly love the way he shows his emotion with his little stomp (like a 13 year old girl having a strop) after we've conceded.

A true warrior and born leader.

For those of you going to the game on Saturday, Gifts @ Ewood (immediately opposite the ground) will be open until 5:30pm for all your last minute Christmas cards and gifts!

If you want to buy anything before the game, we also offer the option to leave your purchases and collect them on your way home (again before 5:30pm)

For those of you not going the game, we are open every day through to Christmas including 9am til 6pm on Christmas Eve!

Show your matchday ticket or season ticket to get 10% off anything you buy.....

seems like somebody has been drinking far too much, to early, of the xmas beer..!!..!!....

Dann is the last person i would want beside me in a fight...!!....

would not pick Dann as captain for an U-14 side...!!!

I'm not really sure why Dann is being singled out for criticism. He shouldn't be our captain, but he certainly hasn't been our worst performer this season. He was better than Givet last Saturday and has probably been one of our most consistent performers so far (and I mean that in the positive sense).

He was terrible last season and this is a side filled with under-performers, but he has been reasonable.

Exactly. Amusing reading all these sarcastic replies to a positive comment about Dann when all we've heard on here for the past 4 weeks is bring Givet back, well that was a smart move wasn't it!

At the end of the day few players are gonna look good under a poor manager. Berg I would argue is even worse at this job than Kean, at least we could successfully if irresponsibly plough forward in gung-ho attacks under Kean. Under Berg even that ability seems to have drained out of the side.

If Dann had been out of the side for 3 weeks, fans would be calling for his return and demonising whoever had been marshalling our shambolic defence instead.

I'm not really sure why Dann is being singled out for criticism. He shouldn't be our captain, but he certainly hasn't been our worst performer this season. He was better than Givet last Saturday and has probably been one of our most consistent performers so far (and I mean that in the positive sense).

He was terrible last season and this is a side filled with under-performers, but he has been reasonable.

Think of what a centre half should be - and it isn't Dann.

Givet is rusty, not match fit that's why he struggled a bit last weekend. Last time he was out for a few games he came back struggled a bit and got done for a goal, think it was Barnsley? can't rem but after that match he was his usual rugged self. Dann has had some decent games this season but he has been responsible for goals so many times it's a joke but we've no one else really. For me i think i'd start with Henley, Dann, Hanley, Givet with Bruno & Mart Ollson on the wings. Not ideal but we have the strongest defenders there and Bruno & Ollson are good going forward and can help shore up the defence, like i said not ideal but try to make the best of what we have.

Agree with Tomphill, I'd start Givet again. One bad game doesn't make him a bad player, he's streets ahead of Dann and Hanley, for certain. Don't agree with his other suggestions though, don't want Hanley anywhere near the side.

Robinson

Henley Henrique Givet Mn Olsson

Murphy Lowe

Kazim Dunn Vukcevic

Rhodes

Subs: Kean, Dann, King, Rochina, Pedersen, Rosado, Raheem Hanley

Theres a reason why I've left out G.Hanley, Mk Olsson, Bruno and Etuhu.

Murphy and Lowe in the team just how bad do you want us to be ?

Archived