BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew Comment post- Blackpool Game

They are hidden away in Pune - when push comes to shove they may sell off some assets (aside from more players).

I always thought if there was a book on their ownership the last chapter would be called 'The Final Insult' - outlining how Shebby came over as a smokescreen to talk guff and make fans think they actually care about the football side of the club. As the club sinks lower and lower and financial position becomes even more unstable.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the point is, we need promotion back to the Premiership - where we belong.

We've been a Premiership club for all but 3 seasons in the entire history of the competition and it's where we should be.

It's still very much possible as there are a lot of games still to be played. Reading are a great example from last season.

If we can't do it with Berg, then let's replace him with a manager who knows how to get a team out of this division.

we can all dream...as someone states Reading before they went on that fantastic run last year were actually playing well + had a fully functional management team with back room staff in place with no outside interference...bit unlike Rovers

When the cats are away the mice will play?

I too had an interesting conversation the other day. Where one ex PR Guy has been going around trying to break supporter communication as too much of the truth is getting back to India and certain nets are closing.

This individual claimed that Alan Nixon had stated he gets all his information on Blackburn Rovers from the Action Group, which is quite laughable really as we do not talk to him, and have no wish to talk to him. This also spread over to the Manager as he also seeked clarification on if it was true that the Action Group had been feeding information regarding back room shake ups and who was coming in. Seeds were planted to try and kill two birds with one stone regarding club leaks, It does appear in certain quarters of the supporter base this bait has been taken, however the true leaking of this information goes back to old rear guard, the rear guard which ensured, good men left and sent our club down.

Some finger nails are getting shorter by the day.

Rather than write leaks, perhaps Mr Nixon should be writing about Paul Agnew asking me to leave Steve Kean alone and aim all protest at the owners, I bet he never told them that when he was positioning himself for a place on the board.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Topman" data-cid="1349939" data-time="1355830293"><p>

<br />

There's no such thing as bad publicity.</p></blockquote>

Go tell that to Gerald Ratner's family...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Steve Kean's Hypnotoad" data-cid="1349954" data-time="1355832097"><p>

I don't think Venkys are deliberately trying to ruin us, but I do think they would rather ruin us doing it their way than see us thrive doing it someone else's way. How else can the removal of Williams, Finn and Allardyce be explained?<br />

<br />

</blockquote>

Lies?

Amazing to watch this thread slowly elevating to hysteria based on completely unsubstantiated rumours , the gullibility of some people is absolutely precious, don`t know which is worse the people that make these things up or the ones that believe everything they read.

I too had an interesting conversation the other day. Where one ex PR Guy has been going around trying to break supporter communication as too much of the truth is getting back to India and certain nets are closing.

This individual claimed that Alan Nixon had stated he gets all his information on Blackburn Rovers from the Action Group, which is quite laughable really as we do not talk to him, and have no wish to talk to him. This also spread over to the Manager as he also seeked clarification on if it was true that the Action Group had been feeding information regarding back room shake ups and who was coming in. Seeds were planted to try and kill two birds with one stone regarding club leaks, It does appear in certain quarters of the supporter base this bait has been taken, however the true leaking of this information goes back to old rear guard, the rear guard which ensured, good men left and sent our club down.

Rather than write leaks, perhaps Mr Nixon should be writing about Paul Agnew asking me to leave Steve Kean alone and aim all protest at the owners, I bet he never told them that when he was positioning himself for a place on the board.

Problem is Glen, Venky's had an ideal opportunity to clear the club of Team Keam when the main "Snake" resigned, but were quite happy to let the club sail on with Keans promotions and allies still in place. Its obvious that certain people whose business relies on 70% (I think it was once said, can't check because their website has gone into hiding ) of its workload from Rovers is going to use any means possible to get rid of anybody who may throw a spanner in the works (i.e Singh).

Hopefully your comment about finger nails getting shorter, mean that the fools in Pune realise that people supposedly in a position which should be for the benefit of the club, are on their way out along with their business.

Perhaps if Venky's had took notice of the poll that was on here relating to an appointment of a contractor to the club to a director's position they may have thought why the numbers against were so high but hey we only love and support the club so what do we matter.

Amazing to watch this thread slowly elevating to hysteria based on completely unsubstantiated rumours , the gullibility of some people is absolutely precious, don`t know which is worse the people that make these things up or the ones that believe everything they read.

Not made up by me sonny, just repeating what I heard via an impeccable source.

• Moderation Lead

Normally I'd be concerned about one of the directors being so blase about our chances of extinction....

But Agnew is that much of a snake, as long as he's paid, he doesn't give a sh1t. Life-long Rovers fan my backside.

they all need to leavethe remainder of team kean of Agnew ,+ Shaw ,followed by your friend Shebby + his employers Venkys..not until they all go will the club start to recover where and what state we'll be in once all these chancers have gone god knows

Agnews a scheming rat IMO and should be ousted as soon as possible.

Couldn't do that Gav, Nixon would have little to write about.

Cannot believe he is on the board, what a @#/? joke!!!

The sooner Agnew is sent packing the better for all concerned, another from the Steve Kean mould in my opinion :angry2:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Athlete" data-cid="1349919" data-time="1355829061"><p>

Are we purposely being driven towards oblivion? Think the question needs asking</p></blockquote>

No not purposely but that's where we are going. Somewhere in the region of £30-35m of debt in the last accounts, wages ratio 92%, income reduced by £25m or more, no sponsor, reduced gates and no significant cost cutting apparent.

At a conservative estimate we need £30m in loans or facilities before the end of the season. If Venkys put that in their loans will exceed £50m with no possibility of being repaid.

Then next season if promoted we probably need to spend £20-30m on the squad. If we don't go up we are @#/?.

I hope we make it to May.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Athlete" data-cid="1349919" data-time="1355829061"><p>

Are we purposely being driven towards oblivion? Think the question needs asking</p></blockquote>

No not purposely but that's where we are going. Somewhere in the region of £30-35m of debt in the last accounts, wages ratio 92%, income reduced by £25m or more, no sponsor, reduced gates and no significant cost cutting apparent.

At a conservative estimate we need £30m in loans or facilities before the end of the season. If Venkys put that in their loans will exceed £50m with no possibility of being repaid.

Then next season if promoted we probably need to spend £20-30m on the squad. If we don't go up we are @#/?.

I hope we make it to May.

cheers Paul..I showed thhe accounts to a guy high up in Finance who basically said Rovers are screwed.....but what I couldnt get my head round was all the messing+ BS as its @#/? or bust why didnt they get an experienced management team in...now we have a manager with the old backroom staff who don't even know wether they'll be here next week or wether they're being replaced...

cheers Paul..I showed thhe accounts to a guy high up in Finance who basically said Rovers are screwed.....but what I couldnt get my head round was all the messing+ BS as its @#/? or bust why didnt they get an experienced management team in...now we have a manager with the old backroom staff who don't even know wether they'll be here next week or wether they're being replaced...

Maybe none would come...

Archived