BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where is Rock Bottom for Rovers?

TBTF

For me rock bottom ends as soon as Venky's go.

Seconded. I doubt I will ever feel so disconnected from the club, regardless of what happens in the future. Venky's' Blackburn Rovers FC is rock bottom. Just one disaster after another.

I am extremely concerned about the probability possibility of administration or even liquidation under these keaners though.

• 3 weeks later...

No manager.

No coaches.

Players pleading to the PFA for help.

Shebby making the club look even more of a joke

Then today's statement re Allardyce.

The Venky's are really testing how low a football club can go.

Rock bottom for me would be us being a mid-table League 1 side, financially knackered and absolutely no prospects of ever recovering our Premier League place.

I don't buy any of this romanticism that 'the old days were the best' and standing on a muddy terrace at Rochdale in 1879 was better than being an established Premier League team.

If course it wasn't and never will be.

Being a small lower-league team would be grim in the extreme, particularly so after having so much success in our recent history.

• Moderation Lead
Who's doing what now?

See the last podcast- apparently Dunn and MGP have contacted 'a senior source' at the PFA for help in Rovers' current situation......

Interesting question this, the obvious answer is the venkys pulling the plug on venkeys london ltd ie Blackburn Rovers and placing us in administration.

I was speaking to shareholders at the match on saturday who attended the AGM who are of the opinion that we are not far off the end game for venkys,

the thinking being that they are probably coming to the end of valuable player sales with assets to sell ie Brockhall and Ewood. Maybe resulting in a Profit

situation for them if handled properly, what the borrowings / debt situation is nobody seems to know and there was an obvious reluctance on Karen Silks

part at the AGM to reveal the financial position. It may well be that to get forward and have people involved in the running/owning of the club who have the

best interests of the club and the local community , administration may be the best option hoping that investors like IB/IC and WW can find the required

funds to buy the club from the administrator.

Archived