BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What if..

Are you THE Dr Who?

I'm deadly serious about the time travelling, I know a few guys into quantum physics.. I bet we could getbHawkins on board if we got hima place on the board. Just have to take evidence of the future to show uncle jack. And as we change the future the evidence would change too. Would the trust support this radical move though?

Are you THE Dr Who?

I'm deadly serious about the time travelling, I know a few guys into quantum physics.. I bet we could getbHawkins on board if we got hima place on the board. Just have to take evidence of the future to show uncle jack. And as we change the future the evidence would change too. Would the trust support this radical move though?

Hawkins team talks and Press conferences won't wash. Too monotone. No charisma that lad. Also some of our midfielders would feel threatened with his movement. I'm all for time travel and reassembling the good stuff...

Brad

Berg, Hendry, Moran, Baz

Rippers, Batts, Dunn, Duff

Shearer, Garns

Better teams we've had. That would be fun though. Manager? Kenny or Bobby.

Are you THE Dr Who? I'm deadly serious about the time travelling, I know a few guys into quantum physics.. I bet we could getbHawkins on board if we got hima place on the board. Just have to take evidence of the future to show uncle jack. And as we change the future the evidence would change too. Would the trust support this radical move though?

Spoke to Jack said what ever you do don't let the walker trust take over ,He said why? i said bcause they will sell us down the river and wont give a toss as long as they get there money.

Hawkins team talks and Press conferences won't wash. Too monotone. No charisma that lad. Also some of our midfielders would feel threatened with his movement. I'm all for time travel and reassembling the good stuff...

Brad

Berg, Hendry, Moran, Baz

Shearer, Garns

Speedie

Jack listening to his family and not Kenny in the summer of '95.

Kenny continuing with Roberto Baggio, Christophe Dugarry and Zinadine Zidane added to the squad.

Yes it was going to happen until Jack was persuaded enough had been achieved.

not too sure how those 3 would have fitted into kennys Old School 442 formation.

not too sure how those 3 would have fitted into kennys Old School 442 formation.

Such problems problems problems....

Two weeks after we clinched the title all three believed they were destined for Ewood. When things went slow Baggio's agent did a Rovers come and get him interview on 5live.

"Who needs Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood" was one of Jack's least erudite sayings.

Brad

Berg, Hendry, Moran, Baz

Shearer, Garns

Um, wheres Toogs???

Jack listening to his family and not Kenny in the summer of '95.

Kenny continuing with Roberto Baggio, Christophe Dugarry and Zinadine Zidane added to the squad.

Yes it was going to happen until Jack was persuaded enough had been achieved.

Bearing in mind that they were all young up and coming players, not the finished articles and wouldn't have cost the earth. Yes we missed out big time. Did his family then say it was ok to spend 7.5 million on Davies or 5.5 million on Christian Dailly. No didn't think so.....next ?

Bearing in mind that they were all young up and coming players, not the finished articles and wouldn't have cost the earth. Yes we missed out big time. Did his family then say it was ok to spend 7.5 million on Davies or 5.5 million on Christian Dailly. No didn't think so.....next ?

Not next at all.

Jack agreed to take a time out from funding.

When he did spend next it was mostly on dross.

Not next at all.

Jack agreed to take a time out from funding.

When he did spend next it was mostly on dross.

To be fair we had many other players on trail around that era who went on to big things. I think rather than Jack himself just saying no perhaps the blame should lie with some of those advising on players not putting a strong enough case across. Or the greed of their agents, John Carew's being one of them. I don't doubt the halt on funding though which was to our cost.

You could kept Dugarry for me. Just another show pony, half a season at Big Club and then what ? Andy Todd had him figured out. Zidane however was a real player, Sherwood wasn't fit to lace the boots he wore for training,

I think there might be a slight gap between the year we turned him down to the year he joined Birmingham.

ZZ and Dugarry both for approx 9m if I rem correctly. Aime Jaquet advised them to go and play in Seria A and Jack slammed the cheque book shut and we signed Matty Holmes. 4 years later ZZ went to Real for somewhere just short of 50m if my memory is correct.

Archived