BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stay safe and clubless / Glen's Blog Post (Merged)

Glenn

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. We have people in certain positions, who can say whatever they want about us fans, but as soon as a fan says something, they run to their legal teams and threaten. I understand that the messageboard should be protected, but I can't help but feel, that its just becoming rather a very sad sad place. Well its already a sad place, but you have to wonder when all this rubbish will end.
Nobody should be surprised that those infesting the club currently are bottom-feeders of the basest variety. It amuses me to think of that pond life Agnew trawling through this board on a daily basis (because, honestly, what else is he doing?) and getting straight on the blower when he sees an alleged exposé pertaining to the manner in which he has conducted himself.

That said, free speech simply does not apply here for two reasons. Anybody making defamatory comments may not hide behind such a right if what they say is damaging and untrue. Equally free speech is protected from intervention by the government. If this MB, as a private enterprise, wishes to curb the ability of its contributors to post whatever they choose then it may do so without notice to anybody.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody should be surprised that those infesting the club currently are bottom-feeders of the basest variety. It amuses me to think of that pond life Agnew trawling through this board on a daily basis (because, honestly, what else is he doing?) and getting straight on the blower when he sees an alleged exposé pertaining to the manner in which he has conducted himself.

That said, free speech simply does not apply here for two reasons. Anybody making defamatory comments may not hide behind such a right if what they say is damaging and untrue. Equally free speech is protected from intervention by the government. If this MB, as a private enterprise, wishes to curb the ability of its contributors to post whatever they choose then it may do so without notice to anybody.

If you are trawling this board Agnew ... My own opinion is @#/? you !!!!!

And I almost forgot have a @#/? Christmas

It's one thing to accept "he's removed directors his influence" as fact Philip, quite another to get anyone to substantiate such a claim in a court of law.

You need to invest in a copy of McNee's Essential Law For Journallists - currents edition!

Unlike you I am not a journalist.

Just staying that as far as I am aware Glen Mullan laid out the facts of the matter.

You may not be Philip but neither is Glen and it is his lack of recourse to the law as applied to published material which may land him in hot water

And it might not.

Beyond the bubble of the website, is Agnew really going to take legal action? Many of the posts on here are doing his job for him. Putting fear into people.

Anyway, aren't journalists meant to write clearly and refer to demonstrably provable facts themselves. We don't know the most important details as they apply to the law in this case. And the law isn't just a matter of fact, is it? It's also fundamentally about opinion, legal opinion. (If it wasn't, there would be no need for appeals, for example, or even court proceedings, for that matter.)

I find your posts interesting. But let's keep a sense of perspective.

Archived