BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Middlesbrough

Robertson

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you asked any of the other managers in this league if they'd like either Rhodes, Givet, Martin Olsson, Vukcevic, Henley, Nuno Gomes, Murphy, Rochina or Kazim-Richards I would put any money on them saying yes to all of them.

Most would take Dann, Hanley, Dunn, Etuhu, Goodwillie, Robinson and Formica also.

You have a point of sorts ...... now tell us how many managers would take em all!!!

That has been our downfall and that is the issue.

You have a point of sorts ...... now tell us how many managers would take em all!!!

That has been our downfall and that is the issue.

That's a fair point......but too many players in one position is better than not enough.

CM needs strengthening along with full back and probably a CB if Henrique or any of the young lads aren't up to it, but imo we have enough good players to be in the top 6......opposition managers/fans and pundits will feel the same....I'm sure of that and have read it often over the past few months.

Our squad isn't one that should win 1 in 10 games.....or keep a handful of clean sheets a season.

No manager has gotten the best of it yet.....although I doubt anyone else will really get the chance.

Promotion chasing teams have experienced Championship grafters who know what this league is about.

But that doesn't mean a player like Vukcevic can't be really effective just because he's never played in it before.....nor Rochina, or Formica or whoever.....we just need to give our playmaker-types options off the ball whilst someone is mopping up behind and other players are covering when necessary.......my point is we have the players to get out of this division, just that we haven't been utilising them properly.

Archived