SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Middlesbrough

Robertson

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor team selection by Berg.

I would go for a team of Robinson / Henley Dann Givet Mn Olsson / Kazim Murphy Dunn Lowe Vukcevic / Rhodes

We need experience, todays supposed team has Kean, Rosado, King and Hanley, we need people like Robinson, Dunn and Givet to guide the team, we should pack the midfield with Dunn allowed to link with Rhodes when possible, Lowe can do the leg work in there.

If Rosado is starting it's certainly a coincidence that a Shebby signing plays whilst he's on radio to big him up

To be fair I've been keen to see what Rosado offers

If Henrique and Sandomierski would also start, then one might start to wonder..

About time to try Rosado, should he start.

I would go for a team of Robinson / Henley Dann Givet Mn Olsson / Kazim Murphy Dunn Lowe Vukcevic / Rhodes

We need experience, todays supposed team has Kean, Rosado, King and Hanley, we need people like Robinson, Dunn and Givet to guide the team, we should pack the midfield with Dunn allowed to link with Rhodes when possible, Lowe can do the leg work in there.

Correct. But again, we're practically back to Kean's team selection. It's bemusing, consistently poor performers are rewarded starting spots, and key player introductions seem to coincide with fan unrest or SS's punditry.

As Tom said, funny how Rosado is supposedly starting the day SS is on the old wireless. Will be interesting if he plays terribly, scores three own goals and gives the fans a one fingered salute, he WAS Singh's idea remember?

Also how Givet was introduced for one game, just as fans were calling for him to make an appearance, and is again left out of this starting lineup. He was obviously lacking match practice, and we all know for a fact he is ten times the player Hanley is, yet after one match and a couple of mistakes he is dropped again for the gruesome twosome.

It's almost as if someone is gauging noise from the fans, trying what they suggest to appease them, then going back to the good old "i told you so" tactics.

Fitness hasn't noticeably improved since SK left, tactical awareness hasn't, and team selection is pretty much the same, so what HAS changed exactly?

Berg wants pace in his team on the wings.

Givet was awful at Blackpool. at fault for both goals.

Well Chaddy we could perhaps wait until January until we can feasibly play Martin Olsson out left, or wait for Nunes to get fit.

Givet was awful in one game, we know he has ability whereas Hanley has no qualities, slow, technically poor, easily bullied, loses all headers, doesn't read the game. Also for people who say he always strops off(we don't know whats happening), don't Rovers fans always see Hanley in KFC and out drinking?

A generous description of two dreadful errors that directly resulted in goals

Generous? Definitely. But strange how so many errors directly resulting in goals by others haven't caused players to lose out on their starting spots.

Dann and Hanley have been one of the team's biggest shortfallings this season yet they start every game. Givet was very short of match practice, the other two have had plenty. You'd think they'd have stopped these errors by now but no, some players just don't learn.

I certainly don't understand how Givet, short of matches, was in such good physical shape compared to Hanley, who has been almost ever present this season. I certainly don't think it's Hanley's lack of off field discipline and midnight KFC runs that have contributed to his already apparent lack of pace and spacial awareness. Honest.

Kean, henley, dann, hanley, olsson, rosado, murphy, lowe, king, rhodes, kaz

subs:- Usai, Givet, Dunn, Pedersen, Etuhu, Rochina, Vukcevic

could be 4-4-2 with King and Rosado on wings

This back four has proven failings. That midfield will get dominated as usual. I fear a serious drubbing!! And the global disaster to drop some major clangers on radio.

Chaddy won't hear a bad word said about any line-up. Then when we get tonked he'll curl back into the fetal position until our next game.

i already said I would play Vukcevic and Rochina instead of King and Rosado.

I thought Robinson should have been dropped.

Givet attitude annoyed me like the Charlton game when he came off.

I would like us to sign a commanding centre back like Berra from Wolves.

Archived