BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

Where are all the people saying that this squad is far superior to everyone else in this league and that the rest of the teams are poor?

That'll be the same people who saw nothing wrong in Venky's bringing their own people into the club and who thought selling players like Samba, Nzonzi, Nelsen, Bert, Friedel, EHD, Hoilett and every other Prem class player we had, was a great idea. Use the cash well and we could improve the team easily enough was the tag line.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we need to find a right bast@rd of a manager,someone who dosent give a flying @#/? were these players have played before,but is only concerned how they perform now.if they dont like it @#/? them off.....

Agreed.

These bunch of fairies need a kick up the arse, someone who isn't going to take their lack of effort and passion.

If Jack hadn't come in, we'd probably have been a third tier side (or worse) years ago.

What a sad waste of a legacy.

I wonder if any of the Walker family ever have their conscience pricked when the see what has happened to Jack's club.

What they did to it.

Should we be more angry with one family for being stupid, arrogant and naive, or with another that knew of the problems we would face yet cashed in their inheritance, walked away with millions and never looked back?

Should we be more angry with one family for being stupid, arrogant and naive, or with another that knew of the problems we would face yet cashed in their inheritance, walked away with millions and never looked back?
On the other side of the coin, my dad owns a boat. He loves it and over the years he has spent thousands on it. If, when my dad passes on (hopefully not for many years yet), it is left to me, I would have no use for it and it would cost me a lot of money to keep it in good condition.

Why would it be wrong for me to sell it?

On the other side of the coin, my dad owns a boat. He loves it and over the years he has spent thousands on it. If, when my dad passes on (hopefully not for many years yet), it is left to me, I would have no use for it and it would cost me a lot of money to keep it in good condition.

You would want them to look after your boat though - or do you not give two hoots for your Dad's legacy?

Your dad's boat doesn't have a 137 year legacy, nor is it the heartbeat of the local community & businesses. Your situation is a far more sentimental and personal one.

The Trust sold us out. Pure and simple.

While Berg is not good, and the squad is bad...we must never for one moment forget that Venkys are the ones who are killing (have killed?) this club.

I don't care if we get Mourinho and the Barcelona squad tomorrow. I just want Venkys out. Everything we do, everything we strive toward, must be aimed at ridding ourselves from these chicken farmers.

If Jack hadn't come in, we'd probably have been a third tier side (or worse) years ago.

What a sad waste of a legacy.

I wonder if any of the Walker family ever have their conscience pricked when the see what has happened to Jack's club.

What they did to it.

That's true. The Walker's Trust handed us over to the wolves.

Your dad's boat doesn't have a 137 year legacy, nor is it the heartbeat of the local community & businesses. Your situation is a far more sentimental and personal one.

The Trust sold us out. Pure and simple.

Exactly. Thanks Toppers, you save me a duplicate post.

Although, for my two-penneth, this is something some people don't seem to get. These people aren't owners, it's not their bauble or plaything, they are custodians charge with protecting a heritage, a history, a town landmark and source of local pride.

Sadly Venkys don't, and the Walkers didn't, get it either...

Agreed.

These bunch of fairies need a kick up the arse, someone who isn't going to take their lack of effort and passion.

These players are just not good enough !

They weren't last season and aren't this season ! The ones that were good enough were sold in the summer !

Having been howled at for talking about relegation at the start of the season, it gives me no pleasure to see this thread.

We need 21 points from the last 23 games now and the bottom clubs no longer look the basket cases they did a month ago.

Apart from all the pleasure it gave you to type that, of course...

That'll be the same people who saw nothing wrong in Venky's bringing their own people into the club and who thought selling players like Samba, Nzonzi, Nelsen, Bert, Friedel, EHD, Hoilett and every other Prem class player we had, was a great idea. Use the cash well and we could improve the team easily enough was the tag line.

Venkys didn't sell Friedel. He left under ince.

To be relegated in this league with the players that Rovers have would be insane, but yet I am looking at the league table and I can't see us taking enough points to survive. Who would have thought Posh would beat Cardiff, Bolton and Wolves on the trot, 3 teams that we have been beaten by at home!

I hate to say it but I think Rovers will be in League 1 next season because even if Berg leaves, there is no chance Venkys or Shebby will bring in someone decent, they are too stubborn and arrogant to know what's best for the club. Saddest time as a rovers fan by a million miles. I was lucky that when I was a kid I hadn't known anything other than the Jack Walker era.

Well here we again, for the third year in succession.

The previous 2 relegation battles under Kean were predictable but even a glumster like me never saw us in danger of going down this season.

To sum up. we have won 6 points out of 30 under Henning Berg and are now just 7 points above the drop zone. Without Kean's excellent start to the season we would be in the bottom 3 now.

It's obvious Berg has been a disastrous appointment and highly likely that if Venkys' stand by him like they did his predecessor we will be relegated.

Let me add, I'm not enjoying this and I hope Berg turns it around and this thread can be consigned to the dustbin.

But in my view we're in big trouble.

Discuss.

Its all been said a million times before on here.Henning was never the man and is plainly ill equipped to manage this bag of sh1te of a club .He seems unable to move us forward tactically or by motivating the team which are 2 basic fundamentals of a manager.So what attributes actually got him the job?? Who picked him and who decided he was the man because they need to leave the building at the same time.

Having said that it is now a Roy keane teacups at the wall approach, Souness on a do us a favour short term basis this year and big bonus if you get us up next year or possibly dare i say it Owen Coyle who does know what this league is about and has done well in the early days of his time at Burnley/Bolton.Forget it if we are needing to pay to get somebody in.

then who is clinically insane enough to come here??

The club has basically been hijacked by idiots who care nothing for the club,fans,and community.Sheer and utter stubborn arrogance on a level we have NEVER before witnessed by owners of the club in its long and proud history, a two fingered salute and total disregard to those offering sound advice has been their repost at best.

All this from people who openly admit they know little about football,these tools should be nowhere near a football club,these bumblers have more front than Blackpool Promenade...a bitterer pill we fans have never before had to swallow as the club is made to look a joke as it implodes

God f'kin help us.

Exactly. Thanks Toppers, you save me a duplicate post.

Although, for my two-penneth, this is something some people don't seem to get. These people aren't owners, it's not their bauble or plaything, they are custodians charge with protecting a heritage, a history, a town landmark and source of local pride.

Sadly Venkys don't, and the Walkers didn't, get it either...

This is the problem though, the Premier League and its obscene wealth have changed all that. I doubt if any of the foreign owners see themselves as custodians of a heritage and source of local pride. It's about their pride now, not ours. I've always seen the obsession with many on here of it's Premier League or nothing to be a contradiction to the local pride, heritage thing.

This is the problem though, the Premier League and its obscene wealth have changed all that. I doubt if any of the foreign owners see themselves as custodians of a heritage and source of local pride. It's about their pride now, not ours. I've always seen the obsession with many on here of it's Premier League or nothing to be a contradiction to the local pride, heritage thing.

They may not see it EiT but it doesn't make it any less true. ;)

Archived