BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

An incredible thread to be started about a Championship side that could splash out £8million on a striker at the start of a season.

Yet, no side that can go on a run of 1 in 10 can ever be considered too good to go down. Not even close.

Already looking like last-chance saloon against Barnsley for Berg. But...would they even mess up sacking Berg? Or would he, like Kean, be the one that had to do the walking?

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before people start to bizarrely worship Kean we were incredibly lucky at the beginning of the season, we were playing just as bad then as we are now. A fair few of us were saying we would start to drop points and results unless performances improved and that's happened. If Kean was here now I have no doubt in my mind we would be struggling just as much.

Exactly. The rest of the Division have sussed us out and simply press us all over the pitch and deny our fancy dans the time and space to play the way they want. Now this has become the norm our one dimensional players can neither step up to the plate and compete nor adapt their game to suit.

If Jack hadn't come in, we'd probably have been a third tier side (or worse) years ago.

What a sad waste of a legacy.

I wonder if any of the Walker family ever have their conscience pricked when the see what has happened to Jack's club.

What they did to it.

Should we be more angry with one family for being stupid, arrogant and naive, or with another that knew of the problems we would face yet cashed in their inheritance, walked away with millions and never looked back?

The Walker family gave us 20 years at the top table that none of us could ever have expected or predicted. I think it's fair to say that it was way beyond our wildest dreams. The crazy money in Prem football became unbelievably crazier and they did well to recognise that and get out whilst they could. I cannot and will not crib their involvement in any way shape or form because despite the Walker revolution the town and the supporters have proved unable or unwilling to pick up the baton.

You would want them to look after your boat though - or do you not give two hoots for your Dad's legacy?

And if he suffers seasickness and hates sailing with a vengeance? I'd imagine he'd not give two hoots den and quite right too.

Your dad's boat doesn't have a 137 year legacy, nor is it the heartbeat of the local community & businesses. Your situation is a far more sentimental and personal one.

The Trust sold us out. Pure and simple.

Get over it Topman. Sh1t happens. The sad fact remains that the supporters of BRFC have been spoiled and expect others to do what they are unwilling to do themselves. It's the old inbred 'soak the rich cos I can't support myself' mentallity. Sooner or later everybody has to do without the nipple.

Anyone have a horrible feeling we'll get relegated to League One and Venky's STILL won't @#/? off?
While Berg is not good, and the squad is bad...we must never for one moment forget that Venkys are the ones who are killing (have killed?) this club.

I don't care if we get Mourinho and the Barcelona squad tomorrow. I just want Venkys out. Everything we do, everything we strive toward, must be aimed at ridding ourselves from these chicken farmers.

That's true. The Walker's Trust handed us over to the wolves.

And what then exactly? :rock:

When we had 50m pa tipped into our bank account we might have managed without them (and I was one who wanted them out) but now thats drying up, with our wage bill and the reluctance of our supporters to pay the going rate would you care to speculate how long the bank would support us for? Wishing for the venkymob to clear off now is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

The Walker family gave us 20 years at the top table that none of us could ever have expected or predicted. I think it's fair to say that it was way beyond our wildest dreams. The crazy money in Prem football became unbelievably crazier and they did well to recognise that and get out whilst they could. I cannot and will not crib their involvement in any way shape or form because despite the Walker revolution the town and the supporters have proved unable or unwilling to pick up the baton.

Get over it Topman. Sh1t happens. The sad fact remains that the supporters of BRFC have been spoiled and expect others to do what they are unwilling to do themselves. It's the old inbred 'soak the rich cos I can't support myself' mentallity. Sooner or later everybody has to do without the nipple.

Haha, you really do talk absolute nonsense. It's just a succession of soundbites & hackneyed cliche's with you isn't it? You sound like a really dim version of Harry Enfield's Tory Boy.

Can you be less vague on how Rovers fans are to blame for the tarnishing of Jack's legacy? Specifics please, not random soundbites about nipples, batons & soakings. You can leave that stuff for the Boxing Day hunt. Tally-ho.

And what then exactly? :rock:

When we had 50m pa tipped into our bank account we might have managed without them (and I was one who wanted them out) but now thats drying up, with our wage bill and the reluctance of our supporters to pay the going rate would you care to speculate how long the bank would support us for? Wishing for the venkymob to clear off now is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

At this point we are doomed anyway. The question is how long are we going to stand these tossers that dragged us down in the mud.

Before people start to bizarrely worship Kean we were incredibly lucky at the beginning of the season, we were playing just as bad then as we are now. A fair few of us were saying we would start to drop points and results unless performances improved and that's happened. If Kean was here now I have no doubt in my mind we would be struggling just as much.

You can't be lucky over 6/7 games.....it doesn't make sense, it must have been down to something else.

A few of us were saying, the standard of the division is poor and Kean's attacking, whilst giving little thought to defending, style will still see us pick up points due to the general lack of a decent final ball and finishing ability from the opposition.

Boro beat us because they had good strikers......a few other teams have decent attacking players and they would have beaten us as well....but I think we still would have been in and around the playoffs under the clueless one.

4 wins in 7 games under Kean......3 wins in 16 since he left.

That's not luck imo.

If we had played Barnsley again two weeks later, Marlon Harewood still would have missed a lot of chances and Nuno Gomes and Rhodes still would only have needed a couple to score.

Ipswich would have missed those chances again and again.

I don't really agree with the concept of luck in football.

Alright yea, if refereeing decisions have gone against you then that is unlucky......you could hit the woodwork three times etc

But with Barcelona for instance, people say they were unlucky not to win in every game they don't....just because they had more possession and more chances.

It's down to poor finishing, or good goalkeeping or whatever......it's not being unlucky.

With Kevin McDonald as "manager" relegation is a nailed-on certainty. He'll be sacked before it happens so there'll be at least one more "manager" before the season ends - that would make 6 - a record?

Shebby will use the example of Chelsea going through managers.

Shebby will use the example of Chelsea going through managers.
Funny that John. I was thinking about Chelsea as an example of something else today.

An example of the fans being totally against the manager with banners, chants, etc, yet being a quality manager has started to get results.

Rovers had a hate-figure would couldn't even rely on being a good manager, yet it was the fans' negativity that was to blame.

I wonder how many in the media can see the link between manager and results, rather than fans and results? Because if the Chelsea fans had anything to do with it, Rafa wouldn't have won a game.

• 2 months later...

The club has basically been hijacked by idiots who care nothing for the club,fans,and community.Sheer and utter stubborn arrogance on a level we have NEVER before witnessed by owners of the club in its long and proud history, a two fingered salute and total disregard to those offering sound advice has been their repost at best.

All this from people who openly admit they know little about football,these tools should be nowhere near a football club,these bumblers have more front than Blackpool Promenade...a bitterer pill we fans have never before had to swallow as the club is made to look a joke as it implodes

God f'kin help us.

Just happened to click here.

This statement resonates still.

We desperately need a win from at least one of the dingles and Blackpool games.

The rest of the fixtures are not ones you would want in fighting to get out of the bottom three.

Safety could be as high as 55 points this season.

Back in the late 70s Rovers came 5th in this division and Blackpool got relegated with just 7 points less than we got.

We desperately need a win from at least one of the dingles and Blackpool games.

The rest of the fixtures are not ones you would want in fighting to get out of the bottom three.

Safety could be as high as 55 points this season.

Back in the late 70s Rovers came 5th in this division and Blackpool got relegated with just 7 points less than we got.

We need a miracle Philipl, the Raos and co have completely goosed the club

• Backroom

We will know a lot more Sunday night, worst case scenario is we will be 3 points clear with a superior goal difference and a game in hand but in free fall

Best case is 7 points clear, better goal difference and a game in hand.

If its the first the panic may set in, if its the second I wouldn't be too worried

Hang on a second, things are bad, they don't look like getting any better - but to fear relegation this season is premature. (Next season though - but will come on to that).

Firstly there are winnable games - Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, heck even Millwall if we don't decide to play pass it to Shittu should be games we should win. Blackpool are managed by the managerial genius of Ince, the dingles are playing stunningly badly. I'd expect at least a couple of wins in that, which given our 6 pts from relegation margin would be more than enough.

Generally 50 points is enough, and even if we draw the 5 mentioned games, again this should be enough to keep us up. Added to which someone is bound to have an off day which we can take advantage of - the odds of us getting relegated are pretty remote.

Having said that we're pretty dire at the moment, which brings me on to the second reason why I think we won't get relegated: there are 3 teams worse than us. I realise this was Kean's tactic to avoid relegation and failed 2nd time round but in this case, embarassing as it is to bank on this, I think it's the case. We're in 16th, and to go down that means 6 of the teams below us have to do better than us, which I just can't see happening. Yes some like Barnsley have picked up, but teams like Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield and Millwall (in the league) haven't. The chances of 6 teams picking up is pretty minute. The chance of us continuing not to gain any points and 6 teams making up the gap is even smaller.

Next season doesn't look promising. I suspect their will be cost cutting measures, meaning that the quality of the squad will go down. Based on his loan signings I'm not too convinced Appleton can pick a good player/get a bargain. When this happens we'll really struggle, and I fear next season we'll be looking down far more than looking up.

But this season we should be fine. Which gives us a chance to regroup and rebuild in the summer. Don't think we'll make the most of that chance though,

yeah blue blood, i dont think we will be relegated either, funny thing that, as i didnt think we would go down last year, i wonder what happened?

How could anyone not think we would go down last year? We were nailed on from the summer.

There is a sickening parallel with last season with a bunch of inexplicably inept performances dragging us into the mire after looking like we were set fair.

Dare I say it, I think its fixed.

talking out of ur backside.

you just make things up again

There is a sickening parallel with last season with a bunch of inexplicably inept performances dragging us into the mire after looking like we were set fair.

Dare I say it, I think its fixed.

Zzzzz.................. yes of course that's it Our owners have placed a huge bet on the far East betting markets and have persuaded a completely different set of players and manager to last year compromise their professional integrity by throwing the last 10-15 games or so.

It's so obvious, why didn't I think of it before? And there was me thinking Kean and Appleton were crap managers.

:rolleyes:

I still don't think we'll go down but we're so poor under Appleton we might only just survive by the skin of our teeth.

Without having studied the fixture list in any detail , I'm guessing a lot of the teams below us will have to play each other and will take enough points off each other to leave at least 3 Clubs worse off than us at the end of the season...........just.

Archived