BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

I still don't think we'll go down but we're so poor under Appleton we might only just survive by the skin of our teeth.

Without having studied the fixture list in any detail , I'm guessing a lot of the teams below us will have to play each other and will take enough points off each other to leave at least 3 Clubs worse off than us at the end of the season...........just.

As an outsider looking in you are clearly in a relegation scrap now. Rhodes ability to score might see you safe, but I'd not bank on it, mainly due to you inabilty to create chances. If your club does not start treating as relegation survival for the rest of the season, you'll go down. This league is going to need 52-53pts and above to avoid that last relegation spot.

Huddersfield have been thinking they are scrapping since December and are finally turning the corner. Guys time to wise up and get sorted for the fight.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an outsider looking in you are clearly in a relegation scrap now. Rhodes ability to score might see you safe, but I'd not bank on it, mainly due to you inabilty to create chances. If your club does not start treating as relegation survival for the rest of the season, you'll go down. This league is going to need 52-53pts and above to avoid that last relegation spot.

Huddersfield have been thinking they are scrapping since December and are finally turning the corner. Guys time to wise up and get sorted for the fight.

I'm not being complacent ben, far from it, I think we're truly dreadful under Appleton.

That live table though if it's correct, shows the bottom 3 as having 40 points with only 8 games to go. I can't see anything particular to suggest that 50 points wouldn't suffice, especially as our goal difference is better than the bottom 3.

So we shouldn't go down although we managed it last season from a position of seemingly near safety, so who knows?

It need 4 teams to go above us ... Ipswich are playing Bolton at home, so that could go down to 3 by 5pm today.

The nightmare scenario is if we go another 3 games without a win, it would get very tight then, and we don't have enough fight, talent or organisation in us in that situation to hold off the bottom 3 who's been battling all season.

Relegation is a very distinct threat.

I'm not being complacent ben, far from it, I think we're truly dreadful under Appleton.

That live table though if it's correct, shows the bottom 3 as having 40 points with only 8 games to go. I can't see anything particular to suggest that 50 points wouldn't suffice, especially as our goal difference is better than the bottom 3.

So we shouldn't go down although we managed it last season from a position of seemingly near safety, so who knows?

Hi,

because the live table has most of those games as 0-0 1pt draws at the moment. bristol city are playing wolves.. if one of those sides ( city i think) get a win, it puts the top placed relaation team on 42pts.

There are hopefully a good few of your fans who aren't complacent but I watched and listened to your FA cup loss and the blackburn pundit was saying something along the lines of "and the chance of a play off spot is probably out of reach now".. of course techincally he is right, but in reality, blackburn should be looking much more at teams below you rather than the teams above. That's what i mean about complacency. its not that you've just slipped out of the chase for the last play off spot, it is much more that you are clearly in a relegation fight.

We have all seen this before, those teams who think they have enough, or have a good enough number of players to get the points once they find form again.... what happens? they go down and people say " well they were too good to go down"

A win for either side in Wolves v Bristol City this afternoon and we are 4 points above relegation. Barnsley getting a draw as well and the gap is down to 3 points.

AND

We have the worst current form

AND

On a straight extrapolation, the last relegation place will end the season on 52.05 points.

Hi,

because the live table has most of those games as 0-0 1pt draws at the moment. bristol city are playing wolves.. if one of those sides ( city i think) get a win, it puts the top placed relaation team on 42pts.

Ah I see, I thought it looked odd!

Completely meaningless until 5p.m then really.

• Backroom

A win for either side in Wolves v Bristol City this afternoon and we are 4 points above relegation. Barnsley getting a draw as well and the gap is down to 3 points.

AND

We have the worst current form

AND

On a straight extrapolation, the last relegation place will end the season on 52.05 points.

But in the interest of fairness we should point out we have a game in hand

Although at the moment that only seems good for harming our goal difference further

But in the interest of fairness we should point out we have a game in hand

Although at the moment that only seems good for harming our goal difference further

Well exactly.

Out of curiosity Tom, and this isn't a loaded question, what's your prediction for the game tomorrow?

• Backroom

Well exactly.

Out of curiosity Tom, and this isn't a loaded question, what's your prediction for the game tomorrow?

0-2 sadly

The way I see it relegation is a scary and strong possibility but not yet a probability all it takes is a win from somewhere and all of a sudden it can look healthier again, we seem to have gone in patches of a small decent run followed by a shocking run

Right now one of those small runs would see us over the line just about

Yes, it reminds me very much of a guy running a marathon and his legs have gone to jelly in the last 400 yards. We just can't buy a win at the moment.

I think the pressure will now be firmly on us tomorrow, with the table looking as it does. Yes, Burnley are not in the best of form, but we've been worse, are below them in the table and there's this 34 year thing as well. Comparatively the pressure will be off Burnley and they'll be well up for it, I think.

There's the possibility of a 1-1 draw, but a Burnley win is favourite for me too. Especially if they go a goal up, we'll be done for! I wonder if they've got a big lump playing centre half, a la Shittu?

As it stands at half time on Saturday.

Squeaky bum time as we cannot buy a win at the moment

18 Blackburn 36 -3 45
19 Barnsley 37 -11 44
20 Ipswich 38 -20 44
21 Sheff Wed 37 -10 43
------------------------
22 Peterborough 38 -9 42
23 Bristol City 38 -11 42
24 Wolves 38 -11 39

• Backroom

In these relegation battles I always feel much better if we have a two game safety zone, at present if things stay this way it can be overturned in one match day. We need to go into the 2 week break with a 4 point lead I think

Archived