BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fooking shambles. I've felt like this before when I can't sense where the next win is coming from, but never ever have I felt on top of that not knowing where our next goal will come from!

Really need this win tomorrow to help the marriage. My wife's patience is wearing thin with all of my consistent moaning about it all :blush:

Here you go ;)

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/27582-the-npower-championship-1213/page-22#entry1385983

See my post in the Millwall topic. There is absolutely no chance of us going down this year.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/27582-the-npower-championship-1213/page-22#entry1385988

Nah we're fine relegation wise. I know we're on a poor run, but consider this:

2011-12: 41 points for safety

2010-11: 43 points

2009-10: 48 points

2008-09: 47 points

Mr LeChuck it's 2012/13 42 points and counting

We're sat in 16th place on 45 points and still 10 games to play. We will pick up points between now and the end of the season. Absolutely no chance of us going down.

Enjoy the cup, it might be the last time we have this opportunity for a long time.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28553-millwall-h;-1332013-fa-cup-quarter-final-replay/page-7#entry1385982

Honestly I think there is close to zero chance of it happening. I don't think this year's Championship will buck the trend in terms of what it takes to stay up, nothing to suggest this season is a special case.

I'm surprised so many people think it's a realstic possibility given the stats on previous seasons. 6 points is misleading when there are 6 teams required to overtake us to put us down there.

Interesting to note that we are 4 points from the bottom 3 and 3 points off 12th and with a game in hand. Crazy league that can change dramatically with 1 result. Glad there`s a two week break now. Can't take this stress!

Think we`ll just about get over the finishing line but not without one or two scares along the way.

Relegation?? No chance!

Wasnt long ago people were talking about catching up on play-off's. Fickle!

Hughesy with the tougth games we have theres a very good chance.... but due to our superior goal difference + the 4 point cushion I reckon another 6 points should be enougth for safety....ONly for Rhodes goals we would of been down...Appleton has no tactics what so ever + his record is now a la Berg......he talks the talk but obviously isnt walking the walk...

Simple basics JR is a goalscorer and needs the ball give him the ball he'll score but we have no one providing that + none of our 5 managers this season seem to have realised that and the CM position which is another plainly obvious one

Today illustrated why I think we won't get relegated:

Even though we were poor, we escaped with a point. There are enough teams to play who aren't going to put us to the sword to scrape enough points to stay up, even with our poor tactics and the limited amount of chances we create.

Relegation?? No chance!

Wasnt long ago people were talking about catching up on play-off's. Fickle!

People were talking about the play-offs when we were 7th and in a good run of form. But now we're four points from relegation and can barely score, it's only natural people will talk about relegation.

Rovers falling down the table doesn't make anybody 'fickle'.

No, wasn't him I read. Think it was le Chuck.

Ahh, my mistake. It sounded remarkably like a Kean-ism from the time he promised us there was no way we would be relegated from the Premier League. Such statements have a way of coming back to haunt!

Anyway, it's getting harder to keep up and contribute anything of value so I'll keep my internet mouth shut. I find it very difficult these days to muster up enough feeling other than sadness to really get involved in Rovers-related chat.

Hmmmm, all a bit bleak. Sorry ladies & gents.

Why?

Me and thee agree on a lot DE, but that's a little churlish.

We do need people who remain positive. (Even though Kean ruined that word). It's just some find it easier than others.

Why?

You have to admire somebody who has managed to stay this positive given the 24 or so months that we've endured! I know on the other hand that I and many others are almost at breaking point. As I said earlier, there's absolutely no cause for optimism right now IMO and won't be unless we can string a result or two together, which involves winning and scoring goals - two things we cannot do.

• Backroom

Me and thee agree on a lot DE, but that's a little churlish.

We do need people who remain positive. (Even though Kean ruined that word). It's just some find it easier than others.

It's not churlish at all, a genuine question. I don't find baseless optimism admirable in the slightest, it's incredibly irritating.

Our relegation rivals will probably be disappointed he's gone. At the moment, our form is very poor. Under Bowyer, we may just get that initial bounce to get us a couple of wins and secure safety.

Long term, we are a lot worse off by sacking Appleton. Short term, we may just see a response to Bowyer being back in charge. I bet Blackpool are pretty gutted it's happened before we play them.

Archived