BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg sacked

philipl

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have said the coaching staff and the players are the ones to blame. Berg being in charge of that particular section would obviously be first in line for the axe.

I would agree with that. The playing staff in particular need to take a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror. I've made it plain in the past that I don't rate the lot we've got at the moment, we're not a top six collection of players but neither are we a bottom six team. They obviously didn't rate Berg from day one and have done nothing to help in anyway.

the more i think about it, the more i realise that singh DOES want a yes man, its obvious berg wouldnt toe the singh-line and so he was potted and so another scottish @#/? is brought in who will do what ever singh tells him, until singh has been removed we will never appoint a decent manager

What is increasingly clear is that Berg had Singh on his back interfering every inch of the way. Berg did stand up as far as he could but was systematically undermined.

I think we have no idea whether Berg could have worked out or not.

I wonder if he will speak out - or remain quiet like the others.

Sad to see Berg's reign end but the correct decision. Now we need an experienced manager with free reign of the team's affairs. Though reading through the fifteen pages on here, that doesn't look likely.

Also saddens me - still seeing the mud slinging between fellow supporters. We all have one love - that is the club, however shambolic it's being ran. It needs to stop. All agree to disagree and move on. There is much much more to life than football.

Berg did not deserve this. Not talking about the sacking part, but just the whole experience of being lured in by these morons and being thrown into the mindless self-cannibalizing circus that Venkys have turned our once great club into. Yet, he knew what he was getting himself into, so he should be the last one surprised.

I am very disappointed by the sacking of berg. The results under kean was a result of luck/overperformance. Under Berg we have played good in larger parts of the game, but the margins have not been under our side. I truly believe berg would have turned it around and we would have been in a playoff position by the end of the season. That being said; football is a result business, we havent gotten the results, and that is bergs responsibility.

Shebby/venkys spent 5 weeks recruiting a new manager, and when you spend that amount of time finding the "right" man you would assume they have done their job and believe in that persons philosophy on the way forward. When you sack the same manager after just 5 weeks that witnesses of a really poor recruitment process.

Shebby needs to go imo. Don't know how much he has intefered with berg but the recruitment process alone is so poor that he should be sacked.

Who will be in charge next? don't know, but i think that whoever that person is will have a really hard time working in the cuckoos nest that is ewood park.

Re: Berg it's a shame and I might have given him a little more time personally but I don't think he can have any real complaints the way results and more to the point performances went recently.

In my view with the benefit of hindsight the thing that killed it off was not Berg not briinging in his own backroom team. Kean may have gone but after a brief 3 game honeymoon period against Huddersfield Birmingham and Peterborough things appeared to revert back to normal and nothing really changed.

If that was Berg's choice it was a grave error of judgment. If he wasn't allowed to he was never really given a chance.

what the @#/? is up with your Board????? I hope for your sakes that someone sensible buys you out before they take your club into oblivion and our annual 6 pts with you....just crazy!

We'll be playing Bury and Preston next season

I am very disappointed by the sacking of berg. The results under kean was a result of luck/overperformance. Under Berg we have played good in larger parts of the game, but the margins have not been under our side.

Absolute rubbish. If you have taken the time to watch the team play under the diastrously out of his depth Berg you would see that they are even more disjointed than they ever where under the last manager.

Berg will forever live with the stigma of making Steve Kean look like a tactical and motivational genius.

Sadly the same muppets who over-promoted Berg will be chosing the next loser

I'd rather they sacked Singh, Shaw and Agnew.

The most sensible post on this thread.

If only JW and TF could be persuaded to come back and left alone to run the club on behalf of the owners.

In my dreams...............

People who are contemplating whether Berg should've been sacked or not are barking up the wrong tree.

Firstly, the squad has been wrecked by Kean. You can shuffle the pack as much as you like but your hand will always be a pair of twos or worse. really, a decent experienced manager could improve results somewhat by tightening up the back door and scraping the odd win. But results wouldn't have been much better. I don't think Berg is much of a manager, but then in these conditions, even Ferguson would struggle.

Which brings me to the retards currently destroying the club from within. Now they've binned Berg, it's pretty much nailed-on that they'll bring in someone as bad as, or worse than, Berg. Why? Because no decent manager is a yes man. And they want a yes man.

It's just a waiting game now, waiting for relegation, administration, liquidation or if we get really lucky, they'll sell us. I think we'll be exceddingly lucky to stay up this season, but in any case, unless we do get sold, I expect league 2 within 4 years.

Archived