BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg sacked

philipl

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/100859

6:40 - 13:00

These two feckers Cundy and Goldstein (whoever they are) pontificating about how Kean was doing a good job with us in 2nd position when he was forced out and what a clown Singh is etc etc then move straight on to discussing choices of manager for Forest. Roy Keane, Terry Connor, Mark Hughes, Alex McLeish all mentioned so the big question I have is how come they never mentioned Steve Keans name as a possibility? Amazing given the fawning comments from the press and media about Steve Kean that no other club is ever linked with him isn't it?

Isn't it obvious? It's because he's good enough for small time Rovers but not a city club.

I'd love him to take over at Posh just to stick it up Durham.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now c'mon Gav, stored memories are difficult to erase no matter how much you may wish to. You and according to you just about everybody else in your section on the Blackburn End were packing in if my memory serves me correctly. ^_^

Oh btw do you still think Allardyce is the footballing equivalent of the Devil re-incarnate or has your opinion changed with our recent ghastly experiences? Just think we'd be in our 4th season in the Championship (or worse) if Allardyce hadn't answered the call when he did.

Shut up you boring Keant.

Surely you've more pressing things on your mind than West Hams manager? And snuggling up to Jim.

Ps - I thought the lad interviewed on sky, Mark Fish?, spoke very well and raised some decent points without going in all guns blazing, good effort Mark?

Singh, Agnew and Shaw need to come out now and admit they got it all wrong paying for their mistakes with their jobs.

Venkys, if you want the fans to ever get behind you, then appoint a @#/? MANAGER NOT A COACH WITH POTENTIAL.

The way BRFC has been dragged through the mud, media and spotlight is a shocking way to treat the history of the club, the greatest owner ever in Jack Walker and the clubs own fans.

Someone has to take the blame.

HB was never going to be the man and all with no support and nothing but keans influence from the background.

You have now made two appointment errors, learn from your @#/? mistakes and appoint a MANAGER

Shut up you boring Keant.

Surely you've more pressing things on your mind than West Hams manager? And snuggling up to Jim.

Ever thought of shutting 'GAV' down and starting afresh? It's about your best (and probably only) option. Perhaps 'Cupid Stunt' would be most appropriate for a new board name. :P

Singh, Agnew and Shaw need to come out now and admit they got it all wrong paying for their mistakes with their jobs.

Venkys, if you want the fans to ever get behind you, then appoint a @#/? MANAGER NOT A COACH WITH POTENTIAL.

The way BRFC has been dragged through the mud, media and spotlight is a shocking way to treat the history of the club, the greatest owner ever in Jack Walker and the clubs own fans.

Someone has to take the blame.

HB was never going to be the man and all with no support and nothing but keans influence from the background.

You have now made two appointment errors, learn from your @#/? mistakes and appoint a MANAGER

We can only hope 1864, the I think we all know in the back of our minds that they're going to Kean it up again....

Venkys out

Singh out

Agnew out

Ever thought of shutting 'GAV' down and starting afresh? It's about your best (and probably only) option. Perhaps 'Cupid Stunt' would be most appropriate for a new board name. :P

I love the name LoL, very good Gordon.

I could suggest a couple for you also, but I'm not wanting to derail the thread, so lets just say I win.

Happy Christmas by the way, to you and the family.

i go to bed after finishing the night shift and i get a message reading 'berg sacked'....WTF!!

i could spend all night posting on this subject but instead it all comes down to this....GET THESE KEANERS OUT OF OUR CLUB.shebby you area a keaning kean!!

we'd be better off starting all over again in league 1, without anybody that has anything to do with venkys.

Mercerman has been telling anyone that would listen from 5 games in that Berg was resigning or being sacked, doesn't take a genius to work that one out......

Its when that he struggled with LoL.....

Gav, as per usual, you are talking fecking sh1te.

The only time I said Berg was going was post Blackpool game when I said he wouldn't make the Brighton game on the basis that this came from the same person who told me that Kean wouldn't make the Charlton game in the days leading up to it and I took a hammering for that !!! I also happen to think that the info. was correct only for the 'infamous' Pune gremlins to kick-in !

So, if you can find any posts of mine to back-up your statement then I will apologise otherwise, stop spouting sh!te.

Gav, as per usual, you are talking fecking sh1te.

The only time I said Berg was going was post Blackpool game when I said he wouldn't make the Brighton game on the basis that this came from the same person who told me that Kean wouldn't make the Charlton game in the days leading up to it and I took a hammering for that !!! I also happen to think that the info. was correct only for the 'infamous' Pune gremlins to kick-in !

So, if you can find any posts of mine to back-up your statement then I will apologise otherwise, stop spouting sh!te.

A quick search shows it was actually 6 games in, but lets not split hairs, you got your wish, now who you going to replace him with?!

QUOTE(Scotty @ Jun 29 2005, 17:45 )
John Williams said recently that sales at this stage were on a par with last season. However Thenodrog has a "source at the club" who seems to think that sales are well down.

Who to believe, Theno or John Williams? It's a toughy.

328155[/snapback]

I take little pleasure in suggesting that it's not such 'a toughy' anymore is it Scotty?

You tried to make me look foolish with that churlish and unprovoked attack to my original post but whose left looking a cupid stunt now? If I were in your position I would be gentleman enough to apologise ...........but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't mind admitting that I really rated McEverly when he played his firts few games under Souness, and I have frequently wondered why...

1. He left Everton

2. He has not developed in line with the talent and promise that he posesses.

This article from tonights LET shines some light on things.....

"McEveley: Andy Cole saved my career

BLACKBURN Rovers defender Jay McEveley has found the road to redemption - and it's all thanks to his former team-mate Andy Cole.

The England Under 21 international, who is currently on loan to Ipswich Town, admits there was a point in his career when he was guilty of having a serious attitude problem.

However, some wise words from Cole helped to put him back on the straight and narrow, and now McEveley appears to have rediscovered his focus once again after spending several years in the football wildnerness.

McEveley was first thrust into the limelight as a 17-year-old, when he was given a Premiership baptism of fire by Graeme Souness in a Lancashire derby with Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok in December 2002.

He then went on to make a further 12 appearances in the first team that season, including both legs of a League Cup semi-final with Manchester United in which he was given the task of marking David Beckham.

But, instead of kicking on from there and trying to nail down a regular starting place in the side the following season, the Liverpool-born defender sulked when he was eventually axed by Souness and it took a pep-talk from Cole to bring him to his senses.

McEveley, now 20, and older and wiser than the teenager who made his Blackburn bow, said: "When Graeme Souness took me out of the side I did not know what to do.

"I was being selfish and stupid. If I was out of the team, I would sulk and moan and say I didn't care.

"The penny dropped when Andy pulled me aside one day. He reminded me how I had got into the side by working hard and doing things properly.

"They were brilliant words and, from that moment, I have never slacked off.

"I went off the rails a bit but, as I've grown older, I've learned how to deal with it."

McEveley's fit of pique ultimately cost him the chance to make the left-back spot his own at Blackburn.

Souness questioned his attitude on several occasions and eventually shipped him out to Burnley on loan in December 2003, the first of three such spells with Championship clubs.

Mark Hughes briefly offered him a route back last season; McEveley made four Premiership appearances on the bounce last Autumn.

But he was then sent out on loan again, this time to Gillingham, before he returned in time to appear in Rovers' game at Tottenham on the final day of last season, the last time he pulled on a shirt in the Premiership.

Ipswich was McEveley's next port of call and since August, he's been a regular in Joe Royle's side, clocking up 12 appearances and scoring once.

It remains to be seen whether McEveley still has a future at Blackburn or not, but, wherever his career ends up leading him, he will always be grateful to Cole for saving him from football's scrapheap."

Serious attitude problems! What a cupid stunt eh?

QUOTE(den @ Mar 5 2006, 18:25 )
Calm down boys, Jim's on a windup.

388529[/snapback]

You don't need to apologise for the cupid stunt Den. You should diss him for being so churlish.

rolleyes.gif I advocated dropping Terry during the euro demise because of his attitude. I also was in favour of dropping Gerrard to the bench and Lampard from the squad. They along with others were playing in a comfort zone formed by a too strong media and a too weak English management. I see ignoring Terry as more of a disciplinary measure and a strong message to all the squad (and of course their conniving agents dry.gif ) than a measure of support for Rio. Capello's mind games are absolutely fascinating!

..... and brought ever more sharply into focus by the TV appearence of McLaren tonight. I predicted that the England job would destroy him ... and it has! No club chairman would touch him with a bargepole now would they? The cupid stunt claimed to Gabby Yorath that he used the experience of the crowd and media criticism during and after the Albania debacle to strengthen the resolve of the team and his staff! ohmy.gif What an absolute thick gobshyte! I wonder if the penny will even drop with the fool by the time we are all sat at home watching an 'Englandless' competition this summer?

QUOTE (jim mk2 @ Feb 14 2009, 11:40 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not surprising ; BMWs must be the ugliest cars on the road....which is obviously why Gordon drives one laugh.giflaugh.gifCupid stunt! Can you not read?

Allardyce may hail from Dudley but in football he is synonymous with Bolton.

Q: Name a very famous footballer who died young also from Dudley ?

Duncan Edwards

Rem we have a policy of one out before one can come in, I think DB insists on that.

Hughes had cleared the way for one in by selling Sav (a mate as such) and was denied money apparently cos he'd spoken to another club! He'd obviously have been better off meeting the mags in secret. Honesty is not always the best option.

Basically despite last minute Vogel who must have eaten up every penny of Savs money and more the squad was weaker after the transfer window closed. Hughes was even denied the opportunity to sign Koumas out of desperation. Didn't Real pay over 20m for Diarra btw? If so that would have moved Hughes's earnings for BRFC to almost 60m in just 4 years! Yet by our chairmans actions we virtually shoved him out of the door as we had made his position untenable. The Kenny Everett character Cupid Stunt springs to my mind.

Hence pompey doubling / trebling their money. rolleyes.gif Granted no one knew at the time that RM would ride over the hill for him, only hindsight is telling me that and hopefully JW too. The bloke with the far more precious foresight was Hughes and any fool should have been able to see that.

Pathetic isn't it? A yellow card collected by the cupid stunt for absolutely no reason. angry.png A clause in the contract re: Salary unpaid coupled with a discretionary fine based on weakening the club's options whilst under suspension would surely stop such infantile displays. Why make such a fuss? Scoring is what we signed him for!

I thought you were staying away Tom?

C'mon Gordon do you not hear any new ones every once in a while? :)

Glad Berg has gone clearly was out of his depth. We need to get someone right in and fast. Not dawdle about.

I personally would guess it would be Sparky as our next manager but Singh should not have anything to do with it as he too ages last time to get the "right" man yet he wasn't actually the "right" man

A quick search shows it was actually 6 games in, but lets not split hairs, you got your wish, now who you going to replace him with?!

Gav, have you got the post where I said after 6 games that he was either resigning or being sacked ?

That is your allegation.

My view all along was that I thought he was the wrong appointment. As I have said before, I wanted to be proved wrong and if had won all 10 games I would have been deliriously happy and the club would have a handful more season ticket holders by now.

As to who I would replace him with - make no mistake, our market is the desperados.

Had a busy day so missed most of the fun and games.

Feel deeply sorry for Berg in a way - was given an opportunity that very, very few thought he would be able to handle.

The one thing that I am still struggling to understand is why the feck is Hendry still on the payroll ? He's was part of the 1st team set-up up to the Blackpool match.

As I have said many times before, IMO, the club is rotten to the core and our status, playing and non playing, reflects the calibre of our owners and operational management.

I have little doubt that Rovers have done, or are now doing, their fishing for Berg's replacement in the pond of no-marks and desperados.

I think we will only ever go forward when we have taken 200 steps backwards. Unfortunately, recovery might not happen in my lifetime.

As for BRAG and the rest, the best thing they can do is now disassociate themselves with Singh and co as Venky's and Singh have, I think, done them up like the proverbial kipper and they have lost any usefulness that they previously had.

Sad times.

We can only hope 1864, the I think we all know in the back of our minds that they're going to Kean it up again....

Venkys out

Singh out

Agnew out

I love the name LoL, very good Gordon.

I could suggest a couple for you also, but I'm not wanting to derail the thread, so lets just say I win.

Happy Christmas by the way, to you and the family.

Thank you Gav, all the very best to you too. :xmas:

Half a dozen times in 7 years ffs? ..... and one of them was a Jim quote!

So anyway Bellamy may I suggest you do a Gav and re-invent yourself as Isaac Hunt? It'd suit you. :P

Would have been more if it had let me quote from locked threads! Anyway just teasing - I'll be back the next time you refer to the England setup as a "nest of vipers"! :P

Not sure I could pull off the Ali G accent, but I'll take the suggestion on board :)

Berg shouldnt be remembered for his poor attempt at manager , there a very few managers who would make a good job of the crap that goes on at our club , but he should be remembered for the fantastic 2 spells at the club which coincided with the best period for us in 100 years , farewell Henning and Good luck i hope you get a decent club next

now on to the next victim .... sorry , manager

Shebby has to resign , Berg was His appointment , he fought Agnew and Shaw for him when they wanted Holloway

Totally agree.

Would have been more if it had let me quote from locked threads! Anyway just teasing - I'll be back the next time you refer to the England setup as a "nest of vipers"! :P

Not sure I could pull off the Ali G accent, but I'll take the suggestion on board :)

Cupid Stunt? Nest of Vipers? Nice to see you hang on my every word! It'll serve you well Bellamy.

Archived