BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg sacked

philipl

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't be bothered reading back through pages and pages on this subject. I just wanted to say that i feel extremely sorry for Henning and despite a poor record his name will not be tainted in my eyes. He was on a hiding to nothing at Rovers and i bet he wishes he hadn't bothered.

Good luck to you Henning. You may have failed but at least you can leave with a little dignity unlike the last incumbent.

Berg will still be a legend here but nobody can argue that he didn't know the score going in. Maybe you could argue he wasn't quite prepared for the circus but he should've trusted his instincts instead of selling out.

Sorry but I can't feel sorry for Berg. He was well-aware of the type of idiots he was getting into business with. It was his choice to 'gamble' and he walks away with a decent pay-off, I assume.

However I do feel personal sorrow at seeing a man who was a very good player for the club, and was one of my Rovers heroes when I was younger, come in with intentions of making a success of the Rovers job and see it come to this.

I don't necessarily think his dismissal is a bad move, I have not felt any confidence whatsoever that he would turn things around. However, once again for me the feeling just can't be avoided that Venkys will only manage to screw things up even worse next. The slow-motion car-crash that is our club seems to be speeding up a bit. In a way I hope the full impact of the crash comes soon....

Mark, surely you can see the nonsense in appointing coaches with no manager. Your buddy glen has agreed on twitter how ridiculous it is. It's an absolute farce. However I stated last time that fans groups should not be involved in the appointment of a manager and I stand by that. It's just a shame that we don't have anyone capable of making a proper decision.

Shebby had an opportunity to put right the mess of the previous appointment. All he had to do was get it right but yet again he's @#/? it up. He has to be the next one out of the door. I'm also amazed that your 10000 members are all happy with Shebby and his actions. They obviously are as you aren't putting any pressure on him, and as you have stated numerous times you represent your members and not the whole fanbase.

Appointing coaches before a manager would be bizarre in the extreme - can't remember it ever happening before.

Obviously it is not confirmed just yet but having Judan Ali as first team coach is insane.

So you are saying you think a coach being appointed as a coach should create as much "fuss" as a coach being appointed as manager?? Why are they unsuitable as coaches?

Not sure how you can post this...the better question is how is Judan Ali qualified to be anything more than a youth coach at best

Shabby wouldn't comment on camera today at ewood but his boys were chomping at the bit....I can just imagining you getting your coat on and scuttling down to ewood to try get on telly to represent your master...brag is a fookin joke...

Ive seen an interview with Shebby posted Sparky.

My personal opinion is that Shebby has a genuine desire to make things better

Then you're a fool.

I have a genuine desire to smash Scarlett Johansson's back door in. In the real world, however, this is meaningless.

Shebby just wants to feel like he's actually involved with football. Something that he has no right to be involved in. He was a sh1te no mark pundit on ESPN that regularly got schooled by people like Steve McMahon and that's the way it should have stayed forever and ever and ever. How can he make things better even if he does have a "genuine desire" to? The guy is a twonk.

I don't know how much longer I can take this circus. If the next managerial appointment is a pathetic one, I can see BRFC moving way down my list of passions to something I think about and go to infrequently. And that's a horrible thing to say, but it saps the will to live.

Nicko has just tweeted me......New manager set to be named has been set-up prior to Berg sacking and will come as a surprise

If it's not MacDonald then maybe it's Hughes and the surprise is Venky's have made a sensible decision for once.......or is that way past wishful thinking?

I could well imagine it bring Hughes and Nicko sniggering about how it's a "surprise for him".

Just listening to the Forest fans saying they wouldn't want Hughes. Interesting to see different views on him.

I think it's fair to say we are the ones with different views to the majority who don't think he's a very good manager at all.

Topman, is that you in the pic?

Was wondering that myself.

My money would be on Hughes. But not all of it. ^_^

Shall I prepare myself for an arsey response from you like last time?

I can't recall what occasion you're referring to......specifically what was said that is.

But any "arsey response" would have been, I imagine, because you started it so as there is nothing wrong with what you said, then there is no need to prepare yourself.

I'm lost for words. There is not much that can be said with this lot is just beyond any sort of sick joke. Coaches first then managers WTF is that. 10 games for Berg gone before he had a chance to change anything in the window. Probably started to tell shebby where to get off. !0 games just think if this lot had been in charge Hughes would never have made it. Two years for shitbag Kean and nothing for Berg. Sad thing is they still won't get it right because the idiot that is pulling all this crap is Singh, he fancies himself a a big time footy man, he needs ran out of town and quick like. We will without doubt hire another puppet. Someone who four eyes can tell who he wants played. Get rid get rid get rid, I wish there was a Chemo we could all take to rid out club of this cancer called Venky's

Then you're a fool.

I have a genuine desire to smash Scarlett Johansson's back door in. In the real world, however, this is meaningless.

An interesting if mysogenistic analogy.

If you had a 'genuine desire' to do that, wouldn't you be doing something to bring it about? Try to mix in her circles, become he stalker, at the very least get off you backside and try to meet her. It sounds more like a fantasy which has no chance of happening - which is presumably (hopefully) the point you were trying to make.

But the difference is that Singh is in a position where he can affect what's happening.

Whilst Singh's motives be in question it's entirely possible that he does want the club to prosper but is incompetent at the role he is being asked to carry out.

Singh should take less of a role, of course, but who would you trust to take over? Agnew? Shaw? We don't have many options. Singh has been and may continue to be a catylist for change - we are still recovering after the damage Kean and co did. What he really needs to do is bring in a chairman worthy of the title and then move on. Maybe give him an honorary title - perhaps Thatcher's - then so long and thanks for all the fish.

Singh's door is always open and he's keen to meet with people? Well, he should walk through it and go and buy John Williams lunch; be open and honest with him and ask his advice. He might just be surprised.

P.S. please don't become Scarlett Johansson's stalker!

If there are any CMs (mods as was) around any chance you can move most of this rubbish to the AG thread, rather than having it clutter up a thread that significant numbers are reading?

I'd do it myself, but sadly some of us are working today:(

(Oh and feel free to remove this post afterwards )

I've just had the misfortune of watching Serbegeth blurt out on SSN that he was too busy entertaining his Malaysian visitors to man up and speak to Henning. Then I read that no-one had the decency to let Black, Mimms and Brunskill know before they set out to take training. I'm disgusted and furious. Where are the manners, where are the morals? If you're man enough to be part of the decision to sack people, have the decency to tell them yourself otherwise it's cowardly in the extreme.

Archived