BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg sacked

philipl

exactly tom-

Dont know if this request or wish can be fulfilled, but is it possible to simply create a brfcag thread and pin it.? it consumes every debate and while im making ´wishes, can you confirm or deny, if this happyclapper is either braddock or this fan forum representative.? The sheer fact that this person is still able to post, is ridiculous. I´ve been in some heated echanges myself and expect this at times when debating, but this is quite clearly a wum

Greco lets get one thing clear here,I am posting an opinion like many others on here and do you think my opinions are more damaging to supporters morale than the constant abuse of manager board members of our club from brag head quarters ? Before you answer this take a long look at mullan and fish's comments on this message board over the last two years!ps I will shut the @#/? up the day these fan base destroyers are removed from ewood!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greco lets get one thing clear here,I am posting an opinion like many others on here and do you think my opinions are more damaging to supporters morale than the constant abuse of manager board members of our club from brag head quarters ? Before you answer this take a long look at mullan and fish's comments on this message board over the last two years!ps I will shut the @#/? up the day these fan base destroyers are removed from ewood!

Why should the rest of us have to put up with your drivel for that long? Haven't you anything else worthwhile to say.

Are all the MODs on holiday?

It wasn't a common sense appointment but is a common sense sacking. Rovers have looked absolutely gutless for the majority of Berg's tenure and results matched the performances. Still, I feel sorry for Berg and won't ever forget all of the good he did for the club. If Holloway or McCarthy were given the job swiftly, we'd be sitting in the top two positions in my opinion. Now, we have players absolutely washed of any desire, rawness, effort or confidence and we are in severe danger of relegation unless the right man is appointed.

I'm going to hold off ranting as much as I want to right now until we appoint someone BUT we missed out on plenty of experienced managers who have hit the ground running elsewhere.

Do I expect a common sense appointment...do I hell.

Berg will still be a legend here but nobody can argue that he didn't know the score going in. Maybe you could argue he wasn't quite prepared for the circus but he should've trusted his instincts instead of selling out.

Very good point. he knew things were bad. Now he knows things are worse than bad. I just hope he speaks out. He was on a hiding to nothing in the managers chair. Not possible when he had singh putting his oar in all the time.

I've just had the misfortune of watching Serbegeth blurt out on SSN that he was too busy entertaining his Malaysian visitors to man up and speak to Henning. Then I read that no-one had the decency to let Black, Mimms and Brunskill know before they set out to take training. I'm disgusted and furious. Where are the manners, where are the morals? If you're man enough to be part of the decision to sack people, have the decency to tell them yourself otherwise it's cowardly in the extreme.
+1

Very poor if that's the way it was done. So did Agnew/Shaw tell them?

I could just imagine how it might have gone: "Shebby say..."

Right now, Dawn, I trust no-one at the club - and certainly not anything 'leaked out'.

This was the one thing I hoped Henning Berg would bring back.

I've just had the misfortune of watching Serbegeth blurt out on SSN that he was too busy entertaining his Malaysian visitors to man up and speak to Henning. Then I read that no-one had the decency to let Black, Mimms and Brunskill know before they set out to take training. I'm disgusted and furious. Where are the manners, where are the morals? If you're man enough to be part of the decision to sack people, have the decency to tell them yourself otherwise it's cowardly in the extreme.

+1

Blackburn are a working class club with working class morals.

This behaviour is the opposite of what every single Rovers fan would consider acceptable.

Even if you think people have done a poor job and need to be fired, you should be able to do it in the correct way.

Shameful !

It sounds more like a fantasy which has no chance of happening - which is presumably (hopefully) the point you were trying to make.

Pretty much. Not the best analogy, I know, but it was late at night and I'd just watched Lost in Translation.

I don't think Shebby wants what's best for Blackburn. He's in this for himself - the long-term future of the club and its supporters don't figure in the equation. If he genuinely had the club's interests at heart, he'd be able to see what he's done to it, he'd acknowledge that he's not the man for the job and he'd fall on his sword. That's what any fan who'd inadvertently contributed to the ruin of his beloved football club would do.

Gamst quoted in VG(Biggest newspaper in Norway) that he didn't feel Berg was "ready for such an appointment", "i thought he would be more like he was as a player, more robust" and "i want a manager like Sam Allardyce or Mark Hughes, someone who's not afraid of speaking their mind"

Some of us said Berg was the wrong man from the start but were shouted down because he was a popular player. I feel sorry for him because I think he genuinely loves the Rovers and his feelings towards the club will now be soured but he should never got near the job in the first place.

Sounds like Berg was not the man many on here hyped him to be. Very much a puppet who did what he was told until sacked. Sad.

Think it's harsh to start laying into Berg. Who actually knows what has been going on behind the scenes? As far as I'm concerned he TRIED to make a difference at a club close to his heart, yes he failed but we have no idea how much rope he had tied round his hands.

• Backroom
Think it's harsh to start laying into Berg. Who actually knows what has been going on behind the scenes? As far as I'm concerned he TRIED to make a difference at a club close to his heart, yes he failed but we have no idea how much rope he had tied round his hands.

Not being harsh, just stating what appears to be the case. From his short tenure it seems apparent he was not the no-nonsense, tough-talking, astute person he was made out to be. Instead it seems he was an introverted, shy, easily-controlled puppet that allowed Shebby Singh influence in important areas (didn't Singh confirm on the radio he had input into tactics/team selection) and never gained the respect or belief of the players.

I respect Henning for all he did for us as a player, and I'm sure he came here with the right intentions - but after his words in the summer he should never have taken the job. He should have taken his own advice and come nowhere near the club.

I think he failed just because his hands were tied. infact to say HE failed, is probable wrong. But others failed HIM at the club.

You only have to look at how bergs and the other coaching staff sacking were conducted. Others did the dirty work. singh not even spoken to Berg or the others. More concerned with his guest from malaysia.

Singh is not even liked in malaysia. I have friends and family over there, as well as in Singapore. Folk used to turn the sound down when his pathetic pundit stuff came on.

Gamst quoted in VG(Biggest newspaper in Norway) that he didn't feel Berg was "ready for such an appointment", "i thought he would be more like he was as a player, more robust" and "i want a manager like Sam Allardyce or Mark Hughes, someone who's not afraid of speaking their mind"

Why the bloody hell won't he play for any of them then?

:angry2:

Say what you like about Pedersen but you've got to admire his nerve. The bloke has more front than Blackpool promenade. If he and a few other of the players had made a bit more of an effort when given their chance maybe Berg would still be in a job today.

"I didn't like what he was saying so I didn't really bother putting the effort in."

Give me strength. Could ANY manager get a tune out of some of these players?

For me the sacking of Berg after such a short period of time adds further mystery to the fact that Kean wasn't sacked despite going on similar runs of poor results. I long stopped trying to second guess what the Venky's might do next but I always believed they where in favour of the long-term approach of keeping the same man in charge. All this just adds weight to the numerous rumours about shifty going-ons behind the scenes.

I do feel a little sorry for Berg, I know we weren't exactly playing well under his leadership but he did at least show signs of trying to improve things a little. The first game away to Palace can sort of be written off because he'd only just taken charge, the Huddersfield game we played well and should have won but for a silly loss of possession late on (Rosado wasn't it). Then the home game against Birmingham was in my opinion the best football we've played all season but we could only manage a point despite dominating. Next the away game and comfortable win against Peterborough give us all hope that we could start to push on up the table. After that game is where things started to go wrong. Although you can look at certain points and say we where perhaps a little unlucky in some of the game, it took a couple of wonder strikes for Millwall to beat us, Formica's shocking miss against Cardiff that would have put us ahead, Vuckevic hitting of the post against Blackpool which again would have put us in front and changed the game completely.

All if's and but's I know but it does highlight the sort of margins on which football can be decided on. Granted the level of performances haven't been good enough and we all expected better. But you would have thought Berg would have at least been giving till the end of the season and the January transfer window to try and put his imprint on the team. A long-term fix was needed after what has happened over the last few years, Berg was always a risky option with him not being that experienced as a manager. I hope we go for someone a little more safe and experienced next but given that Shebby Singh last time insisted that we where looking for "the next big thing" I shall not be holding my breath.

The problem is that those improved performances were our "new manager bubble", something that usually yields more than 2 draws and a win against the worst team in the league. Since posh i would say that Berg has totally lost the dressing room, has no clue about tactics and was making us worse for every game. Whatever the situation, he was the manager and was failing miserably to manage. I mean take away the sentimentality and he compares unfavourably to both Ince and Kean... :wacko:

Still 3 years base salary for 2 months work is "nice work if you can get it" :tu:

I feel a bit sorry for Berg in all of this, though the right decision for him to go as long as the new person coming in is right. I will remember him for his playing career at Ewood, not a 10 match spell as manager. Think he genuinely wanted to help us out and be successful and that's reflected in his statement via the LMA. It was also nice to see him thanking the fans pretty much first and foremost and he will always be right about one thing: "a name on the back of the shirt isn't the most important thing, the club is" - need some of that passion on and off the pitch!

hopefully we'll get a new manager before the window shuts...mind you knowing venkys we'll probably get one on February 1st.

All part of the plan if you ask me. Berg had probably already told Shebby to sod off and here's the list of players I want. Shebby thought @#/? this I'm in charge, you are fired.

I feel a bit sorry for Berg in all of this, though the right decision for him to go as long as the new person coming in is right. I will remember him for his playing career at Ewood, not a 10 match spell as manager. Think he genuinely wanted to help us out and be successful and that's reflected in his statement via the LMA. It was also nice to see him thanking the fans pretty much first and foremost and he will always be right about one thing: "a name on the back of the shirt isn't the most important thing, the club is" - need some of that passion on and off the pitch!

i'd bet my arse on it not being, we all know that.

All part of the plan if you ask me. Berg had probably already told Shebby to sod off and here's the list of players I want. Shebby thought @#/? this I'm in charge, you are fired.

i'd bet my arse on it not being, we all know that.

I agree with you but I think you'll struggle to find a bookmakers willing to take 'your arse' as a stake.

Archived