BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg sacked

philipl

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was obvious ( even to venkys by now surely) that a complete clearing of the decks on the coaching side was required.
So this does not mean that hughes and co are being lined up, though I really hope they are!!!!!

Sad day for Berg, but I will always remember him as a great player and servant for our club.

This has been on the cards for weeks.

The coaches have gone (not Hendry!!), so hopefully this indicates a manager and his own team coming in.

Singh will not be sacked, I'm sure of that.

I am not confident we will make a decent appointment.

I'm not surprised in the least by the sacking of Berg. His appointment was a totally botched job. There was no clear process or understanding of who was wanted or needed by those in charge and in the end we got a Rovers legend, who had limited experience at a much lower level of football. Shebby obviously thought that getting someone like Berg in would appease the fans and would fit his ridiculous notion of having a new Mourinho.

Berg had every right to take the job. It turns out he wasn't very good at it. I think a lot of us hoped he would be a good appointment rather than knowing that he was a good appointment. The fact is that Kean and Black got more out of this team that Berg did. If Berg and the coaches get sacked, then Shebby has to have someone lined up with a set of coaches to come in. I would want Hughes and his team. I remember when he got the job in the first place and we weren't going well, that the first thing he did was increase our fitness levels and make us hard to beat. That's the first thing that needs to be done by the new manager whoever he is.

As for the owners, what can you say about them? I would love just to have 10 minutes with them. I wouldn't shout and I wouldn't swear, I would just lay down the fact that ever since they have taken over every decision they have made on the footballing side of things has been the wrong one. From the sacking of Allardyce, to the hiring of Steve Kean, to ignoring the advice of our experienced administrators like Williams and Finn who then resigned, to sticking by Kean which lead to our relegation, to the hiring of Shebby Singh who then choose Berg as the new manager, it has all been wrong and they are solely to blame.

That must mean that Shebby is in charge on Saturday, that would mean 5 managers in half a season when we get someone else in. Classic. Let's just pray that someone else is lined up and it's not another circus stretching right over the January window.

What, get results?

Same team Kean and Black got decent results from, I like Berg but clear he was/is not up to the job.

i cant remember ever agreeing with you imy, but this is spot on. Kean, black and berg worked under the same clueless owners, the same retarded global advisor and were all working in the same enviroment, when it comes to the club politics or should i label it as club chaos.

Kean was and still is a disgrace, lucky or not, his results were way better then bergs. If any manager is in a position, where they are compared to kean in a manager contest, they are already a loser in my book. Not only that, but also losing in the contest against kean, well that takes it to a whole new level.

Black showed some good tendencies, according to the general consensus and got some okay results

Berg , well no explaination needed.

Now to my Gav impersonation, If any of you @#/?wits in charge read this, im not asking for kean back, im asking for all of you imbeciles to @#/? off.

Anything is possible in football but I cannot see Singh and Hughes working together......

The removal of coaching staff days before a match says that the new man has been approached, laid the law down and got his way.

If that assumption is correct then hopefully it's a step in the right direction of how a club should be ran. And if Hughes has had those assurances why not?

I can't see any other reason. If they were getting someone in already at the club in they would have kept Black and co.

The removal of coaching staff days before a match says that the new man has been approached, laid the law down and got his way.

If that assumption is correct then hopefully it's a step in the right direction of how a club should be ran. And if Hughes has had those assurances why not?

I can't see any other reason. If they were getting someone in already at the club in they would have kept Black and co.

I really hope you're right.

Right decision, doubtless for the wrong reasons.

Can't see Hughes returning. In fact UI can't see any manager worth their salt wanting to take the job.

Very strange that Hendry went into the reserves not long ago, thereby making himself bomb-proof.

My money's on Singh as caretaker manager. The hypothesis is that he's saved his skin with some bS anhas said that he can do better,

Archived