BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg sacked

philipl

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nixon saying British manager that is currently out of work?

Souness! (I wish)

I could well imagine it bring Hughes and Nicko sniggering about how it's a "surprise for him".

Just listening to the Forest fans saying they wouldn't want Hughes. Interesting to see different views on him.

Firstly, Kean walked - nobody got rid of him. Secondly, many employment contracts have a probation period during which an employee can be let go without any right to compensation. I'm not sure if this is the case with football managers, but if it is then relieving Berg of his duties would have been an easy, costless decision.

I know how employment law works mate and it does in some circumstances apply within football. Kean walked, but was clearly pushed as his position became untenable with the influence of Shebby. My point is that since Shebby has been at the club, kean only got 14 games and not 2 years and therefore it's a silly question asking why there is such a big difference in the length of time it took to force out/sack the 2 respective managers, because the answer lies write in front of us all. Mr Celebrity.

It isn't Hughes.

Spill.

Amazed that he has got sacked, don`t actually know if I agree with decision or not, Thing is should he have been left to rebuild team ? but there again judging by the performances of late. Also why did they not sack all the backroom staff when he came in? that to me didn`t make sense. They should have had a completely new start then. The one thing that I am happy about is they seem to have learnt from past experience and ended the slide quickly. Now let`s hope they have learnt as well about manager recruitment.

Archived