BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Blame Game

ABBEY

see above, move on and focus on the problem as it is now, you can't reverse the sale, when the trust sold us we were in good shape

I thought this was "who do you blame for the mess we're in"? Not, who do you like the least.

I thought this was "who do you blame for the mess we're in"? Not, who do you like the least.

It is and the blame is 100% with the venkys

Who is to say the Trust wasn't egregriously misled?

Possibility

Obviously they were. Venky's gave assurances that they didn't keep.

That is the crux, they have made a complete cock up of running one of the best clubs in the league

they passed whatever tests and things they had to. Its like if you sold your house ,you can sell who you want to and its jack @#/? what alterations they do to it.

Who is to say the Trust wasn't egregriously misled?

thats it though ,they were and its nothing to do with them now.

It is and the blame is 100% with the venkys

I seem to recall the Trust 'loaning' the club £3m ever season to cover losses. When they sold the club, they had a cash deal plus taking on the clubs debts. I read that as the Trust getting back all of the money they put in. So what legacy did they leave the club with? A set of donkeys as the new custodians - and some supposed covenants that they appear to have reneged on. Yet what have they done about it? Probably not even watched. Everything else that we have as a club is part of Jack Walker's legacy and not the trustees.

They even turned down people who wanted to make a go of the club some years prior, Rovers fans we are led to believe - presumably because the trustees were asking for too much money.

Venkys always said they were in it for the advertising, it would have been better all round if they had just sponsored the shirts and stadium for £3m per season (back when we were a respectable PL club).

But the Trust made out like they were doing the club a favour. No way are they blameless.

It's all make dos and never minds now though, eh?

they passed whatever tests and things they had to. Its like if you sold your house ,you can sell who you want to and its jack @#/? what alterations they do to it.

I'm really tired of this argument, Abs. They didn't buy a house, they bought a part of the town, and an historic, cultural centre of the town at that. They may as well have bought the town hall and turned it into a block of flats.

Who was it who appointed Voldemort to find a buyer, who already had one in his portfolio? And how much did they pay? The Trust didn't just sell the club they sold out on it.

Those that sold it should have known better. But I'm not convinced they care much for the town either. The town that their family fortune was built on.

Obviously they were. Venky's gave assurances that they didn't keep.

so in that case why did the Trust not enforce the warranties supposedly given in the sale agreement and take the Club back off Venkys.Because they didnt want the Club at any price , thats feckin why.And Uncle Jack must be spinning god bless him.He has been so massively let down by the Trust and his family .,

I have no doubt that a Burnley fan couldn't have run the club any worse than they have, but the Trustee's sold us up the river here and there's no hiding from it. Surprised you can't see it.

I've given this some thought - truthfully the mess that has been made is far beyond the realms of anything that any Burnley fan I know would ever have dreamed possible, even if we often dreamed a scenario this woeful for you we never in our wildest imaginings thought it would actually happen.

I've given this some thought - truthfully the mess that has been made is far beyond the realms of anything that any Burnley fan I know would ever have dreamed possible, even if we often dreamed a scenario this woeful for you we never in our wildest imaginings thought it would actually happen.

You must be pi$$ing yourself at this farce Longsiders!

Well yes I have done, then I hear rumours we are about to get some Russian money, circa 40 million the rumours say, and part of me thinks great because the current board don't have the cash to invest but a big part of me screams 'Portsmouth, Venkys and (I suspect next) Forest'. Must be sign of my age that I'm viewing any story of foreign investment into my club, when we so desperately need it, with a very watchful brief

The nameless one who persuaded Venkys to sack Mr Proven Allardyce and replace him with Mr Unknown Kean. That should go down as one of the worst decisions in the history of the Premier League. .

Definitely, but he'd have surely gone to another club by now of his own volition. Good managers are scarce and don't need to take the sh1t that working for the Venky's would have involved.

Archived