BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fan Groups

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be the first to admit I criticised BRFCAG's methods in the early days and still feel the same; however it's much better if everyone, whether affiliated to a group or not, to agree to disagree and let each and everyone of the fans do what they want. Whether that be join a group or not. It's getting very, very tiresome reading the same things over and over again on a few threads on here.

I agree Jimmy

Too busy making yourself look somewhat pathetic by mocking the loon. My question was clear enough in the original post but I will try and make it even more so: what mandate did you get from your members to switch from campaigning for Venky's out to working with them?

I apologise for mocking the loon, I will always respond to a serious post as best I can.

I will be the first to admit I criticised BRFCAG's methods in the early days and still feel the same; however it's much better if everyone, whether affiliated to a group or not, to agree to disagree and let each and everyone of the fans do what they want. Whether that be join a group or not. It's getting very, very tiresome reading the same things over and over again on a few threads on here.

I can't agree with this.

We have two individuals - Glen Mullan and Mark Fish - who the national media seem to think represent all of us as a body of fans. They both ponced around radio and TV interviews yesterday, but what ticket got them there?

The ticket of generating mass protest against Kean AND Venkys. That got dialogue with Shebby Singh and suddenly the individuals above did a 180 degree U turn and jumped into bed with the Global Advisor. To the extent that Glen Mullan took to the internet a few days ago with a blistering (and potentially libellous) attack on Paul Agnew.

We all know there is a civil war going on in Pune and Ewood - there has been since these people bought the club - but to have two jumped up BRAG people chucking fuel on the fire on the back of the goodwill of fans who joined their original protests to oust Shebby's paymasters is just wrong.

On another thread tonight, Glen Mullan has boasted about giving "both barrels" to Shebby Singh tonight, and "talking directly to India" ... again one assumes on the back of massive and immediate BRAG member input following recent events. I wonder what "both barrels" really entailed? And why does Glen Mullan think he's in a position to give "both barrels" to anyone employed by Blackburn Rovers anyway, be that Shebby Singh or the cleaner who hoovers the BRAG walk-in centre?

Then a few posts up from this one, another BRAG committee member mentions asking their members on their forum (about Rovers Trust) and getting a "resounding no".

Resounding? The BRAG forum currently has "108 posts in 60 topics made by 352 members". "Latest post by Mark Fish on December 19th".

That's hardly showing an active engagement from 10000 die hard BRAG members is it? It certainly isn't resounding on any subject, let alone a mandate to be actively trying to influence the political infighting at our football club. Perhaps they've all been to the walk-in centre rather than engaging via the internet.

But then add to that what IS on the website - and you have 8 overseas BRAG leaders slagging off Venkys in their personal statements. It really seems that Glen Mullan and Mark Fish are completely out of control and don't represent anybody other than themselves.

So no - I will not stand by and let these particular people "do what they want". They are playing merry hell with our football club in an already desperately chaotic situation, based on nothing more than their own warped judgement and one might suspect for some sort of personal gain. Where that gain could potentially be coming from is even more worrying.

All these protest groups are like aload of boring students.

If someone is p!ssing you off you either walk away or you smash them in the face. Dont go and have a fecking meeting about it.

Never Trust A Hippie

I can't agree with this.

We have two individuals - Glen Mullan and Mark Fish - who the national media seem to think represent all of us as a body of fans. They both ponced around radio and TV interviews yesterday, but what ticket got them there?

The ticket of generating mass protest against Kean AND Venkys. That got dialogue with Shebby Singh and suddenly the individuals above did a 180 degree U turn and jumped into bed with the Global Advisor. To the extent that Glen Mullan took to the internet a few days ago with a blistering (and potentially libellous) attack on Paul Agnew.

We all know there is a civil war going on in Pune and Ewood - there has been since these people bought the club - but to have two jumped up BRAG people chucking fuel on the fire on the back of the goodwill of fans who joined their original protests to oust Shebby's paymasters is just wrong.

On another thread tonight, Glen Mullan has boasted about giving "both barrels" to Shebby Singh tonight, and "talking directly to India" ... again one assumes on the back of massive and immediate BRAG member input following recent events. I wonder what "both barrels" really entailed? And why does Glen Mullan think he's in a position to give "both barrels" to anyone employed by Blackburn Rovers anyway, be that Shebby Singh or the cleaner who hoovers the BRAG walk-in centre?

Then a few posts up from this one, another BRAG committee member mentions asking their members on their forum (about Rovers Trust) and getting a "resounding no".

Resounding? The BRAG forum currently has "108 posts in 60 topics made by 352 members". "Latest post by Mark Fish on December 19th".

That's hardly showing an active engagement from 10000 die hard BRAG members is it? It certainly isn't resounding on any subject, let alone a mandate to be actively trying to influence the political infighting at our football club. Perhaps they've all been to the walk-in centre rather than engaging via the internet.

But then add to that what IS on the website - and you have 8 overseas BRAG leaders slagging off Venkys in their personal statements. It really seems that Glen Mullan and Mark Fish are completely out of control and don't represent anybody other than themselves.

So no - I will not stand by and let these particular people "do what they want". They are playing merry hell with our football club in an already desperately chaotic situation, based on nothing more than their own warped judgement and one might suspect for some sort of personal gain. Where that gain could potentially be coming from is even more worrying.

+1

I can't agree with this.

I can't agree with this.

I can see your points however I just feel its best just to leave it. Glen and Mark will do what they will do. Getting wound up over other people's actions was one of my biggest problems but now I just look after me, myself and I. It's not worth it. There is much much more to life than Blackburn Rovers is what I was trying to get at. All this mudslinging on forums such as this has to stop. Nobody comes out of it looking good!

<If you mean would I like Venkys to sell up, then yes if a viable buyer came along with the necessary funds to run the club, until that day happens Venkys own the club whether the fans like it or not. > pk1875

Surely Rovers fans don't have to wait for 'a viable buyer' and passively accept Venkys tenure in the meanwhile? Is 'action group' a misnomer then (seems so, with their apparent conversion by guru Shebby)?

I'm astounded that no BRFCAG rep/spokesperson has felt capable of responding to iamarover's devastating and accurate critique earlier in this thread.

<If you mean would I like Venkys to sell up, then yes if a viable buyer came along with the necessary funds to run the club, until that day happens Venkys own the club whether the fans like it or not. > pk1875

Surely Rovers fans don't have to wait for 'a viable buyer' and passively accept Venkys tenure in the meanwhile? Is 'action group' a misnomer then (seems so, with their apparent conversion by guru Shebby)?

I'm astounded that no BRFCAG rep/spokesperson has felt capable of responding to iamarover's devastating and accurate critique earlier in this thread.

What exactly do you think BRFCAG should do? Do they have the money to buy the club? What do you think anyone can do without the money? 1. Not go to home and away games is the best you can do, if you indeed want Venky's out. If you have any other suggestions, they would be welcome.

Is an hysterical rant containing personal insults from the other side of the world worth responding to. No.

I can't agree with this.

. Well said and written! This is exactly what I wanted to post but do not have the neccessary grammar to do so!

As it happens it was on the Facebook forum, and was used purely to gauge opinion, we will Back the Trust officially if the membership vote shows that is what the people we represent want.

You do understand that when Whiskas say 8 out of 10 cat owners, they haven't actually asked every cat owner, they have asked the opinion of a cross section of cat owners.

Roverzee I can assure their is no personal gain and wild insinuations of that kind, should not be made unless you are going to back them up.

As it happens it was on the Facebook forum, and was used purely to gauge opinion, we will Back the Trust officially if the membership vote shows that is what the people we represent want.

You do understand that when Whiskas say 8 out of 10 cat owners, they haven't actually asked every cat owner, they have asked the opinion of a cross section of cat owners.

Roverzee I can assure their is no personal gain and wild insinuations of that kind, should not be made unless you are going to back them up.

Regarding The Trust and this vote you'll finally be having with your 9000 members, will the results be published on here? Also, when are you having this vote? Anytime soon? Finally is it possible for individuals to be members of BRAG and The Trust regardless of this vote? Or would that be frowned upon?

The voting slips along with the trust literature has started going out this week, once the results are known then we will either officially back the trust or not.

Yes its possible to be a member of both, I would imagine that some are members of both. Why would it be frowned upon? The committee has included no input on this vote, the packs include literature provided by the trust and a voting slip.

I can't agree with this.

Quote= So no - I will not stand by and let these particular people "do what they want".

So you will slag off other fans like Glen Mullen and Mark Fish (who I don't know by the way) who are at least trying to salvage something from this sorry mess, but not the Venky's who are the real villains that are "playing merry hell with our football club".

If you vented you spleen at the Venky's who "do what they want” instead of people who are hurting at seeing their club being destroyed, your time would be better spent!

I AM MATES WITH PEOPLE ON ALL SIDES OF ALL THIS ...A PLEA,

LETS STOP ALL THIS COCK WAVING ON ALL SIDES AND GET BACK TO BEING ROVERS FANS AND DRIVE THESE IDIOTS OUT WHO OWN US.

THEY WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.

Nice one Shaun, couldn't agree more.

And whilst agreeing with ABBEY everyone must see that the whole future of the Club now depends on a few local millionaires/venture capitalists coupled with 100% support for the Trust.

It is now about a 'safety net" not communication with Owners and their acolytes who do not understand football management. End of...

The voting slips along with the trust literature has started going out this week, once the results are known then we will either officially back the trust or not.

Yes its possible to be a member of both, I would imagine that some are members of both. Why would it be frowned upon? The committee has included no input on this vote, the packs include literature provided by the trust and a voting slip.

We applaud the fact that the Rovers Trust leaflets will finally be delivered with the membership packs. However to say that the committee has had no input on the vote is incorrect. The 3 main vocal committee members, GM, MF and PK have all publicly stated via numerous media and social media platforms on numerous occasions that they don't support Rovers Trust. How therefore there can be an independent vote when members are being asked to vote on a subject that the main committee members have already stated they don't support is unfair.

I am a member of BRAG as is a number of other Rovers Trust members and committee members. We would obviously like support for our cause of trying to protect the history and future of our club from all supporter groups but we obviously respect their own individual rights and decisions. The official support from BRFCS of Rovers Trust means a great deal to the hard working committee members and we will always respect everyone's individual views.

The aim of Rovers Trust is to own a share of our club so that we can have a voice at the top table. This is the mandate of Supporters Direct. A government backed scheme that currently supports >200 other official trusts in the UK. Surely we can't all be wrong ??

Wayne I'am sure that you will acknowledge the Action Group did a lot of footwork in supporting and promoting the original concept that you had with the Trust. As you state some of the committee members have since had a change of heart with regards to the Trust as it is now. The reasons for this are not for discussion on a public forum as this only attracts negative attention on both groups. When we post on various social network sites, it is as an individual and not an official group statement. All official group statements go through our website.

I know many of our members have signed up and pledged to the trust, as indeed have many of my close friends. We have deliberately put only literature that the trust provided regarding the vote, so as to let our members make their own informed decision based on what they read. If the members vote to back the trust then The Action Group will indeed publicly back the trust.

Despite my personal views I applaud the Trusts intentions for the long term good of the club, I also applaud the hard work and professional approach that we see from many of the Trust committee.

We are all Rovers supporters and all want a prosperous football club for future generations of our families to love and cherish as we do now.

Thanks for your reply Paul. When you post as individuals you have the BRAG emblem as your avatar so people will automatically think/associate that has being an official statement. This is the reality of being a committee member. Anybody following on twitter or reading posts by the committee members of BRAG will be fully aware of the views of the 3 most influential and vocal members of BRAG and therefore will be swayed accordingly. That is ultimately a matter of fact.

I fully agree with your final statement. That is the whole reason we have all got involved at all levels.

Archived