BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby or Shaw

208 members have voted

1. 1. Shebby or Shaw / rock or hard place!

• Shebby
    • Shaw / Agnew

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's becoming fairly clear that the Appleton appointment was done at Venky's level, with Shaw being told to handle things at this end once the decision had been made, even Shaw's daughter tweeted that Appleton wasn't his choice.

This does not mean that there is anything dodgy in this, Venky's have lots of different advisors who they choose to listen to. However, the authorities will want to look at things if it comes out that this deal was done days before official permission was granted, but nen again this kinda thing is common with the game.

Right so if the best advice to hand is to approach an inexperienced manager reputedly on a 100k pa rolling 12 month contract with a 2.5 year deal at quadruple the remuneration then they need to have a major re-think on who they listen to. It's just throwing good money after bad.

Out of interest, what brought you to the conclusion that this company are 'the cream of the crop' and 'top notch'?

Nothing on their site really stands out to me - have I missed something?

Did some research into them and spoke to a few people who know of them, whilst quite a lot of information regarding them and their main people on the net too

PAPR was wound up wasn't it ?

Unsure as the staff from that company office out of Ewood

Did some research into them and spoke to a few people who know of them, whilst quite a lot of information regarding them and their main people on the net too

Unsure as the staff from that company office out of Ewood

I work in London with a fella who has good first hand knowledge of them and he has a different opinion.

They're a PR firm, of course what's out there in cyberspace about them will be positive, that's their ruddy job!

As for the point about having perfectly good legal representation in any libel or other action, so had The Sun (v Elton John), News International (v everyone)

Some perfectly good lawyer loses every case that goes all the way you know. And it isn't life or death for them, that's the game!

:lol:

Loving the uproar about MG stating it was a done deal before it went public. As if that's never happened before lol. I seem to remember Phil Jones slipping up and recounting the time he was on holiday and got a call from a certain Sir Alex whilst he was still under contract to us. Do you also believe that in the good old days Sav wasn't tapped up by us??

It's all part and parcel of what goes on. There are many many things to slam Venkys over, this isn't one of them.

I'm guessing even though Appletons move was agreed between everybody in principal days before, rovers still had to later openely officially make an approach to trigger the release clause in Appletons Blackpool contract that allowed him to leave if he received a better(higher paid) job offer.

(Or something along those lines, nothing that doesnt happen at every over club in the land on aweekly basis)

Archived