BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby or Shaw

208 members have voted

1. 1. Shebby or Shaw / rock or hard place!

• Shebby
    • Shaw / Agnew

For all Shebbys sins.. Agnew is the standout bad guy for me

1 - Someone at Ewood was advising Venkys from day one

2 - He got promoted from part time contractor (who never in many years at the club was ever offered a perm role) to director as one by one the proper people at the club leave

3 - His quotes about fans

4 - His quotes about Kean

5 - Someone has been leaking pro-kean and now anti shebby stuff to the press for the duration of Venkys ownership.

OK people talk about the damage Shebby has done to the club but he did help a fair bit in getting rid of Kean, he communicates with the fans openly, helped in securing finances for players (Rhodes et al) so at least not all of what he has done at our club is bad.. I can't think of a SINGLE thing that Agnew has been involved in that is remotely positive.

Singh might be a muppet but at least he is openly a fool rather than a backstabbing slimey weasel.

Given the choice I would have none of them, singh would be fine advising in Asia etc.. but should not be near decision making at the club, Shaw is a puppet but Agnew has done the greatest long term damage and should be removed now.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Spoke to Alan Nixon yesterday who categorically stated that PA has never leakedhim any stories with regards Rovers..... mmm

Kind of a pointless question to ask as Nixon would never admit it even if true. Besides of which, the story doesn't have to come directly from Agnew to still be heavily influenced by him or Shaw.

For all Shebbys sins.. Agnew is the standout bad guy for me

1 - Someone at Ewood was advising Venkys from day one

2 - He got promoted from part time contractor (who never in many years at the club was ever offered a perm role) to director as one by one the proper people at the club leave

3 - His quotes about fans

4 - His quotes about Kean

5 - Someone has been leaking pro-kean and now anti shebby stuff to the press for the duration of Venkys ownership.

OK people talk about the damage Shebby has done to the club but he did help a fair bit in getting rid of Kean, he communicates with the fans openly, helped in securing finances for players (Rhodes et al) so at least not all of what he has done at our club is bad.. I can't think of a SINGLE thing that Agnew has been involved in that is remotely positive.

Singh might be a muppet but at least he is openly a fool rather than a backstabbing slimey weasel.

Given the choice I would have none of them, singh would be fine advising in Asia etc.. but should not be near decision making at the club, Shaw is a puppet but Agnew has done the greatest long term damage and should be removed now.

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

Can anyone actually tell me what Agnew does these days? he's not a footballing man, he was often refered to as the worst press officer in the premiership, but what does he do?

He needs removing asap.

Any negativy towards Shebby will pretty much go away IF he gets the right manager in, his rovers future is in his own hands now.

If he was to pull a rabbit out of the hat like Hughes you could be right, but the man isn't capable of doing that I'm afraid.

We’ll get a failed second or third rate manager for a second or third rated club, thats how far we’ve fallen under those idiots in Pune.

cant believe how the tide has turned on this poll, having listened to the fool on 606, how have people all of a sudden changed their views, madness

I think peoples view is slightly more enlightened/informed now than it was when the poll was initially put up, Also people are slating singh for the 606 call, though board members/directors/chairmen/Global advisors( :rock: ) of other clubs regularly make fools of themselves in public(mike ashley/delia smith/Mohamed Al-Fayed and prob many other lower profile ones)

• Backroom
I think peoples view is slightly more enlightened/informed now than it was when the poll was initially put up, Also people are slating singh for the 606 call, though board members/directors/chairmen/Global advisors( :rock: ) of other clubs regularly make fools of themselves in public(mike ashley/delia smith/Mohamed Al-Fayed and prob many other lower profile ones)

Bit of a stretch to say any of the above named make a fool of themselves "on a regular basis". Most are in the background most of the time, and every so often make an ill-advised jump into public spotlight. Singh on the other hand seems to do or say something cringeworthy every day.

Bit of a stretch to say any of the above named make a fool of themselves "on a regular basis". Most are in the background most of the time, and every so often make an ill-advised jump into public spotlight. Singh on the other hand seems to do or say something cringeworthy every day.

But there is nobody else at the club willing to put themselves out there, ive noticed in the past Shebby has taken a bit of a back seat and gone quiet when hes had chance, once Berg came in Singh seemed to step back until the day he was sacked and earlier in the season after his turn at the open fan Q&A meeting he went quiet for a while until after Kean left and the new manager hunt/farce started.

Spoke to Alan Nixon yesterday who categorically stated that PA has never leaked

him any stories with regards Rovers..... mmm

He - or anyone else at the club - would have to be very careless to leak anything directly.to a journalist. All leaks must surely go via a third party.

The question I have is...Why for all those years under John Williams and Tom Finn did Agnew get nowhere? Yet, he has shot up under Venkys/Kean, his influence increasing before JW/TF left and then snowballing?

It seems the worse we do, the more his influence rises...At least with us doing poorly, it all reflects on Singh. He HAS to improve us, or he is the visible figure that will come in for all the stick.

At least Singh is accountable in some way, via the media. The others carry on regardless.

You reckon?

After 2 years of incompetence in the dugout, it would be the first huge step in the right direction we have seen under the Rao years.

I wouldn´t hold your breath, though.

cant believe how the tide has turned on this poll, having listened to the fool on 606, how have people all of a sudden changed their views, madness

Some fans have memories longer than just the last 6 months.

This club has been rotten at the core since long before Shebby started opening his gob to all and sundry.

..and you actually think he would tell you elsewise!

well someone is giving the papers this stuff. If it is inside the club, it is destroying what little credibility we have left. interestingly the players have kept quiet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2255191/Blackburn-Rovers-crisis-players-revolt-Shebby-Singh-pressure.html

A journo is never going to name his sources but just because he says they didn't come directly from him doesn't mean they don't come from him via someone else. Regarding the poll we have to remember as has been mentioned that the rubbish has been going on long before this buffoon turned up. It all goes back to Kean&co

and if all the sh'te hadn't been whipped up in the first place then we probably wouldn't have Shebby here, sent by the owners to sort it out. Back to source, Shaw was got in via Agnew to be a Kean & co allie so he has to go first !

I wonder how long Shebby's fans will play the 'He got rid of Kean' card.

We've really prospered since that move, haven't we?

So do we assume you want Kean back then Topman? taking into account our lack of prosperity since he left?

So do we assume you want Kean back then Topman? taking into account our lack of prosperity since he left?

My, what skills of deduction.

...I'm saying that getting rid of Kean was only half the equation. He's gone on to make the club into an even bigger shambles since then.

My, what skills of deduction.

...I'm saying that getting rid of Kean was only half the equation. He's gone on to make the club into an even bigger shambles since then.

My, what a prickly little sod you've become of late.

Getting rid of Kean was a major step in the right direction, you're right we've not moved on since he left, but he needed to go, even if only for my sanity.

I wonder how long Shebby's fans will play the 'He got rid of Kean' card.

We've really prospered since that move, haven't we?

"Fans" are they, eh? Team Shebby goes from strength to strength, now beating out Team Agnew/Shaw in the not-quite-as-unpopular-as-other-option stakes. Thanks for pointing that out. I thought the "rock or hard place!" idiom summed up our situation quite well, but perhaps not.

In reality, we are screwed whoever wins this power game.

Perhaps the real choice is Stabbed in the Back or Death by a Thousand Cuts...

Archived