BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Stuart

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Bowyer more than just a coach though? Hasn't he proven he has tactical know-how in the reserves?

Also I'm not sure the turn would be the same now after all we've been through - and without any 'baggage'. People didn't turn on Berg, to be fair.

The majority of fans want an experienced hand back at the helm, I understand that results are all that matters but we have had 2 failed experiments now and it really isnt the time for another inexperienced manager, if Bowyer got the job and things went sour there would still be the same old conspiracy theories, same old panic when we drop a few points, fans heads will go down because they will worry than an inexperienced man would not have the gumption to turn it around.

He took training for one day and got a win against a bad team and I am happy he is at the club but that does not make him a credible applicant for the managers job in my opinion.

Gary is a genuinely nice bloke who did an excellent job with the Under-18's and is now doing a superb job bringing the youngsters on in the Reserves. I really wouldn't wish working with Shebby on anyone, least of all Gary. I was very pleased for him today as he's a real football man which makes him a rarity at Ewood Park these days!

Natural order then PB? If he's brought through these young lads, maybe it could work for him to see them right to the first team.

Maybe in a Shebby-less parallel universe somewhere, eh...?

I really don't know if Gary would want the top job. When I look at some of the names that are being linked he certainly couldn't do any worse. I think he could do a decent job coaching at senior level but I think this job needs an old head with plenty of experience. Like Henning, Gary is a decent guy and the folk he would have to work with are - well they are what they are.

Ive stood behind Bowyer durinng many u21 games and he is certainly not a tactician or a guy Id want in charge.

Good guy I've been told Sparky, same with Terry McPhillips. And for that reason I hope they don't get involved and go quietly back to their day jobs before its to late.

No doubt he has achieved a lot with the youth and reserves if anything over achieved but we need someone who can steady the club aswel as the team.
Over achievement is Blackburn Rovers secret middle name.

And his success with the younger players just makes me think even more that he could be the man to steer the likes of Hanley, Henley, etc.

I wonder if he is ambitious? I take the point about him bring a nice guy and not wanting him sacked as a result of failing with the first team but doesn't everyone get involved in football to reach the highest level?

It'll be interesting to see how we play on Tuesday - if Bowyer is still in charge at that point.

Over achievement is Blackburn Rovers secret middle name.

And his success with the younger players just makes me think even more that he could be the man to steer the likes of Hanley, Henley, etc.

I wonder if he is ambitious? I take the point about him bring a nice guy and not wanting him sacked as a result of failing with the first team but doesn't everyone get involved in football to reach the highest level?

It'll be interesting to see how we play on Tuesday - if Bowyer is still in charge at that point.

Its a big ask to step up, is it a risk we need to take at this moment, possibly a good first team coach to help the young lads through, he needs to move one step at a time and then we would also have a ready made caretaker manager on board. I saw Bowyer do well with the under 18s and he seems to have kicked on with the ressies but I do feel, when dealing with seasoned internationals and an under performing team, it needs more at the moment!!

Wrong time for Bowyer as, possibly the most important transfer window opens, it would be too much of a gamble allowing him (or Shabby) to pick the targets/release the under achievers.

Bowyer's opportunity should've been when kean left. The clearout (with hindsight) should have happened then. A couple of games as we searched for a 'proven' manager.

This is certainly not the time to gamble with Rovers future on a '2nd team coach' pretending to be a manager. That's not meant to be disrespectful to Bowyer as he is obviously a very good coach.

He has insufficient experience for the job.

I think Bowyers tactics and starting 11 was far bolder than anything Black put out during his caretaker stint, will be interesting to see if he can build on it against a much better team like Forest on Tuesday and if he can i think he should at least be promoted to 1st team coaching duties.

Archived