BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Stuart

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't he both? Coaches the players in training, and takes charge of the team on match days. I would guess he also has significant input in which academy players to promote etc?

If Hendry is number 2 to him, I would assume he is reserve team manager!

Wrong time for Bowyer as, possibly the most important transfer window opens, it would be too much of a gamble allowing him (or Shabby) to pick the targets/release the under achievers.

Bowyer's opportunity should've been when kean left. The clearout (with hindsight) should have happened then. A couple of games as we searched for a 'proven' manager.

This is certainly not the time to gamble with Rovers future on a '2nd team coach' pretending to be a manager. That's not meant to be disrespectful to Bowyer as he is obviously a very good coach.

He has insufficient experience for the job.

I would take him before Peter Taylor though!!! 2 wins on the bounce, one against a decent team.

I wouldn't be prepared to gamble on another boss.

Bowyer has the respect of the players and knows the club.Give him the post til the end of the season.It worked for Tony Parkes.

Even if he doesn't get us into the play offs we won't go down under under him.

What do you think?

• Backroom
He's done fantastic to get 6 points but its still far too risky a move at this stage

Unfortunately Tom, with Shebby Singh in charge of naming the next manager, appointing Bowyer might be the least risky option.

If Gary Bowyer keeps this up then, sod it, why the hell not?

And noooo, I'm not endorsing him over a proven manager. But let's be straight here, people: Who honestly thinks Shebby & co have the right man waiting in the wings? If it comes down to a choice of Bowyer or the likes of Taylor, why ruin a good thing? At least Bowyer knows the club and a working knowledge of our young squad. Last thing we need is some schmutz coming in and screwing the whole thing up.

I'd only temper the players' performances by reminding people of the time of year.

Many of our players are in the shop window - either by the club or the player/agents.

We could well see a January bounce - and it may not really be to do with Bowyer.

When reality kicks in, many players wil actually be looking to see who we sign as manager.

Whilst they may like him (and by the way, most allegedly liked Kean), signing him full time may suggest a lack of ambition (from the players' perspective).

I'd only temper the players' performances by reminding people of the time of year.

Many of our players are in the shop window - either by the club or the player/agents.

We could well see a January bounce - and it may not really be to do with Bowyer.

When reality kicks in, many players wil actually be looking to see who we sign as manager.

Whilst they may like him (and by the way, most allegedly liked Kean), signing him full time may suggest a lack of ambition (from the players' perspective).

Never thought about that, we'll see, so many factors at the moment

Did you not want an experienced manager, rather than another coach?

Not if it is Peter Taylor no. Taylor is almost unemployable due to his shocking recent record. He wouldn't get this job on 'his' terms, it would be Shebbys.

If Gary Bowyer keeps this up then, sod it, why the hell not?

And noooo, I'm not endorsing him over a proven manager. But let's be straight here, people: Who honestly thinks Shebby & co have the right man waiting in the wings? If it comes down to a choice of Bowyer or the likes of Taylor, why ruin a good thing? At least Bowyer knows the club and a working knowledge of our young squad. Last thing we need is some schmutz coming in and screwing the whole thing up.

Bowyer has just given the fans a lift , the players some freedom and vitally bought these oafs that run our club some time with 6 excellent points.How anyone can even think we should be attempting to bring a manager of any description into this crock of sh1te of a club is beyond me,The chances of getting the right guy who everybody was happy with is just an impossibility.Why dont they just accept that we are a fook up for now and let Bowyer and the players do what they are doing until Venkys sort it out or preferably feck off.

we are basing appointing a guy who has been reserve team manager on 2 results? good wins at that but barnsley are poor and who is to say we wouldnt have beaten forest if berg was still here? what if we lose our next 2 games with bowyer in charge? we need an experienced manager, end of, not another novice!!!

Archived