BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Stuart

we are basing appointing a guy who has been reserve team manager on 2 results? good wins at that but barnsley are poor and who is to say we wouldnt have beaten forest if berg was still here? what if we lose our next 2 games with bowyer in charge? we need an experienced manager, end of, not another novice!!!
I'd say we wouldn't have beaten Forest under Berg.

Do you go to games? To me it looked like a massive weight had been lifted off the players and they actually tried to get and keep the ball.

Poetic that it was against Forest.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although only going on commentary, views of some on here and highlights, it does seem that not only are the young un's enjoying their football under Bowyer, but the like's of Murphy seem to have been rejuvenated, granted as mentioned above they could be playing for a move away, but enjoying the Bowyer effect at the moment. The wins are nice but the effort and passion coming back is good to see

Courtesy Of Sky Sports

Blackburn's caretaker manager Gary Bowyer has ruled himself out of taking charge of the side permanently, despite guiding Rovers to a 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest.

Ruben Rochina, Jordan Rhodesspacer.gif and Colin Kazim-Richards secured a second successive victory for Bowyer but he revealed he has no desire to succeed Henning Bergspacer.gif on a full-time basis.

"I'm just giving the club a bit more time and then we'll see what that brings and what happens to myself and Terry (McPhillips)", said Bowyer.

"We've been here a long time, myself and Terry, and we care about the club so we're just helping out as much as we can.

"We're just carrying on and we'll keep carrying on until we're told otherwise and that's all we know."

Actually warming to the idea of Gary Bowyer being given the job. Former player all be it not at a high level, From the North West of England, Has done the hard graft as a youth and reserve manager to get were he is also. Obviously cares and loves the clubs and has worked with the majority of the 1st team for a long period of time. Sounds like a good lad also who has the ability to change tactics whenever necessary.

Bowyer In!

Gary would probably love the job in different circumstances but i think he realises after the cock up with Berg hes better off biding his time. The bloke loves BRFC and i for 1 would accept him as number 1 and be prepared to give him time but i doubt many others would!!

• Backroom
Courtesy Of Sky Sports

Blackburn's caretaker manager Gary Bowyer has ruled himself out of taking charge of the side permanently, despite guiding Rovers to a 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest.

Ruben Rochina, Jordan Rhodesspacer.gif and Colin Kazim-Richards secured a second successive victory for Bowyer but he revealed he has no desire to succeed Henning Bergspacer.gif on a full-time basis.

"I'm just giving the club a bit more time and then we'll see what that brings and what happens to myself and Terry (McPhillips)", said Bowyer.

"We've been here a long time, myself and Terry, and we care about the club so we're just helping out as much as we can.

"We're just carrying on and we'll keep carrying on until we're told otherwise and that's all we know."

Hasn't really ruled himself out of anything with those quotes tbf. Just Sky doing their usual and putting a misleading headline.

If it's a choice between Bowyer and Taylor then it's Bowyer all the way as far as I'm concerned. If we're talking about recent experience in the Championship (ie. the last 5 years) Bowyer already technically has more experience than Taylor with just his two games, seeing as Taylor has spent the past 5 years largely failing in League One/Two and managing Bahrain.

Although only going on commentary, views of some on here and highlights, it does seem that not only are the young un's enjoying their football under Bowyer, but the like's of Murphy seem to have been rejuvenated, granted as mentioned above they could be playing for a move away, but enjoying the Bowyer effect at the moment. The wins are nice but the effort and passion coming back is good to see

Yesterdays (and Barnsley) swung on a piece of good fortune. Didn't see anything yesterday that made me think we are drastically better than under Berg's first few matches in charge - other than a bit of luck at key stages in the match. One possible difference was Kean - who looked confident coming for crosses (catching the ball rather than punching as Robinson does makes a huge difference to defending) and made a good reflex safe at a key part of the match - but it was Berg that decided to promote Kean over Robinson prior to his sacking.

To some extent though you make your own luck. If you buy into the manager's way of doing things and understand what he wants you to do, and everyone else does the same then you'll try things that you perhaps wouldn't otherwise try and some come off. Looked to me yesterday like the players understood their roles and got confidence from that so they dared and as we all know, that brings you more chances, more flukes and more confidence, repeat ad nauseam. It's why Utd win games they shouldn't. they trust the mnanager and understand what's expected and they have previous experience of the success that brings so they keep pressing for that last minute goal or whatever.

• Backroom
He stated categorically he didn't want the job on Radio Rovers after yesterdays game

Fair enough, but he didn't in the Sky Sports quotes.

It isn't though, is it? Although some fans will convince themselves that this is the choice.

Who knows. Probably not. It's more likely between Taylor, Singh, Ali, Jewell and Micky Adams. Perhaps I should have put my IF in a nice big font to emphasise.

Baffling.

The position changes on a daily basis. We're looking for a manager then - but not until the end of the transfer window. Wouldn't the right statement say that Bowyer will continue in charge for the time being, while the manager hunt is stepped up - or is that too straight forward?

• Backroom

Good luck Gary

Very daft way of doing things, either give him the job or just continue the search without setting a specific date which makes no sense apart than to avoid the transfer window

Our owners make it so easy to loathe them.

Would add though that I'm happy for Bowyer to stay in charge, done a smashing job so far and deserves a crack.

Just dont understand why Singh keeps making such stupid remarks like the getting a new manager in on 1st Jan nonsense.

Between them all they just give the impression no one is leading the club!!!

SIngh and Venkys out!!!!!!!!!!

The owners are completely and utterly clueless in all departments!! I took a bit of a break from even caring about football over the holiday and then this odd text arrives "Berg gone. You bringing back Kean?!!"

I won't replicate my reaction on here, suffice it to say that it wasn't clean!! So the second search for a manager in a few months and what? Let's wait till the end of the window....hmmmm wonder why?

This is only going to end badly isn't it?

Good luck Gary.

Lets stop the hysterics, forget about Shebby, Venkys and get behind him and the lads.

He seems like a decent bloke and the players like him. I would be happier if they gave him the job until the end of the season but if he keeps winning i'm sure that will happen anyway.

Good luck Gary.

Lets stop the hysterics, forget about Shebby, Venkys and get behind him and the lads.

He seems like a decent bloke and the players like him. I would be happier if they gave him the job until the end of the season but if he keeps winning i'm sure that will happen anyway.

How can we forget about the keaning Keans that run the club when everything they do just brings the club nearer to extinction.

Happy for Gary Bowyer

Thoroughly likeable bloke who seems to have the players backing,

I also believe he will keep SS at arms length.

I don't see how he will keep Shebby at arms length, Shebby has given them this chance after all.

If we continue to pick up results until the end of January then great, but I don't want Bowyer full time. The players have been managed far too softly over the past few years and when players come out and say that Bowyer is one of the lads and they like him then that has me worried. I would rather the players respect but also slightly fear the manager at the same time.

Archived