BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Stuart

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how he will keep Shebby at arms length, Shebby has given them this chance after all.

If we continue to pick up results until the end of January then great, but I don't want Bowyer full time. The players have been managed far too softly over the past few years and when players come out and say that Bowyer is one of the lads and they like him then that has me worried. I would rather the players respect but also slightly fear the manager at the same time.

Yeah, I agree with you there. The players have been on Easy Street for far too long. They seem to have the ability to play well when a couple of results may bring a change of circumstances at the club that suits them. After that they soon drop back to the usual shower of kean standards. I don't think the players at Utd see SAF as " one of the lads " but you can see they fear him.

pleased for Bowyer n Mcphillips.

done excellent job so far n the players have perform for him n seem to enjoy playing for him.

Delighted for the academy guys lets now see who they flog (in players) this january.

I don't see how he will keep Shebby at arms length, Shebby has given them this chance after all.

If we continue to pick up results until the end of January then great, but I don't want Bowyer full time. The players have been managed far too softly over the past few years and when players come out and say that Bowyer is one of the lads and they like him then that has me worried. I would rather the players respect but also slightly fear the manager at the same time.

i dont like to come over all itk like some people, however i have it from a extremely good (ie 100%) source that GB has already curtailed one or two things with regards Shebby's involvement.

i can also confirm that SS does not and has never taken first team training

Actually wasn't one of the things CKR said that the players know it's hard to go from being one of the lads to being in charge but that Bowyer had done it?

i dont like to come over all itk like some people, however i have it from a extremely good (ie 100%) source that GB has already curtailed one or two things with regards Shebby's involvement.

i can also confirm that SS does not and has never taken first team training

Well MGP was on the bench for a start. It will be interesting to see if Dunny is brought back into the squad.

Kazim Richards was singing his praises after the forest game, he was saying how Bowyer made training fun and how all the lads were 100% behind him.

It feels like there is a siege mentality in the squad now with all the crap that has happened and I am happy that he is in charge. I hope we keep winning and he gets the job full time.

By the way who brought Bowyer into the club ? Was it Sam ?

pleased for Bowyer n Mcphillips.

done excellent job so far n the players have perform for him n seem to enjoy playing for him.

Bottom of the league and a dispirited Forest team (you would be if you found McCleish as yuor manager). Truly amazing

Well MGP was on the bench for a start. It will be interesting to see if Dunny is brought back into the squad.

Kazim Richards was singing his praises after the forest game, he was saying how Bowyer made training fun and how all the lads were 100% behind him.

It feels like there is a siege mentality in the squad now with all the crap that has happened and I am happy that he is in charge. I hope we keep winning and he gets the job full time.

Souness

Forest are a decent team with decent players. I watched them rip Cardiff apart back in November. The fact they had a new manager would have been something else that could have given the players a boost. I guess I'm trying to say that GB definitely deserves some credit for that result.

Hopefully he can take that into Wolves away. I'm not bothered about the cup game on the weekend. It's all about the league now.

When Stuart started this thread I thought he was doing it with a tongue firmly in his cheek. As the days and results have gone by,the underwhelming list of potential managers have been suggested and watching Bowyers impressive interviews, I have done a complete 180.

It seems like the team are responding to him (albeit 2 games).

Our global disaster has made it clear there won't be any new players introduced so that lessens the urgency for a proven manager,

i really hope we've 'got lucky' and he keeps the good run going.

Just reading this mb tells me fans will be a bit more forgiving if we lose a game.

Good luck Gary and well done.

Delighted for the academy guys lets now see who they flog (in players) this january.

Did I read somewhere that Reading are after Rhodes?

If they offer anything reasonable Venkys will snap their hands off, no doubt about that in my book.

Has been here since the days of souness apparently

Did I read somewhere that Reading are after Rhodes?

If they offer anything reasonable Venkys will snap their hands off, no doubt about that in my book.

Isnt that what they are in this for ? Far money to made from selling one professional footballer than a billion chickens, easy money.

Everyone has to start somewhere, solskjaer was utd reserve manager and has had a lot of success moving into proper management, lets hope bowyer can do the same after all he did get the reserves over achieving every year.

shebby says we dont need anyone.

I´d pop down yourself if I were you and see if there any vacancies going! It´s as likely as anything else in this whole saga.

Fortunately, they kept Hendry on board so the bibs will still get handed out just fine and the placement of cones will be world-class.

Does Bowyer actually want to do this job ? My impression is he is quite content to manage the reserves and not want to put his head on the chopping block.

Either way, the club is an omnishambles, as my friend Ed Miliband would say of this government.

Bowyer&co. have i think surprised everybody and done a great job so far, not just by getting good results but also becuse hes seemingly getting all the players highly motivated, well organised and actually playing like a team that wont accept losing(something no other manager has done since Allardyce left). But in saying all that there's a lot more to managing than working on the training field, picking a squad and seeing over games on match days ,i dont believe Gary Bowyer will no where to start with the other aspects of management(player transfers/contract negotiations, working with media, dealing with the clubs board&owners and obviously there is nobody at the club fit and qualified to show him the ropes and give him good advise.

I agree with a lot of what you say T.J. and I hope that this is the way the club see the management setup with Gary Bowyer doing training etc and an older head of experience taking on the managerial aspects of the club. I think this could work if the mangerial appointment is the right one.

I agree with a lot of what you say T.J. and I hope that this is the way the club see the management setup with Gary Bowyer doing training etc and an older head of experience taking on the managerial aspects of the club. I think this could work if the mangerial appointment is the right one.

As long as Shebby Singh doesn't seriously have any ideas of taking on the role himself, all be it unofficially, as I doubt he has the necessary qualifications(or even a proper work permit!)

Archived