BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Stuart

You can only beat what is in front of you. I'd say what has been achieved thus far is extremely impressive indeed:

From what I am picking up, he turned a beaten looking group of players into a winning group.

He has stabilised team selection and tactics

He does have a plan B- Forest second half

Rovers are playing better football.

The off field farce and the three morons are being managed away from affecting morale

How many of these, if any, have we had since the chickens arrived?

That is an achievement in itself.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can only beat what is in front of you. I'd say what has been achieved thus far is extremely impressive indeed:

From what I am picking up, he turned a beaten looking group of players into a winning group.

He has stabilised team selection and tactics

He does have a plan B- Forest second half

Rovers are playing better football.

The off field farce and the three morons are being managed away from affecting morale

How many of these, if any, have we had since the chickens arrived?

Got to admit he has impressed me as well.. the fact that he knows many of the players well (promoted a fair few of them up from youth), was involved in pushing the likes of Phil Jones into the reserves and we all seem to of overlooked the fact that he has been promoted a fair few times and has actually been promoted not by one manager but by many different managers of Blackburn Rovers over a very respectable nine year stint.

Still have my doubts how he will manage dealing with transfers, contracts etc etc.. but for now he is a very good option and promoting the likes of Hugo to the first team squad gives me heart that he may just turn into a Houghton rather than a Kidd.

As Rovers manager would he deal with transfers anyway? I know his should be the major say, but it would appear it's not nowadays and certainly contracts have never been the manager's remit. That's down to the chairman, DoF or owner in most clubs.

I'd rather have Lowe in than Etuhu. That guy is a right @#/? waste of @#/? space and could do with having his @#/? @#/? kicked off to bring him into the world.

Signed on a four-year deal for mega-dough. Rovers have been treated like a benevolent fund for no-hopers these past two years.

I'd rather have Lowe in than Etuhu. That guy is a right @#/? waste of @#/? space and could do with having his @#/? @#/? kicked off to bring him into the world.

Signed on a four-year deal for mega-dough. Rovers have been treated like a benevolent fund for no-hopers these past two years.

But Lowe isnt upto the right standard yet.

I'm still clinging on to hope that he was carrying an injury. He never used to be a lazy player and he started the season quite well.

• Backroom
But Lowe isnt upto the right standard yet.

He's up to a good standard for Chamionship level and half-decent for PL. At 20 or 21, that's bloody good going for a combative midfielder. I get the feeling you want him to be a world-beater, when all we need is a tidy Savage-esque player.

He's up to a good standard for Chamionship level and half-decent for PL. At 20 or 21, that's bloody good going for a combative midfielder.

In your opinion.

He does very little for me. As others have said, he's lightweight. I wouldn't have minded playing against him, nothing to be frightened of there.

He's up to a good standard for Chamionship level and half-decent for PL. At 20 or 21, that's bloody good going for a combative midfielder. I get the feeling you want him to be a world-beater, when all we need is a tidy Savage-esque player.

He passes the ball out of play, and then to the opposition. Hes poor at heading, has average pace, and sometimes struggles with controlling the ball like he did a couple of times on saturday, plus he doesnt provide a threat to the opposition. Which player have you been watching ?

• Backroom
He passes the ball out of play, and then to the opposition. Hes poor at heading, has average pace, and sometimes struggles with controlling the ball like he did a couple of times on saturday, plus he doesnt provide a threat to the opposition. Which player have you been watching ?
I've been watching the one that tackles well and plays tidy short passes. I'm not expecting him to be savage, tugay and flitcroft combined.

His job is to mop up in front of defence and he does that very well for a lad of only 20. In 2 or 3 yrs, I reckon he'll be the savage we've missed since Robbie left.

You don't seem to bear in mind his age, our finance or the league we're in. He's a good player for this league. At 20 that's excellent progress.

I've been watching the one that tackles well and plays tidy short passes. I'm not expecting him to be savage, tugay and flitcroft combined.

His job is to mop up in front of defence and he does that very well for a lad of only 20. In 2 or 3 yrs, I reckon he'll be the savage we've missed since Robbie left.

You don't seem to bear in mind his age, our finance or the league we're in. He's a good player for this league. At 20 that's excellent progress.

Tackles well got to say does he really? Tidy short passes is that really what we just want to see ?

Put the word 'Yet' into a previous post on Jason, which is no way of condemning him, just thinking of right now with this season and the next in mind.

Good player for this league ? id say hes more suited to Peterborough, Bristol City or Barnsley, than an ambitious Rovers, if one exists.

Note to Shabby (or Bojo's Proxy):

Give him until the end of January and if his record is still pretty good, have a review with him and ask him what he needs to carry on for a little while longer. Give him what he wants.

Up his pay and put him on a new rolling monthly contract (with the possibility to return to his old one) and put another review in the calendar for the end of February.

Leave him alone. Keep the "family" and all the other meddlers away from him and shut up.

If results go pear shaped bring in the best mercenary you have lined up in the time he has bought you.... don't forget the leak test first.

Lowe is okay. One of few grafters in the team - probably only him, Hanley, Dann, Givet in the whole outfit - so for that reason alone he is crucial. If he got injured I think we would really really struggle as we just don't have anyone to do his job. If he does move to rightback with Henley out - I hope he doesn't - then we already have a problem. Etuhu looks terrible, and who else can cover the yards in the centre of the park? Probably the next best bet is Pedersen.......!

That said as good a job as he does I will be surprised if he is a regular premier league player in five years. I base that on that there is not a single part of his game which is really impressive. People say he is young but in all the time I have watched Rovers by his age - 20/21ish - you have a decent idea what sort of level they will make it at. Dunn, Reid, Jones, Hoilett, Olsson, Bentley, Nzonzi, Henley even Hanley all looked like they had/have something to offer at the top table. Lowe.... well. I just can't see it. More of the Jonathan Douglas/Jon Stead variety of player. Decent performer, lacks edge.

Crucial for us this season though, no doubt.

Archived