BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could this be the reason?

TBTF

this is not in any way a racist slant before anybody starts down that road

but could it be that a group of Indians have got together and thought it would be a good idea to try to have a team in the English league.? By that it could be Asian owned, Asian managed and Asian run from the Board room? That would potentially give the Group behind it a big commercial voice/brand in Asia.

I am not saying the plan has started particularly well for them and maybe they are learning the hard way but sticking with Shebby, contemplating Judan Ali and no doubt wanting Asian players involved sometime in the future .They have laid serious store by their Academy in Pune and elsewhere.

All i am saying is that football maybe the choice of industry with its obvious revenues and glamour for a group to think like this. As the highest placed Club with a sizeable Asian population in our town maybe we were just the unlucky choice 2 years ago.

How else can you explain the stick to the plan, fly in the face of reason and seemingly unconcerned view of finances? Why else would you consistently fail to engage with the local fanbase or even talk to willing buyers??

The possibility is that they just don't care about what goes on in the Uk particularly as its all geared to the massive opportunity within Asia itself.

There is no doubt a prestige in owning a successful Premier League club but other than that not many outside of the UK are interested in any other clubs (unless of course you already support those clubs). Even in India despite becoming the first Indian's to own a Premiership club reception was initially good but soon faded. As far as I can find out apart from a few kids leagues in a few Indian cities the Academy and building of it is yet to start.

Seems the rest of Asia are not particularly interested unless its Man U Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal etc

So even if we had Indian Managers, coaches, players etc wouldn't be much more interest whilst we are out of the Premier League

Think Venky's were sold a plan based on one of them's interest in football , which has seriously backfired for them , although I'm sure others have enjoyed some success out of it and maybe still do and now they are stuck with something they don't want to sell for whatever reasons.

They say all publicity is good publicity well hope they are getting their money's worth

Promotion of the Blackburn Rovers brand in Asia was part of the sale agreement when the club was bought. Not really a conspiracy.

Its not meant to be a conspiracy! I don't think we have thought of it as an Asian club though have we?? We think of it as an English Club playing in England.I am thinking its an Asian Club playing in England in due course.

Its not meant to be a conspiracy! I don't think we have thought of it as an Asian club though have we?? We think of it as an English Club playing in England.I am thinking its an Asian Club playing in England in due course.

We have more Portuguese players at the moment so perhaps we are going to become a Portuguese club in England. I know what you mean though. More Asian support from the town would be good but a successful team is a better advert than Judan Ali as manager.

The Portuguese players make sense within Venkys global marketing. Venkys reportedly have business interests in Brazil and are a fairly large employer. Brazil and Portugal are closely connected.

So a "global" team based on England which appeals to Indian and the South American markets. Not a bad plan, if true, but very poorly executed to date.

but Blackburn is in England.

Not only that but all the thousands of Asian heritage people I know will be attracted by success on the field regardless of who the owners are. Just because you are Indian doesn't mean you'd appeal to any of the Pakistani, Bangladeshi or even Indian people who live locally so what makes anyone think that they will be any more appealing to people in India itself. They all want to follow success. If you haven't a lot yourself then you want even more to be associated with it. so if they had any ideas of appealing to Asian or brazilian people or whatever, their failure to retain premier league status was the biggest mistake they could ever have made.

this is not in any way a racist slant before anybody starts down that road

but could it be that a group of Indians have got together and thought it would be a good idea to try to have a team in the English league.? By that it could be Asian owned, Asian managed and Asian run from the Board room? That would potentially give the Group behind it a big commercial voice/brand in Asia.

I am not saying the plan has started particularly well for them and maybe they are learning the hard way but sticking with Shebby, contemplating Judan Ali and no doubt wanting Asian players involved sometime in the future .They have laid serious store by their Academy in Pune and elsewhere.

All i am saying is that football maybe the choice of industry with its obvious revenues and glamour for a group to think like this. As the highest placed Club with a sizeable Asian population in our town maybe we were just the unlucky choice 2 years ago.

How else can you explain the stick to the plan, fly in the face of reason and seemingly unconcerned view of finances? Why else would you consistently fail to engage with the local fanbase or even talk to willing buyers??

The possibility is that they just don't care about what goes on in the Uk particularly as its all geared to the massive opportunity within Asia itself.

It sounds plausible.

You give them way too much credit.

Naive people with too much money wanted a new toy / pet. They massively underestimated what was involved. They screwed up and now need to save face somehow. Bringing in Berg was an attempt to save face. Now they don't know which way to turn.

Given the difficulty Rothchilds had to find a buyer of a well run, well positioned club there is probably no way out whereby the Venky's can save any face.

Administration is looking like the eventuality surely.

For one, it would be discrimination, two, most Indians hate the Pakistani race (as do people in many other Asian Countries) and one which Venkys would not have considered

- work permits, the standard of football in India is so poor, I dont think they would get work permits for the players from India, we struggled with Brad Freidel so what chance is there with Abid Ali who probably has had four games for Delhi Bellie 1st X1

I wrote along the same lines a day or two back. I said the intention is to "Indianise" Rovers.

No,I don't think you are being racist at all. I fear they may be though.

You give them way too much credit.

Naive people with too much money wanted a new toy / pet. They massively underestimated what was involved.

I would agree with this, and I don't see how anyone could view your opening post as racist so no need for the disclaimer either IMO.

So a "global" team based on England which appeals to Indian and the South American markets. Not a bad plan, if true, but very poorly executed to date.

All well and good if they could get 30K global fans flying in for every home game.

If Rovers don't belong to/play for the local people, the local people won't support the club

All well and good if they could get 30K global fans flying in for every home game.

If Rovers don't belong to/play for the local people, the local people won't support the club

I think the top of the premier league basically disproves this notion.

Winning = fans

All this talk of global marketing is eyewash.

Venky's have failed utterly with the Rovers brand in India and are investing far more in the Ronaldinho cartoon than anything they have done with our club.

Venky's are failing dramatically in the UK with commercial income down over 30% even before relegation kicks in.

All this talk of global marketing is eyewash.

Venky's have failed utterly with the Rovers brand in India and are investing far more in the Ronaldinho cartoon than anything they have done with our club.

Venky's are failing dramatically in the UK with commercial income down over 30% even before relegation kicks in.

Soon the penny will drop and they will realise they cannot continue. I think they will sell soon.

Soon the penny will drop and they will realise they cannot continue. I think they will sell soon.

I wouldn't hold your breath Pafell last week Balaji said "

With the fans furious at some of the decisions taken by the owners, as well as at the present position of the side, the Rovers co-owner took the opportunity to express his commitment to the club and urged them to back the side.

“We are in this for the long haul and we love the fans. They should also just support the team,” he concluded.

I wouldn't hold your breath Pafell last week Balaji said "With the fans furious at some of the decisions taken by the owners, as well as at the present position of the side, the Rovers co-owner took the opportunity to express his commitment to the club and urged them to back the side.

“We are in this for the long haul and we love the fans. They should also just support the team,” he concluded.

Did he not also say that Eric Black was to take control of the team in a caretaker role while the search for a new manager was undertaken?

I wouldn't hold your breath Pafell last week Balaji said "

With the fans furious at some of the decisions taken by the owners, as well as at the present position of the side, the Rovers co-owner took the opportunity to express his commitment to the club and urged them to back the side.

The penny will drop soon, because they way they are going is unsustainable. The penny maybe forced down their throat, but it will eventually drop.

Did he not also say that Eric Black was to take control of the team in a caretaker role while the search for a new manager was undertaken?

Something like that.

Archived